Bench the Beard

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by playtowinthegame, Oct 2, 2016.

1. jetfannerd

jetfannerd Trolls

I personally would like to see Geno start @ Arizona

Team is 1-4 start Geno
    Team is 1-7/2-6 start Petty

This team is not going anywhere this year

2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Chill. It's a funny avatar. If Fitz gets benched, I move on to Mace Bowles or Bryce Pettywalker.

JetLifeLo likes this.
  3. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Fitz wont recover from that 6 int game and will continue trending downwards.He needs to be benched.

4. LongIslandBlitz

And to think this peice of shit held out for big time money....What a fraud and a criminal.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  5. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Lock him up!

Cman68 and JetLifeLo like this.
  6. IsmokePot

IsmokePot Active Member

Pal did I say stick with Fitz all season? At some point when/if all is lost the vets will understand. If we lose 2-3 more in a row the players will lose faith in Fitz. 4 games in you just don't make that move if you do and it fails you lose the whole team and mentally rock some of the young talent. Bowles pulls Fitz now and we don't do shit with geno and/ or petty then Bowles is basically asking to be fired, he definitely won't do this.

FlaJet, Andy_M and JetLifeLo like this.
  7. LongIslandBlitz

Winning cures everything and this team needs to look like they did in week 1 and 2.We need a win in the worst way before its to late.

8. No you didn't...my anger isn't really directed at you..I understand the sound reasoning behind sticking w. Fitz right now...it just isn't good mojo to make a change at this very moment.

I'm really angry at the names I listed in my prior post...All of those players are respected veterans...for the life of me I can't wrap my head around why they were so adamant about bringing Fitz back. It's not even just the arm strength issue;He is careless w. the ball at critical junctures.Do they really hate Geno THAT much? Why sit out practices & stick your neck out for the nonsense we are witnessing behind center?Are they really that good of buddies?

9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

It was a gloriously beautiful day today. What's wrong with Geno not appreciating it? He's more than just a football player. He may have had a great day where every thing went his way, or maybe he's in love, or maybe behind closed doors Bowles told Fitz in front of Geno that one more game like that and his ass is gonna find the bench and Geno will be starting.

JetLifeLo likes this.
  10. NCJetsfan

LOVE IT!!! Good for Schein. SUCK it FITZ, you damn loser!

#250 NCJetsfan, Oct 3, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
    matt robinson 17 and JetLifeLo like this.
  11. NCJetsfan

It's that kind of stupid, narrow, hideabound thinking that cause teams to waste seasons and HCs to lose their jobs.

Sure, they should start Fitz this week, but if he starts the same as last week underthrowing receivers, staring down receivers, and throwing into double and triple coverage regardless of whether he has thrown a pick yet or not, his ass should get unceremoniously jerked off the field and told to take a seat at the end of the bench, and Geno inserted. If I'm Bowles, I send a message to Fitz and the team, by having Geno take 50% of the snaps this week.

#251 NCJetsfan, Oct 3, 2016
    Jets69 likes this.
  12. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

In a nut shell here is our Problem
    1- We don't have a winning QB that can extend the field. He is now one of the primary reasons why we are loosing
    2- We can't seem to come up with a good game plan, and we never adjust when things go south
    3- Our secondary has been dreadful, no pathetic
    4- Our CS doesn't seem to know what has to be fixed, and if they knew, they still won't do what really needs to be done
    5- We are in for a long, sad season

#252 LAJet, Oct 3, 2016
    FlaJet, Andy_M and matt robinson 17 like this.
  13. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

imagine how Fitz would of played in the piss poor offenses Geno played in ! lolll! with Rex & Marty... boy oh boy.

gotta give Geno (or/and Bryce) a shot to earn his money man.. don't throw him out there when this team has got zero confidence and nothing left to give .. Still a good team.. plenty of talent.. just needs a serious spark ... Make the switch Todd.

Cman68 likes this.
  14. LarryAlRalph

LarryAlRalph Well-Known Member

Where are you getting that "2" from?

phubbadaman, King Koopa and JetLifeLo like this.
  15. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Really? Marty Morningwood had previously coordinated multiple top 10 offenses in the league. I'm sure that was the issue when we had Geno throwing to David Nelson and J Cumberland.

Jets69 likes this.
  16. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

The likely scenario here is Fitz gets benched when we are 1-5 or 1-6. At that point Genoa takes over with a very easy schedule. What scares me about this scenario is he might play well enough to rack up a lot of wins. Which may not only keep us from drafting a QB next year but end up in us falling under the fallacy again that wins against bad teams means we have a good QB who needs to be resigned. Which has the potential to set us back a few years.

This team is a lot like the 2014 team coming off a surprising year and playing a brutal early season schedule. Like in 2014 we are a better team at the start of the year but a brutal schedule can make a good team bad quite quickly.

17. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

lol! Well...we were a bottom 3 offense in his seasons here... so maybe he reaped the benefits of his offenses? Wasn't he also an OC for HC's that run their own offenses pretty much?

18. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

6 We don't have a receiving threat at TE

19. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

You mean like 2016?

RexontheBeach likes this.
  20. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

Agree, but no way in hell I see that happening this week....AZ - Maybe - if we get our shit together by then, but this week, in Pitt, the way we are playing, one word...U-G-L-Y