Best QBs Available?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by heartpumpsgreen, Sep 11, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

And they may have the worst OC in all of sports. Canada sucks

2. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Actually it's not regardless of the circumstances, if those circumstances are significant, which these are. But yes, circumstances - or not, he still has to do better. But asking him to do that against maybe the best defense in football with the shitty OL and shitty play calling he had is beyond reasonable IMO. Is Cleveland's defense anywhere near as good as Dallas's? I doubt it. And I would gladly swap OCs with Pittsburgh right now if given the chance.

Zach's first two years of "development" were mismanaged completely, actually making him regress. In the 6 or so months since then he's shown improvement, but he's still being handcuffed. If the Jets really can't trust him to play with less restrictions then they should definitely bring someone else in, but only allowing him to attempt 5 passes in the first 28 minutes is counterproductive. IDK what the Jets actually think about him (nor does anyone else) beyond what they've said publicly, but if they still think he can be the guy, bringing in someone now to compete for the starting job would make things worse, unless they come out and say "Okay, we're done with the Zach Wilson Experiment",

And Zach stood in the pocket and "took his beatings", and completed some passes under heavy pressure, something he hasn't done in the past, so IDK what you're complaining about there. Yes, he did start to fall apart in the 4th qtr., down multiple scores with the game out of reach, but that shouldn't negate the positives from the previous 3 qtrs.

In the end, I know that you and others simply want him benched. That's not up to you or I, and we can only watch and see what the Jets do about this.

BleedJetsGreen1981 likes this.
  3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I don’t want him benched right now. I want him to go help the Jets win games.

But he hasn’t earned a long enough leash to get more games than after the bye. If he sucks and doesn’t produce, then he needs to be benched. Period stop.

I don’t know what you did for a job but when someone’s sales numbers take a dump for two straight quarters you’re either close to getting fired or fired. Most people who suck at their jobs don’t get three+ years to not suck at their jobs. I hold athletes to the same standards as the common man.

I thought he was fine on Sunday. And then I watched a
    player in equal circumstances significantly outplay him yesterday.

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  4. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I have really had it

If Saleh and Douglas are ready to give more training snaps to Zach..wasting our Talent the Season and putting their jobs in jeopardy they should just throw the towel in now

Please..you can let the kid play but get a decent Vet insurance plan ..this won’t end well imo

I don’t see us as a lock to win ANY games even though I said NE is beatable! I have zero trust with the CS Hackett all of them

Shaping up as SOJ season without some radical action..and people will fill seats for Woodys garbage production

Ralebird and Nyjets4eva like this.
  5. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

What world do you think you can just keep trotting in veteran QB’s? Our play was Aaron Rodgers. It failed. There’s no reasonable options. No one is trading a QB to us, nor should we be wasting more future capital trying to salvage a decent season out of disaster. These are the guys we got, for better or worse. Root for them or wait till next year

6. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I gotta believe Douglas is working on bringing a QB in...

Even if the plan is to play Zach... we need a better back-up option.

Ralebird and ColoradoContrails like this.
  7. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

Why isn’t Carson Wentz signed yet? He is only 30 and has ties to jd and clearly an upgrade over zach. And in 2021 had a really good year where he threw 27 tdto 7 interceptions. I think that qualifies him as a competent qb. Only people who are still in denial about Zach wouldn’t want him
    Here

Stats last year in 8 games 62.6 Pct completion 1755 yards. 11 tds 9 interceptions. While Zach played more games had less yards 6 touchdowns and a 54.5 percent completion rate and 1683 yards

Ralebird and Nyjets4eva like this.
  8. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

Slim pickings unless the Jets trade for one.

This is a guy I might look to sign (when Zach/Boyle fail) -

Alex MgGough who is on GB's PS. Lead Birmingham to last 2 USFL championships (2022 and 2023), league MVP 2023.

Has energy like Streveler except a legit arm...

Nyjets4eva and ColoradoContrails like this.
  9. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Looks promising. I like this idea better than most of the others being suggested. It's hard to really evaluate him against this level of competition, but he shows a good arm and accuracy (although whether it's "NFL tight window" accuracy can't be judged). This is the kind of signing that makes sense to me, a guy who can come in and be a backup, but might grow into something more.

10. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

you answered your own question

11. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

The best we can hope for is tank the season draft a better rookie QB ..get AR back for one more hurrah
    Zach will get those losses for us unfortunately .I mean where’s the lock teams we definitely beat? I can’t find one atm

12. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

In reality, what QB having seen Rodgers destroyed in 4 plays and Wilson running for his life because of the crappiest OL in the league, would want to play for the Jets?

13. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

If this is true, might as well clean house now because the whole point of mortgaging the future for Rodgers was that the team was a QB away.

14. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

not gonna happen saleh and jd know they won’t survive another rebuild so they are going to bring back a 40
    Year old next year, mortgage the future and bank their jobs on things coming together. It’s all
    About job security now not what’s good for the team, the next gm and coach will be in charge for yet another rebuild and drafting our franchise qb

15. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

Sorry I defend ZW some of the times but Mismanage him? When you have talent you can get through some of the weak spots. There was nothing ZW has shown to be a top QB in the making. We have to accept that fact. I just want him to be manageable, play smart and be efficient enough. Hopefully he can do that and will continue to support the kid. As I stated in several posts, we have to ride with him and he’s gonna have to step up somehow to put us in positions to win some games.

Nyjets4eva and HomeoftheJets like this.
  16. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

top qb? There is nothing Zach has shown to be a average qb. That's all we need until AR comes back, unfortunately he isn't even a backup qb in this league

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  17. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

We played the Bills and Dallas D. Calm down. Literally can be the the top 5 defenses in the league each one.

dawinner127 likes this.
  18. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

#418 jets4848, Sep 19, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2023
    Ralebird likes this.
  19. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

This is not about people - it's about business. If you're running a machine shop and your new lathe breaks down, you don't close down and you don't use the one that could not make your product, you get the best one available right away until the new one is fixed.

In the absence of Douglas and Saleh being available to hear customer commentary, Wilson becomes their surrogate.

#419 Ralebird, Sep 20, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2023
  20. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

What is conspicuous in its absence in this comment is anything at all related to winning football games. "Hello? You play to win the game. You don't play it to just play it." Most of us are not willing to sacrifice a single win to answer a question that should have been put to bed long ago. How many games do you believe should be sacrificed while the quest to validate Wilson continues?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.