Best QBs Available?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by heartpumpsgreen, Sep 11, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

agree within bringing in a vet but i would let zw play @ dallas to see how it goes and if he plays well even if jets lose, give him another game vs the pats, re-evaluate then. this will also give enough time to whoever else we bring in

mrjet80 likes this.
  2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

There is literally no one worth giving up even a day 3 pick for. No one makes us anything other than a fringe wildcard team. Save the picks, let Zach prove he's not the guy so we can move on from him next year and sign an actual competent backup QB (which Douglas botched badly this year) who can take over when 40 year old Aaron Rodgers recovering from a torn achilles can't finish the season.

3. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

I don't hate this option either. He looked pretty good in the other league this year. Wouldn't cost us any picks to bring him in for a look either. Not the worst name I've seen floated by some.

4. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

There is no one out there right now that anyone is going to give up and there isnt anything better than what we have on the scrap heap of FA right now. Wilson will sink or swim. I don't think he swims because I don't think he's very good. My gut tells me that this season is essentially over and the best we do is 8-8. Another wasted talented roster. Also, whoever invited Vinny T to opening day should be fired immediately!!! You don't temp fate like that - EVER. You have to know better!

#84 Mehl-56, Sep 12, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2023
    mezzavo likes this.
  5. Flyboy

Flyboy Active Member

Now it feels like we only traded for a QB coach.

BrooklynJetsFan likes this.
  6. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

If JD kept Mike White we wouldn't be in the problem. We had the best backup QB in all of football - and we let him go for a couple of million dollars. Dolphins will never trade/release him.

7. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Mike White is 2-5 as a starter with 8 TDs and 12 INTs. I'm personally thrilled that we don't even have to have the conversation where we pretend Mike White might be a viable starting option.

Jets81, KingRoach, bicketybam and 5 others like this.
  8. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

Agreed - this fan base totally over rated him. I'm glad he is gone.

JetFanInNE likes this.
  9. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Richardson got banged up this week. I doubt Indy is super eager to ship away Minshew for peanuts when they don't have much else in terms of a viable starting option.

10. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

And yet everyone knows that Mike White is going to throw the winning TD pass to Barrios in one of our games with them. We cant escape that fate.

sozopol and mezzavo like this.
  11. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Ok I can dream>> let just say Wilson has a mistake free game next week , plus our running game gets going. That said in my heart I feel this Jets Defense can carry us

I wouldn't be surprised that with a fumble an intercept coming our way we can get a Win..

Look how Zach played last night..right after the intercept, the Fan Middle Finger, the kid settled down and just did enough to get a W

Am I dreaming? I dunno ...Boys beat NYG 40 zip...but its all on Zach now so go Zach and lets have a Buffalo redux in Texas!

ColoradoContrails and mrjet80 like this.
  12. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I was thinking along the same lines. The Jets have a couple different routes to go planning for Dallas. They probably would of been underdogs even if AR was playing. I know Dallas isn’t putting up 40 on this defense. Now that they won the divisional game they can go ground and pound with those sideline passes and lean on the D again …. Or they can throw caution to the wind and plan to let Zach air it as they would have with AR and see how far along he’s come. If they lose they lose as a road underdog to the NFC. A loss but not devastatingly so. The head says option #1 which is probably what they do.

In the meantime work the phones - if it was Cooper Rush obviously that doesn’t get done until next week. Let him - whoever it is - learn the system keep Boyle handy to the bye. If they are sitting at 3-3 with easier portion of schedule looming you’ve got the new QB a month into the system and we’ll see how far Zach truly is. Best case scenario is Zach is steady enough not to lose games. Next best case is the guy they bring in impresses. Worst case scenario they know QB is main focus going into ‘24. There’s not too much else they can do at this point but keep in mind this team is more talented than last year. What they can’t do is depend on Boyle as #2

After thinking about it I don’t think bringing in an old vet is the answer at this point ….

13. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

If we are going to give up anything to improve our QB'ing we'd be better off going for a tackle or guard. Both are weak and we need depth. Were one injury away from a disaster that no journeymen QB can save.

NY Jets68 likes this.
  14. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Josina Anderson:
    As far as QB options for the #Jets to add to depth, again it's reaffirmed to me just now: "Zach's our guy. We'll add a 3rd. Scouts compiling a list."

*Looks like a Colt McCoy signing is in our near future.*

BleedJetsGreen1981 likes this.
  15. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

I mean in the grand scheme of shit, can he possibly be worse than Zach?? No! CAN he be better? He certainly can’t be worse

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  16. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

In other threads I mentioned that the minute they didn't deal with the Taylor situation this kid was going to get killed. He's got Josh Allen's mindset with half the talent. These workout warrior kids who haven't played or won squat always find out, once they get to the NFL, that they should have stayed in school another year or two and learned the game. My guess is that Richardson is out of the league in 5 years or less. The majority of it spent on IR. Minshew is going nowhere and SHOULD have started the season.

17. mrjet80

Too fragile ….. and Miami will be in trouble themselves when Tua goes down and he will. He’s never been able to stay upright …

18. JetFanInNE

Which means the Patsies win the division?

19. mrjet80

Up for grabs at this point …. Buffalo didn’t exactly wow anybody last night.

20. JetFanInNE

I’m not mentally strong enough to handle another AFC East title for that fucking team! I seriously just might be done with sports if this happens

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.