As a Jets Fan, Where do you want Mark Sanchez in 2013?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Dec 19, 2012.

?

Where Do You Want Mark Sanchez?

1. Starting Quarterback of the New York Jets

13.1%
  2. On the bench, in a back-up role.

40.8%
  3. OFF the roster. (Take the Cap Hit)

46.0%
  1. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

Bring back Drew Stanton for open competition. Its unlikely Sanchez beats him or anyone decent out.

2. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

If he improved then yeah as a starter, but it us doubtful that he will ever improve as a jet. He can't handle the pressureit takes to be a New York QB. I think he would be best off with a team like the jags or cards.

3. lakersmetsjets49ers

The thing is, I could see him showing inprovement and looking good in practice and in the preseason only to fall apart completely once the regular season starts or he gets rattled.

Salary cap wise it doesn't make sense to cut him, the ideal situation would be to bring in Alex smith or Flynn and have the starting job be theirs to lose

4. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

At this point, he just can't be on this team. He's finished here and he would be an enormous distraction for this team. The media would continue to feed off of the negativity that surrounds Sanchez. It's just not worth it. Get rid of him, either trade him or take the cap hit. Tannenbaum must go.

5. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Hes going to another team where maybe one will build around him.

6. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

I think it depends on who they bring in to be the OC and QB coach. The guy showed enough last season with his 32 TDs, solid red zone play, increased yards, and compl %. He really need to control the turnovers, but I thought he was ready to take the next step. The Sparano hire, the Tebow trade, the media storm around that, the injuries, the lack of skill at the WR spot, the Keller injury, and the adamant focus on ground and pound when they don't have a back that can really do that contributed to a lousy all around offensive season.

Let Sanchez come in to the 2013 season and tell him he has to compete for the starting job and if he doesn't get that the backup job could be his. Alex Smith went from 1st round bust to a pretty good QB last season and is a top QB this year until a concussion took him out. Sometimes it is just a matter of getting the right system and personnel around a player. Matt Cassel - amazing in NE - not so much in KC.

Guy has won on the road in the plyoffs - in Indy, SD, Cinci, and NE - not push over places and in NE he outplayed Brady. He has game winning drives, big plays, and was always able to run a strong no huddle. The guy deserves a chance to make up for the disaster this team caused around him this year.

7. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Mark is now the equivalent of Richard Todd. I'm sorry if the young guys can't understand that. Regardless, he is at the point now where Jets fans at home games (and in general) will NEVER accept him again as the starter, under any circumstances. Regardless of lack of talent, and/or coaching decisions, the fans will always blame him for any Jets inadequacies.

Due to cap issues, I expect him to be back, but as per the thread, I wish he was anywhere but here. He simply will not be able to succeed here any longer.

8. 85inthehall

The cap hit also comes with having to sign another QB or two...if you are going to pay him anyway he, at worst, is a backup QB.

9. 85inthehall

Said the same thing about Alex Smith -- yet he stuck around, kept fighting, kept improving, and eventually after SF went through numerous head coaches and a new OC every season they got the right mix this season. If he didn't get knocked out with a concussion he would still be the starter. 20-6-1 in in his last 27 games...amf the 1 he was knocked out of.

Tim Tebow was a distraction....if Sanchez shows up next year and plays lights out ball in camp and pre season and opens up the season with a big game -- fans will forgive and forget pretty quickly.

10. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

Playing against Tebow for the Grey Cup.

11. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

He's had chance after chance after chance this season to make things right. In all retrospect, Sanchez should have been benched after either the 49ers or Houston game. Rex gives him one more chance to redeem himself and how does he do it? By fumbling a snap from a gift punt to end the game and our playoff hopes.

He doesn't deserve a chance after that. Whatever he did two years ago is forgotten by most people. Especially when you add butt fumble in popular vernacular now...

He is and should be done here. I can't imagine too many people in our organization want him back.

12. NYJetsMetsCTHuskies

NYJetsMetsCTHuskies Active Member

A open competition involving Sanchez has a feeling of another disappointing season. No way Sanchez is back next year. Doesn't matter how much you're getting paid Woody will accept the lost if it effects tickets/PSL sales.

No way Sanchez will ever be allowed on the field again with the Jets.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

13. 85inthehall

No QB could make anything work with the offensive weapons on the field week to week. Sanchez was bad, but the receivers left him hung out to dry many times by running wrong routes, not being on the same page, dropping passes.

Sanchez gets all the blame but there were so many issues with this offense it's crazy. I mean what the hell did Tebow have on that wrist band? He ran 3 plays...Sparano was just a horrible horrible hire.

14. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

i voted for him to be off the team, but i understand that his contract makes it hard to do so. basically the next best option is for him to be the 3rd string qb.

15. ArmandJ

Doesn't happen nearly as often as him overthrowing receivers and underthrowing them. I can't remember the last time he simply caught a guy in stride and the guy went for another 5 to 10 yards.

It's hard to get a rhythm going when you're making circus catches just to keep the ball from getting intercepted. The excuses with this guy needs to stop. I don't understand where they're coming from.

16. mute

mute Well-Known Member

the point is that overall the offense has sucked but all eyes are on Sanchez and it shouldn't be. It's not that hard to understand. I dont have the patience right now to go over everything but since week 2, on almost every drive, receivers would run the worst routes. Even in Monday's game, many weeks into the season you seen that sh!t. Also, NO separation as pointed out AGAIN in MNF. Even will all the over throws, the troubles that Mark had, when he did get something going, he would be replaced with Tebow to then F'up on his next throw. Stupid , stupid, stupid JETS 2012 team.

17. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

lol Who are the 4 people that voted for him to come back as the starter lmao there are still Sanchez supporters out there??

18. ArmandJ

nyjunc, jets4lyah, mute, and maybe barcs...?

19. ArmandJ

When will you stop making excuses for him?

20. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

i'd like to know who the 5 who want him as starting qb are