Blitz the heck out of Brady...or stay at home?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJets4EverOnTop, Nov 29, 2010.

1. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

I was thinking about that, If we lose to NE, and then they turn around and lose to GB we are tied in losses to common opponents

We would have lost to Ravens, GB, NE
    Pats would have lost to NYJ, Browns, GB

so that wouldnt break the tie in any way shape or form...

2. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

I don't know if blitzing will work, but I know giving Brady all day in the pocket won't work. The Jets will likely continue to blitz him and they'll get burned by it a few times. Brady isn't going to be held scoreless. But over the whole game I think it's the best plan. The longer he sits back there untouched, the worse the outcome for the Jets. I think you live or die by pressuring him. I don't care if we get zero sacks on him, as long as he is forced to pass before he wants to.

3. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Can Woodhead pick up the blitz? I think he might be someone to run over a few times.

4. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I've seen him do it, but he can't do it every time.

5. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Exactly. Losing this game would almost certainly mean losing the division. Like another poster stated, the Pats would have to lose to the Bills or Phins and the Jets would need to win those games to hold the tiebreaker.

Otherwise, the tiebreaker would be Strength of Victory which would go to the Pats.

The Jets could realistically be tied at 13-3 atop the AFC East and lose out on that tiebreaker.

6. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

The same could be said for both teams. I prefer to say that winning this game almost certainly means winning the division.

7. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

while this is a must win for both teams, it'd be far more damaging to the pats if they lose as they are virtually 2 games back due to being swept. They'd lose the head to head tiebreaker and already have 2 division losses.

if we lost, it'd come down to common games (which might end up identical) and eventually go down further in the tiebreakers.

we'd be 1 game back, but if the pats lose any game it'd be against a common opponent. If it was against the dolphins or bills, that'd be even better because they would have 2 division losses and we'd win the tiebreaker and it wouldn't even come down to common games.

of course that assumes we lost this game and win out, but interesting to think about the scenarios.

I think we win this anyways.

#47 jets_fan_in_fishtown, Nov 30, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
  8. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Problem is its Bears AND Packers not Bears or Packers.

If the Patriots are good enough to beat us, I strongly do not expect them to go lose 2 games in a row afterwards. Especially one of which is in their house.

9. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Again, there is absolutely NO scenario where the tiebreaker would come down to common game opponents. It's impossible no matter what crazy scenario happens.

10. TommyBrady12

TommyBrady12 Member

if you knew anything about winning in the NFL, you would know that the season starts really after Thanksgiving. However, being a jets fans you would not know anything about winning so u are excused.

11. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Lol and what have you won exactly?

The only ring you wear is the toilet paper ring you use as a gerbil gankplank.......

You are just a troll. What on gods green earth are you going to teach us about winning?

12. 624

624 Banned

How did the Patriots* do last year?

How did they do compared to the Jets after thanksgiving?

It must suck being a bandwagon Patriots* fan now that they aren't allowed to cheat anymore.

13. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

The thing that worries me the most is our LB's in coverage. If they don't step it up the TE's and RB's will have a field day and Brady will be dinking and dunking his way to a win.

14. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Yep, that is a concern, along with whether the Jet O can counter that by outscoring them.

15. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

you blitz tom brady because he is a primadonna. shove him down a couple times and he loses his head. if rex goes with his tried and true method of 'organized chaos' as it is referred to, tommy will be screaming in his high pitched nasally voice at his team about how they(he) 'couldnt do anything'

16. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

we might see our corners playing tight ends more often than we are used to, and im fine with that.

17. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

While I totally understand what you are saying, it would be a significant mistake to ignore branch and Welker altogether.

Welker ass-raped us last time we played in foxboro and branch just destroyed the lions secondary last week for 3 tds.

My point is not that they are uncoverable, they can be shut out. But if we put Revis and Cro on their rookie TE's consistently, Branch and Welker will get loose and make some big plays against our backup corners.

Sliding Cro inside onto Gronkowski or Hernandez in those 2 te formations with 1 WR is a great idea, but if we are letting Drew Coleman cover Branch we will be in trouble. Lowery and Wilson should be on the TE's and Coleman on Woodhead out of the backfield, with Cro on Branch and Revis on Welker. I would take my chances 1-on-1 all day with our group against theirs and I expect we come out on top a heck of a lot more than they do...

18. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I agree. If Branch and Welker are on the field, they will need to be covered, obviously, and only Cro and Revis can cover them one on one. Doubling coverage on either to allow for example Cro to cover a TE is something the Jets may well do, but it's a trade off that is not without a downside.

My guess is we will see mostly man coverage on Branch and Welker from Cro and Revis, with zone coverage in the middle of the field. That has been a sore point for the Jets, but with this roster I think we as fans have to see them live and hopefully not die with it.

19. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

yeh i definitely think welker needs to be manned up all game. i think thats probably one of the only ways to neutralize him. someone like revis or cro who has the ability to mirror the receiver will take away his ability to cut through the zone. i feel like he is successful more often when he has a chance to beat a man he is running at rather than with.

obvious analysis im sure but take it as you will, i dont know if branch is someone we need to constantly cover, one of the jets safeties over the top should be sufficient to neutralize the likes of him.

20. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

blitz

we need to keep constant pressure on pretty boy