Blitz the heck out of Brady...or stay at home?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJets4EverOnTop, Nov 29, 2010.

1. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Obviously you have to mix it up and Rex will do just that. The key is going to be to not let Brady get a read on who is or isn't coming pre-snap. We'll probably see a lot of pre-snap movement from our defense as to not tip our hand. Rex is 2-1 against Brady with the Jets and his only loss is when Sanchez had one of his horrible 4 INT rookie performances.

2. theBidet

theBidet Active Member

someone with a better memory than i help refresh mine.... the last couple games, under rex, we played the pats... didn't we pressure the hell out of brady? i don't see us doing much different in the way of things than the last 3 games.

3. I'd put a lot of pressure on him, but with many different looks and schemes. Use the extra time to devise some new looks at getting pressure on him.

Truth is, despite how much various sportswriters and broadcasters talk about Brady being good under pressure, he's not. The way to beat him is to make him uncomfortable. It's what the Ravens did last year. It's what the Jets did in the second half. It's what the Browns did.

Of course, this runs a risk with their short passing game. But if Rex and Pettine can scheme it right, they can compensate for that. A few early scores by the Jets, and it could take away some of that short passing game. Have to get ahead early.

This may not be the best week to defer if they win the toss.

4. DRC™

DRC™ Active Member

I think they should mix it up and try to confuse him(as much as you can confuse QB of his caliber). Hopefully that will upset the team's rythm

5. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

IMo, that's a great point. The Pats are not the type of team I would give them the ball to start the game if I had a choice.

The problem is with the early scores by the Jets part. The Jets are getting to be painfully consistent at being slow starting up their O.

6. JetDynasty

JetDynasty Active Member

I say bring a variety of blitzes that involve our corners or safeties as opposed to just linebackers! why not bring revis in on a blitz!!!!? hes fast and can hit...i mean rex needs to change it up and disguise more...offenses know how to beat our d and brady will torture us if we dont include variety

7. 624

624 Banned

Wilson actually did a great job on Welker in the 2nd half.

8. 624

624 Banned

Brady wasn't too great in that win either.

His last 3 losses were to a Ryan style defense.

Ravens in Playoffs, Jets, Browns (they could have easily lost to the Ravens this year as well)

9. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

If there is any QB to blitz constantly,it's Brady. It's the only way to beat them. Give him any time and he'll pick you apart. he rattles when rushed and hit a lot.

10. Wizard Of Odds

Wizard Of Odds New Member

Brady gets very shaken by pressures and hits. Jets need to get after him in this game and make him remember that knee surgery he had. And when Welker comes over the middle Mr. Revis needs to introduce himself in a very sudden and brutal way. Time to start smashing some of these runt recievers they have as they come over the middle. Make the whole damn bunch of them nervous everytime they run a route.

11. Wizard Of Odds

Wizard Of Odds New Member

Hey Mr. Welker, get ready for a whole lot of this...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2ZAMVrcUFs&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

12. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Wilsons best game imo was the first game against the pats so I feel perfectly comfortable with him on Gronk/Hernandez

13. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

"To win this game...We needa be doin' one thing and one thing only...

Sackin' Brady."

[​IMG]

14. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

It may just be me, but I've had an idea that Rex has been playing it safe on defense for the past couple of months. The exotic blitzes have been few and far between. And I believe he's been holding out for the opportunity to unleash hell. I think its coming this week, and I can't wait to see it.

15. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Yes. I dont think we can afford to blitz too much. I think if anything blitz early on to establish a threat and then ride it out with fake blitz packages and dropping back. Not worried too much about a deep ball. I feel like anything I say can be the kiss of death though. I need this game to happen now.

16. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

The Pats still beat the Ravens and we did not. So unless you think theyre going to lose to the Bears AND Packers (which they wont) we can NOT beat them via tie breaker 3 under any circumstances.

The conference tie breaker wed also both be tied @. So IF the Patriots beat us and @ the end of the season our records are tied the ONLY way we win that tie breaker is IF the Patriots lose to either the Bills or Miami (and we dont of course) since wed have the better division.

In other words if we lost this game our destiny (getting the 1/2 seed) relies heavily on the Bills and Fins.

17. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Rex seems to have been calling a rather vanilla (to his standards) defense this year. We haven't been sending the house on 3rd downs like we saw last year. I can't help but think he has a few cards up his sleeve for this game. He always pulls some exotic blitzes out for Brady, and I don't think this week will be any different.

Rex is going to come after Brady. That's how you beat him.

18. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Neither team can win from the common games tiebreaker no matter what happens the rest of the season.

19. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

If there's two teams that can beat the Pats, its the bears and packers.

20. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

He will and we should blitz the ever loving shit out of that long haired dweeb. We stay home he will find a way and pick us apart, Blitz him and play good man coverage and we will walk out of that shit hole with a W.