Best QBs Available?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by heartpumpsgreen, Sep 11, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

If we could, still wouldn't do it

2. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

Corral is still here, he’s on the restricted list for leaving the team without permission

3. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

I'm starting to feel Wentz is going to end up here.

I'm not sure how many backup QBs are truly available week 1. There aren't any Lance situations where the guy who was supposed to be #2 got outplayed and then traded.

Wentz is the best option of the bad options.

4. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

Ah yeah sorry i thought i read he was on their PS.
    Yeah he's not a possibility.

5. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

Yeah the other multiple layers of this disaster aside one of the potentially really bad parts is that the Jets were trying to just shield Wilson off on the sideline to absorb, learn, grow and hopefully ultimately get better out of the spotlight. This is now twice that he didn't even have 5 minutes to remain quietly hidden and start putting his career back together before its right back into the front line with no parachute.

Maybe he'll seize the day and make it into an opportunity but even just from a Zach Wilson development standpoint I don't think this is what anybody wanted at this very moment.

6. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Spot on.

7. vokab206

vokab206 Well-Known Member

Colt McCoy.

8. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

Just heard on FAN that the Jets have reached out to Chad Henne. Think he'd be a solid back up for Wilson and can certainly move the sticks if he plays.

9. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

No idea if we could get him in under our cap, but I'd imagine that after watching Caleb Williams the last couple weeks, the Cardinals are thinking of ways to get Kyler Murray out of there before he comes back and ruins their tank job. Heck, we could even ask them to throw Kelvin Beachum in the deal; he's currently their third tackle, and he played pretty well last year. It's probably too Madden-y to happen in real life, but it would be the boldest move we could pull off, especially if Rodgers is having reservations about coming back in 2024.

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  10. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

Jameis seems like a no brainier (pun intended haha). But seriously, is he not available? Because of all the options, seems to me he ticks the most boxes: NFL arm, starting experience, still youngish, good locker room guy by all accounts (unlike, for example, Wentz). Yeah he’ll throw 50 picks just like Zach, but he’ll also throw twice as many TDs as Zach.

Jets81, Nyjets4eva and James Hasty like this.
  11. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

Def lots of layers to a move like that on both sides. But the price tag scares me and his inconsistency, I think we could do better and not have to give up as much. If we honestly think ZW is gonna miraculously turn on a light we will have a repeat of last year and that’s gonna suck because our team is so talented and he holds the entire squad back. He makes everyone else have to work that much harder, especially on D with some of the most boneheaded throws ever. And they barely ask him to throw so that’s just horrific to think the limited amount of times we ask him to throw and he is already at almost 20 picks in his career

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  12. HomeoftheJets

I can't see how we can do better than Murray; there's a chance he'll even be better than Rodgers would have been given that we'll never know if we'd have gotten MVP Rodgers or a washed-up version of him. Murray has a career passer rating over 90 in a dysfunctional organization, was a Pro Bowler in 2020 and 2021, rushes for 500 yards a season, and is young enough that he may even be a long-term solution. Ordinarily a guy like him would never be available for trade, but the Cardinals actually need us as much as we need them, considering they have to get rid of him before he ruins their chances of getting Williams. So our first rounder may be enough to get him and Beachum and have them pick up enough of his contract that we can afford him.

#132 HomeoftheJets, Sep 13, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2023
  13. HomeoftheJets

I'd look into him, but I don't see the Saints trading him to us after they just saw from us how important a quality backup QB is.

sozopol likes this.
  14. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

So…. 10?

sozopol likes this.
  15. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Henne not a bad choice.
    Wonder if he wants one more season with a good chance of playing at some point.

16. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

If he can move the sticks he’s the starter, not the backup.

17. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

Jameis Winston is a turnover machine his stat line is 139 touchdowns and 96 interceptions including his infamous year when he threw 30 to the other team in 2019 with 33 touchdowns. Hard pass.

18. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Chad Henne has attempted 61 regular season passes in the past 8 years. He does have an additional 15 playoff pass attempts in that timeframe, so there that.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  19. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I forgot to add that he's thrown more career interceptions than touchdowns and a passer rating of 76.1. He's also a 38 year old statue.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  20. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Here's what I would do. Make a trade with the Las Vegas Raiders for QB Aidan O'Connell. This kid, actually not a kid he's 25 but a rookie, consistently moved his team forward when he was in there in preseason games, so much so, you would think he was a seasoned veteran. He is currently the No. 3 QB on the Raiders roster but I think he could end up being No.1 here and possibly our next FQB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.