Best QBs Available?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by heartpumpsgreen, Sep 11, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The Jets front office is a bunch of fucking lunatics if they don’t sign Wentz or Foles or other tomorrow. It doesn’t matter if Wilson went 19/30 for 280 and 3TDs/1 today.

No smart man in this world doesn’t hedge their bet it their bet is an obvious loser. Please make an intelligent decision for once.

Ralebird, tomdeb, Trainer and 4 others like this.
  2. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

Heres the problem, Jd and Saleh don't want to admit they fucked up on Zack, Did you not hear Saleh say himself that Zach Wilson improved alot from last year? Shows what a great talent evaluator he is. you think they are going to keep their jobs if the Jets only win 6 or 7 games this year? Even Woody doesn't have that patience. They are just stubborn boneheads that think AR or Hackett will fix ZAch and it will be a cinderalla story, but thats why they are boneheads and will be canned after this season.

tomdeb likes this.
  3. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I agree with you 100%. And you and I both know it isn't going to happen.

tomdeb likes this.
  4. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Even if they believe in Zach we have no one that can step in if he gets hurt.

5. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Cmon really no QB could have possibility done better than 3 picks and 6 passing first downs?
    QB is an even bigger issue than the OL, and the OL is a pretty big issue.

6. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

We thought they'd be lunatics if they didn't bring a competent offensive lineman or qb last week and look what happened. Never underestimate Jd's and Saleh's incompetence, they are always 5 weeks late to the party look how long it took em to bench Zach last year.

7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

All of a sudden you want to go with my gameplan? You got the let Zach air it out game-plan man.

Mind you I didn’t have an issue with how he played today. But cmon. You were asking for this shit.

8. semperfigreen

semperfigreen Well-Known Member

The bigger problem is that Woody won't clean house no matter how bad the team is this year if Rodgers gives him his word on coming back next year. He's tied to the hip with Hacket.

James Hasty likes this.
  9. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

They will go down with their highest ever draft pick.

10. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

As I said before, our hope is that Woody is old and when he's gone, his family sells the team.

11. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

They need a 3rd QB no doubt but my question is really Wentz or Foles a good option?

12. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

Yes soon as someone who actually likes winning and doesn't just want to sell psls buys this team is when the Jets will actually be relevant up until than get used to rookie or sub par coaches and keeping incompetent qbs around for way to long because your friends with his family. If Steve Cohen or someone who is a fan 1st owned this team he would have thrown blank checks to relevant people to make this team relevant. The problem has and always will be the Woody's, thats why the Jets have the longest playoff drought in sports, they are the ones making all the stupid hires. The Gm and Coaches just do what they do because they are infact mediocre in the 1st place and have no clue how to build winners, you can bring all the has been journey man you want, until you get competent people to run this team you will never win shit.

James Hasty likes this.
  13. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Yes.

The moment Rodgers got hurt they needed another QB. If the FO thinks Wilson is the guy for some insane reason, they need to sign another QB over their PS guy regardless.

If they don't sign someone this week, it'll be IMO the first truly fireable offense I have seen from JD.

HomeoftheJets and James Hasty like this.
  14. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

But Wentz or Foles won’t be ready for 3-4 weeks if signed. That said would a better choice is to make a trade for another QB who would come in quicker should ZW struggles?

15. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Good point. If I had to choose I would trade. I said last week, after the game in another thread, they they need to trade for a QB and they will probably have to over pay.

I'm just not sure who is really available. If the Jets say they never inquired on trades for a QB that's a major problem, but if there isn't anyone then they need to pivot and sign a FA.

16. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

When did I ever say they should just let Zach air it out? I said that they should stick with a run heavy scheme but let Zach take some deep shots early to keep the D honest and keep them from shutting down the short game. And when did they "air it out" anyway? When it was too late and Dallas knew they had to.

The Jets seem congenitally stupid when it comes to offense, no matter who's running the show.

17. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

No one is going to trade their #2 QB two weeks into the season, and certainly not their starter.

18. HomeoftheJets

You could sign one of them tomorrow, put him in against the Pats, and he could still do better than Zach. Minshew would be a good trade target, but given Richardson's injuries, they aren't going to trade him now.

Ralebird likes this.
  19. HomeoftheJets

The Cardinals might just do that with Murray, but given how bad a fit he would be with Hackett, I'm leaning against it.

20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

They are afraid to hurt any feelings

bringing in a QB will hurt Wilson’s

eddie sec 126 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.