Best QBs Available?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by heartpumpsgreen, Sep 11, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skicats

Skicats Well-Known Member

I agree that there doesn't appear to be any real upgrade that is available. At this point, I would think the goal is to get a fairly competent QB, that would still give a team with a great D, a chance at a playoff berth. Foles or Wentz might be the best options. I am really hoping that Wilson shows enough to be an option for the future. We will see. I am praying that Wilson doesn't get hurt this week.

ouchy likes this.
  2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I agree with bickety. We can find the same player or a better player sitting on his couch without giving up a draft pick.

I have a very good friend that’s a Steelers fan and they’re generally a pretty competent group. They fucking hated Rudolph in Pittsburgh.

Ralebird likes this.
  3. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

if wilson goes down even for a game or 2, rudolph could be the difference in a playoffs or just missing it. thats not worth a 5th to you? late picks aren't that needed right now in our current position

4. GasedAndConfused

pitt fans hate every QB they had except ben. i mean they trashed tommy madox house after a bad game. rudolph is a fuck ton better then boyle and can win us a game or 2 if zach has a short term injury. bolye can't. rudolph is 5-4-1 as a pitt starter with subpar run game and subpar WRs. he didn't make mistakes and can run a drive. he had more TDs then INTs as well and over 60% passing. statistically he's better then zach lol but talent wise he's not. but he is sure as shit a fuck ton better then boyle who has no interest being in an NFL game. What backup are we going to find for free that is as good as rudolph? it isn't wentz or ryan who are the top 2 free agents out there

5. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Wait, now we're looking for a guy to backup Wilson? I thought everyone was talking about a guy to *replace* Wilson.

6. Jonathan_Vilma

Dude you just like make up tough to verify things and say them to support your argument lol.

Steelers fans loved Tommy Maddox and Kordell. They’re psyched about Pickett. They hated signing Trubisky and never understood the move to give Rudolph any run.

Wentz or Foles for free.99 make a lot more sense than the Mason Rudolph experience.

7. GasedAndConfused

there isn't any better options to replace wilson. QBs don't fall off trees. only maybe somewhat possible but unlikely options would be lure brady out of retirement or vikings trade us cousins. outside of those 2 very unlikely possibilities there isn't a better QB then zach avilable so yeah we are looking at competent backups.

8. Jonathan_Vilma

No. The idea is to find someone to replace Wilson after the bye if we’re still alive and Wilson is 9/19 for 134 yards and a pick.

He’s all we got until then.

stinkyB likes this.
  9. GasedAndConfused

It's not made up though https://www.tribdem.com/sports/nati...cle_d590318d-876a-596e-a032-87cae334bab8.html
    it was a huge story, you may be too young to remember it. steelers fans were even laughing about it. 1 joke i remember was "maddox tried to pick up trash and throw it back at us but a racoon intercepted it"
    I have a steelers fan friend who is an idiot and has been calling for them to fire tomlin for years.
    My point is "fan opinions of other teams" really doesn't mean anything

we need a competent backup now, boyle isn't it. rudolph is a competant backup. foles now is awful and so is wentz. neither are worth a damn. hell we called henne before we called foles and wentz.

10. GasedAndConfused

there is nobody. unless the off chance the vikes are willing to move cousins. no team is giving up a starting caliber QB

11. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Steve DeBerg

12. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Get Phillip Rivers to un retire?

13. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

You got to wonder what’s going on behind the scenes. The fact we haven’t heard a thing, not one little rumor means nothing. I got to believe JD has made a lot more than one little old phone call.
    Either they are talking to other teams for interest or a trade could be in the works.
    What’s the best fit for this team. Foles seems more level headed. Wentz could do it but does he want to ? O

14. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

We can all throw out our preferences, but none of us know the parameters that Douglas is working with. We're just going to have sit and watch and see what happens.

15. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

May be a bad scheme fit, but the Cardinals probably want to trade Murray before he comes back and ruins their tank job.

16. Jonathan_Vilma

I don’t think the cap numbers work. He’s obviously a talented guy but I think they have lofty expectations for what they want to get back for him.

17. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The cap numbers could be a problem for sure. But I don't think the Cardinals have that much leverage; they really need to get rid of Murray if they want Caleb Williams.

18. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

Good. Then let’s punish him by forcing him to be here

19. nyjets20

nyjets20 New Member

I believe he has a no trade clause in his contract. I can’t see him agreeing to a trade.

20. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

If he wants to win he sure as hell ain’t doing it in Minnesota. Might as well come here for a few months, collect his paycheck, hopefully walk away at the end of the season with a ring and the knowledge that we won’t be needing his services any further

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.