Bengals fans think the game was thrown.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by scoochydawg, Jan 3, 2010.

1. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Terrible pun.

2. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

I would believe the game throwing if they had pulled all their starters almost from the get go, but that was not the case. If we play this Saturday like we did last night, we win.................we are dominant on both lines of scrimmage and that is huge.

#62 GreenHornet, Jan 4, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2010
  3. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

The game was an excellent example of what happens when you back off a little bit. What's a little bit? You rest a couple of players here and there and before you know it, you're getting your ass kicked badly in all phases.

Now, this morning, Lewis is faced with game-planning against us this Saturday, except where do you start? Were we that good or was his team that bad? He doesn't really know now or doesn't probably even want to think about it. He has to pick up the pieces of a complete, embarrassing ass-whupping in which his team is demoralized and deflated of momentum. Not a good way to start preparing for Saturday.

4. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

It was.

Trust me, next week will be much different.

we SHOULD win...but not like last night.

5. jacktucky

jacktucky Member

That's what convinced me the Gals weren't throwing the game.

6. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

you loved it.

7. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

the bengals probably didn't bring it as hard as they could have but i doubt the plan was to throw for zero yards and get ran on at will all game.

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The funniest part about that is the dopey OP thinks they weren't stacking the LOS for the majority of the first half. They stopped that when they went vanilla with a bunch of sorry depth players in the second half because those players don't practice the entire playbook - and that only happened when it was apparent that they could not compete last night. What game was he watching?

The people that are quickest to question the intelligence of an entire forum are usually the ones lacking the most.

9. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

No doubt we didn't get the Bengals A game and they pretty much quit when things went our way early.

However the way we beat the crap out of them man to man on both LOS has to go beyond that. When competitive guys go man to man against each other on the LOS and one side is pushing the other side around like that you would think a certain amount of personal pride enters the equation. If it did, the Bengals are in trouble.

10. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

what confuses me is the Bengals not only played, but SWEPT their division, which includes the Ravens and Steelers, Ds much like our own. I just don't understand how they didn't have an answer for our overloading.

11. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Based on Green Bay destroying AZ yesterday 33 to 7 do you think AZ is going to get killed next week in the playoffs against Green Bay?

Maybe they didn't want to show it?

12. nyJETS0511

nyJETS0511 Banned

Deon sanders GUARANTEED that Bengals wont lose to the JETS in Cincy!!..WTF no way he even watched the game......my question is HOW?? they had 8 in the box the whole game
    When you dominate like that on the line...i dont care if the game is in Alaska.....it is indefensible.....Bengals better grease their asses up again on saturday for 60 rush atts

13. ........

........ Trolls

It was thrown on purpose?

Any reason to throw the game went out the window as soon as Houston beat New England. Make no mistake, they wanted to win last night. There's a huge difference between pulling a couple of starters to rest up and throwing a game.

14. ........

........ Trolls

And they'll likely do a better job of stopping the run next week. I was expecting a 24 - 14 kind of game if they played their starters this week, and I'm expecting that kind of game (or closer) on Saturday. They won't be nearly as bad, regardless of the fact that they came out trying to win. That's the nature of the NFL.

15. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

This is the answer. As is often the case, it was not an either/or between playing all out and throwing the game. They sat Benson. Some guys on D were banged up, some didn't play. Some guys who started got hurt. Chad O may have legitimately been hurt. Some receivers had Carson lay it in their guts and they couldn't hold on - that was intentional? I doubt it.

Most likely they sat a couple of people, went in saying let's try and win it to get the third seed, you play to win the game...

And then they ran into a hyped up Jets team that didn't make hardly any mistakes. The big plays early put a strain on their running game, forcing more passing, and they had no answer for Revis.

That could all change by the next game. But on the narrow question did they throw the game? No. But did they play all out? No to that, too. It was somewhere in the middle.

16. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Pretty much. resting Cedric Benson and Larry Johnson only gets 9 carries ?

Don't get me wrong...our D is great, but they were not playing to be competitive last night.

They looked exactly like the Giants have looked for the last two weeks.