Bench the Beard

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by playtowinthegame, Oct 2, 2016.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Yeah Geno might throw 9 INTs in 2 weeks or something.......

2. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

Geno never played as bad as Fitz is playing now.

That white privilege is something else.

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Fitz played like shit against the Chiefs. That was before all the INT's at the end. Bad games happen but the hysteria over the 6 INT's is so over the top it's sad, even for this place. Most of those INT's were prayers in a lost cause.

He was OK yesterday. A combo of drops in key situations and tipped balls hurt the offense more than Fitz.

Let's go with Geno and watch the 12 sacks per game and completely incompetent offense. I can't wait. I really can't.

4. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Oh, and before I forget, Geno had a perfect QB rating against the Dolphins once.

5. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

After admitting he didn't do much in the off season, we paid a career journeyman qb 12 million because of a good season, despite his well known history. He looks like utter garbage on the field. He sat on his ass all offseason, did not work out with any of the wide receivers, and as such, the offense looks completely out of sync. He is not leading his receivers, throwing incredibly inaccurately, and will most likely get destroyed against Pitt this week. If he was remotely accurate, and didn't have a noodle arm, perhaps the Jets may have won another game or 2. I anticipate another 2-3 interceptions against the Steelers, and Geno will be starting after this week IMO.

6. WhySoSerious488

WhySoSerious488 Well-Known Member

Fitz has 10 interceptions in 4 games his season (a remarkable 13 in his last 5 if you go back to Bills game). Dak Prescott has ZERO interceptions in 4 games. We drafted Hackenberg two rounds before Prescott. Just some good for thought on McCagnan this Monday morning. Textbook mismanagement of the QB position, we have seen this my entire lifetime.

7. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Yeah but it doesn't help when you follow it up with another game for 3 ints. We can all shrug off one game. But don't think that if Fitz keeps throwing multiple interception games that people aren't going to add his 6 picks against KC. QB's are credited with touchdowns for the year even when its garbage time so why they immune from the blame on interceptions?

Geno007 and grkmanga31 like this.
  8. NotSatoshiNakamoto

start geno

9. BrowningNagle

I didn't think he was okay yesterday myself. I'm not afraid of pulling a QB that is really, really struggling because his backup QB had some bad games 2 years ago. That leash needs to be short Sunday in Pittsburgh.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  10. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Fitz's underthrown deep balls are arguably hurting the team more than the turnovers. There were at least 2 (maybe 3) I saw yesterday that should've been long touchdowns, 1 to Marshall and Anderson each. There were also multiple against the Chiefs. You can't leave 70 yard touchdowns on the field, especially when your opponents aren't.

grkmanga31 likes this.
  11. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Couldn't disagree more. We've already got two young QBs with very high ceilings on the roster. Stop the QB roulette and try to work it out from within.

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk

101GangGreen101 and zace like this.
  12. BrowningNagle

they are running passed the DBs and then having to stop and wait for the football

matt robinson 17, zace and NY Jets68 like this.
  13. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

It'd be one thing if Fitz was a Favre-style gunslinger who was throwing picks and making big plays but he's turning the ball over at an alarming rate and dinking and dunking otherwise....

Our offense can not make a big play mostly because of Fitz's arm limitations and when you have a INT-happy QB, it's hard to sustain long drives without him doing something dumb multiple times a game...Its hard to win in today's NFL with no big plays and not much precision from your QB. It's just a bad recipe for success

Geno will most definitely make some dumb plays but he can also strike quick

Big Cat likes this.
  14. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Last year Fitz broke the Jets TD record and this year he is on pace to obliterate the INT record (which is 30).

15. LWC611

LWC611 Member

Nine interceptions in two games should earn a QB some time on the bench.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

matt robinson 17 and NCJetsfan like this.
  16. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

With an average QB, Marshall could've had a HUGE day against Sherman. Geno could've gotten them the football. Him and Anderson. I would taken some dumb mistakes from Geno if it meant getting 2 or 3 touchdowns on the board. Overall in the past 2 games, who know what could've happened.

Big Cat likes this.
  17. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Obliterate is an understatement. If that happens Bowles is gone. Theres no way you can allow him to break that record and keep a job. Its not like hes a young qb. He looks how manning looked last year.....bad. But its not just bad, he just doesnt look good at all even when things are working.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

18. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Im sure it's already been said, but if/when the Steelers blow us out, it's time to move on from Fitz. Knowing the Jets, though, they'll out a complete game together just to prolong the inevitable.

19. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

it makes no sense ... marshall had a step (again) and no safety helping and fitz throws it back shoulder

dude is terrible

20. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

If the Jets continue playing sloppy, haphazard football, beating themselves and only win 5-6 games this season (or less), there would be nothing rash about firing Bowles. I guess you thought it was too soon to fire Herm and Idzik too.

What great attributes are you seeing in Bowles or in the team's play that makes you think he would deserve another season after horribly regressing this season and showing no signs of: being able to prepare the team; holding them accountable and creating a change in how they play; having no answers/no adjustments to what other teams are doing during games; being a former pro D, a DC, and yet the defense playing horribly; and and still not being able to manage the clock?

#180 NCJetsfan, Oct 3, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
    grkmanga31 likes this.