Best QBs Available?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by heartpumpsgreen, Sep 11, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

And here's the thing...even if you could get a good starter, you're certainly not getting anyone that's above average and likely to get you to the SB. But even there, what if "Joe Average Starter" somehow lights it up, you'd want to keep him going forward, so then what do you do about Rodgers?

It's almost a no win situation. If Zach fails - and I still have hope he succeeds as long as they can improve the OL and develop better game plans and play calling - either you try to put in a Foles or Wentz or trade (and what cost?) for a Cousins, and then create a QB controversy next year, or you plug in a JAG who likely won't do any better than a failed Zach. The only reason for signing another QB right now - and I agree with it - is to get a better back up than Boyle.

2. ColoradoContrails

Even though I believe that the Jets do think Zach can be at least adequate, there's the real possibility that he gets hurt. I'd surprised it hasn't happened already. Then Boyle is their starter? Nightmare.

3. ColoradoContrails

I thought I read that McCoy was injured?

dawinner127 likes this.
  4. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Yeah I agree. maybe no one wants to come in as a backup, idk. It's a weird situation and I'm quite confused over it, but the real move won't come for a few weeks (if zach flames out). I feel like half the people here are talking about making a move for a starter and half are talking about just a backup over boyle.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  5. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I haven't seen that yet.

Just did a quick Google search and found an article from June saying he dealt with an elbow thing this offseason but that's all I can find.

6. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I believe that was the true reason Arizona cut him. Rumors out of camp were that he couldn't even throw the football

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  7. ColoradoContrails

I think the answer is to have a tryout for the loudest Zach complainers to audition for the job. Since it's obviously so easy to play QB one of them should be able to do it.:D

dawinner127 likes this.
  8. ColoradoContrails

That's what I had read, thanks.

9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

We all know why they won't play Boyle unless its he's the Qb of last resort. They do not want another Mike F'n White debacle in case Boyle comes in and actually runs Hackett's offense. Zach is so tender and fragile mentally he couldn't stand even to be booed let alone replaced by a guy that just might play better. Would make Saleh's sales job a lot harder.

eddie sec 126 likes this.
  10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I've been touting McGough since April... he's now on the Packers practice squad... :(

11. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Not sure if many of you saw any Wash games with him, but Wentz is garbage, and most of his stats were in garbage time. I cant even say he would play better than Zach.

#451 ouchy, Sep 20, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2023
    Acad23 likes this.
  12. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

the D misses tons of tackles, and the staring OL is a sieve, especially at LT and center. LG is no bargain, either.
    an example of the critical importance of the draft, instead of wasting time and moeny on another team's rejects (free agents who were allowed to walk).

13. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

best guy to bring in would be Foles, who can stick around next year as the backup.

at least he did the job in philly and JD knows him. but, will woody insist on Zak due to his salary?

Cman68 likes this.
  14. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

now he is rated as one of the worst QBs in the league your point? Who is he going to get beaten out by? That’s the point jd needs to bring in someone who is competent so he can beat him
    Out. There’s like 50 QBs in this league right now that are better than him

15. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

The beauty of our current situation is that if/when Zach flames out then you can't sell the line of "He could still come back as the guy under AR's tutelage" and he's done here in NY.

16. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

"What are the terms of Zach Wilson's Contract? Zach Wilson's contract is a four-year deal which is worth $35,150,681, all of which is guaranteed and includes a signing bonus of approximately $22.9 million. The contract includes a fifth-year option for 2025."

17. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

Bright side is once fans boo ZAch out the stadium this year there is no point of return for him he is done as a Jet. Just be patient Jets fans if Joe Douglas and Jd don't want to admit their failures the next gm and head coach will do it for them.

SoylentGreen likes this.
  18. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

If Zach is a liability this week against the Pats then I don't see how we cannot bring in Wentz or Foles in immediately, sit them for the KC visit (which chances are we lose anyway) and then have them start the game at Mile high.

Whilst 1-5 doesn't kill us completly it certainly locks us into a WC chase as by the time we're kicking off against the Giants, we'll probably already be 6 games back in the division.

....or we just keep rolling with Zach and maybe we luck into Harrison Jr (WR), Latu (DE) or Fashanu (OT) in the draft.

19. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

You may not be crying - you're too busy quitting on the whole team and the whole season. I could not care less what Kansas City does, but as a winning organization I would expect them to do whatever they could to win games; I care about what the NY Jets do. I want them to do whatever they can to win games; why are you not concerned with that?

If that means there is a guy on his sofa who is more competent at quarterback than the incumbent, they get him on a short term contract to begin with. Wentz is one guy who's idle, he's not alone. He has never played as poorly as Wilson has and people closer to what's going on in the NFL than you or I say he's not the problem you claim.

#459 Ralebird, Sep 20, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2023
  20. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

They don't need to be "above average," they only need to be better than Wilson. The Super Bowl talk was never more than fantasy, even with Rodgers - why continue with it now?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.