Bad Signs For Next Year

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by rckymthigh2000, Mar 24, 2006.

1. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Exactly.

And to top it all off...the Jets went after a 33 year old tackle...I dont get some of these threads...maybe its me.

Maybe we should all agree that EM and MT have a 5-6 year gameplan and be done with it.

2. Amaru

Amaru Well-Known Member

Welcome to the boards, rckymthigh2000. Although I do not share your frustration, I understand it. It seems like the posters here basically fall into two categories. Those who have confidence that our new F.O. is smart and hard working, and knows exactly what they're doing, and those who feel that they are inexperienced and in over their heads, screwing up every move. Which group is right, only time will tell.

However, now that you've got your rambling vent out of the way, I have a few words of advice. In the future, it would perhaps be a good idea to not make a thread on a whim just to vent, and when you do post, don't rush it and think it out. Otherwise, they'll eat you up on here. I realize that I'm pretty new myself and it's not really my place to tell you how you should conduct yourself on here, but I do have your best interests in mind.

3. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

Free agency is such a crapshoot, and early free agency is all about overpaying for talent. I am happy they have stood pat (pun intended).
    I am tired of seeing the jets overpay. and you don't need a super expensive LT on the OL to be successful either. Just look around. The real difference makers are DEs like Mario Williams, guys that mess with the other team's game plan. And besides, the jets don't have to spend ALL of this money this year. It isn't a knee jerk thing like it seems to be with some organizations. Like the washington redskins, for example, who should be in cap hell by now, but somehow aren't. Maybe somebody can get an investigation going on that.

4. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

The obsession over the big name free agents needs to stop. We are not in a position to sign name players. The team needs too much help. What's Drew Brees going to do for us, when we have no line, shaky RBs and a lack of talent at the WR position? Not much more than Ramsey would. You can't just look at the player, you have to look at what's around him as well and see if he fits. And right now, there is nothing on offense to work with, that would warrant bringing in a big name, expensive QB.

5. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

The problem is there are so few of us on this board that go back to 01/12/69. I would guess if you averaged all the members age 30 or lower would be the # & they could care less of the years before they became fans since it did not affect them. However, OTH most do not realize they have now been fans for 15/20 years & have never/ever seen there team win a SB

6. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Haha that was my point. I'm glad they didn't get Funyon. He's too old for a lucrative contract.

7. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

The biggest factor in how the Jets do next year is not the players they sign but the man on the sidelines. And we need to wait until opening day to see how that one goes.