Bengals fans think the game was thrown.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by scoochydawg, Jan 3, 2010.

1. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

If you were a gals fan right now, you would be looking for any excuse you could come up with to explain that humilating stompdown that your team just took. "we weren't trying" is about as lame as it gets, but thats simply an indication of how completely dominated the gals were in all facets of the game. An excellent way to close out Jets Stadium.

2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Somebody should have let their coach in on the Bengals "game plan"...'cause Marv Lewis looked really pissed off on the sideline.

3. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

did you see his mannerisms in the post game interview?? he looked like he just saw a train wreck and and was giving a police report

4. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

No. But I could see it in his face how much he wanted this game. Close to how Peyton looked last week.

5. jgangstahippie7:18

They didn't throw the game, they dropped the game ;)
    Ochocinco more like-Ceroreceptions

6. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

All 3 rematch wildcard games were blowouts in wk 17, I really can't see how the losing team in each of them recovers from that kind of beatdown in 6-7 days.

I'm not sure each of them will be blowouts again but I do think each of the winning teams wins again next week.

7. Serphnx

Serphnx New Member

The only one that could be different is the Cardinals game, because they didn't even bother using Warner. Everyone else tried and just failed miserably, in games that weren't even the slightest bit competitive. Sure they took out starters eventually in some cases, but that's no excuse for the absolute nothing from the Eagles and Bengals (both of whom played starters at least a half and failed to score a point all game).

I just can't see the Eagles or Bengals winning though...especially the Bengals. That's about as badly as you can get beaten up. If that was a championship prize fight it would have been called by referee stoppage sometime in the second quarter.

8. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Regardless, it's hard to believe that 3 of the 4 games next week are rematches of week 17 games. The odds of that must be very low

9. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Bengals: "we didn't want that win anyway"

10. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

the chin...

11. gulbane

gulbane Member

Yea, the proof in the puddin' is that our OL ran over their DO. The hole that were created were enough to roll an 18-wheeler through.

I agree they may have not 'cared' much about performing amazingly, but the Bengals were physically dominated at the line of scrimmage. That should cause them to be very cautious next week.

Like you guys said, it will be a much closer game, but I think the Jets will still win.

12. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

However the Bengals play next week I would still rather play them than play the Ravens so I am (now) quite glad we didn't win the division!

13. the99

the99 New Member

god they're so blind, talking about how their running fame an d will win this for them. Newsflash, jets are better at both and we shut down their passing game. I'd be worried if I was a Bengal fan. (Im looking at the thread in trash talking)

14. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

That really is hard to believe, even more hard to believe is how close we were to all 4 games being rematches from WK 17. If Baltimore would have lost Houston would have played NE again next week.

15. plinko

plinko Absolute Ruler

When the Patriots lost to the Texans the the Bengal had a chance to not play the Jets next week. They lost that opportunity. It is entirely possible that Marvin Lewis scripted the game to lull the Jets into a comfort zone only to unleash something the Jets haven't seen all season next week. I just don't see it. Too many scenarios had to exist for him plan this. You don't prepare a week in advance and plan for scenario 123432454534.

They tried in the first half and failed. Now they have 5 days to prepare for the rematch.

16. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Yup..........................

17. DaftGreen

DaftGreen Member

Even if they did throw the game I'm sure at least one player would have leaked it by now.

18. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

We'll be facing a tougher team on Saturday, in their own house. But we can still beat them if we don't beat ourselves. We can't revert back to the INTs and turnovers or we lose.

19. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

I think they are going to throw the game this Saturday, too!!!

20. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

There is just no way there plan was to get there ass kicked and if it was they should fire marvin lewis today. Yes they didnt game plan like they will next week but we owned them