Around the league- Week 8

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Brook!, Oct 29, 2015.

1. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Well, sure, it doesn't matter when assessing a particular play in a particular game. But, Geno makes a lot more mistakes than elite QBs, so his mistakes have added up to a lot more heartache than say Andrew Luck's mistakes have, thus far.

2. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I'm not looking at past history to judge a QB in that specific game. If the ball is moving and a few scores were put on the board but a few mistakes were made I'm not going to go crazy about it. If the ball isn't moving and there are mistakes left and right then I kill him over it.

3. slimjasi

In a perfect world, sure. But, what happens with Geno is that everyone is on the edge of their seats just waiting for him to fuck up. So, when he does, he gets flamed and bombarded with criticism. He has used up all of his good faith, so to speak. In essence, people have no more tolerance for his mistakes. This is only natural.

I still think you are missing the big picture with Geno. Geno has about 30 career starts under his belt. He hasn't shown the vast majority of objective observers anything to make them think he is going to be any good. As a result, people: A) Don't want to see him play and B) have zero tolerance for his fuck-ups when he does. It's up to Geno to turn the perception of himself around. Right now, people think he sucks and will probably always suck. That's going to lead to him getting criticized more heavily in games then Andrew Luck or Cam Newton or any other vastly more proven NFL quarterback.

4. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I know how the fanbase feels about him, but that isn't necessarily fair but it is what it is.

5. slimjasi

The fanbase is definitely reactionary towards Geno, but when you are as bad of a decision maker as he has been, I certainly don't think it's entirely unfair. As Cimini just pointed out, Geno Smith has been sacked more in 3 and a half quarters than Ryan Fitzpatrick was in the first 5 games. There's a reason Geno frustrates so many people on such a consistent basis . . .

6. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Damn you Coby Fleener.

7. WhySoSerious488

WhySoSerious488 Well-Known Member

The Ken Whisenhunt firing has to be the most nondescript meaningless midseason firing of an NFL coach I have ever seen. Like literally no one cared. Just be thankful we aren't the Titans. They can't even generate headlines by firing their coach midseason, they have reached a status of irrelevance that is hard for an NFL franchise to do (although the Jags have toed that line as well recently).

FJF likes this.
  8. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

I personally was not aware that Whiz was their HC until the Buffalo game.

9. joe

joe Well-Known Member

effin' A...... that preening cunt.

abyzmul likes this.