Are You SURE You REALLY Want Sanchez Off The Jets ??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Is there some Mendoza line between Alex Smith's 56.3 CMP% through his first 4 seasons and Sanchez's 55.1 that defines the poor accuracy point of no return? Is it 56 which means Sanchez missed it by 0.9% and Smith made it by 0.3%?

2. NotSatoshiNakamoto

completion percentage, while related, isn't the same thing as accuracy.

3. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Brad,

You might have also mentioned in 12 that Arizona game. If Sanchez had not been benched and McElroy had not scored the TD that led to the win, that also would have been a loss on MS. He was awful in that game. Even Rex thought there was no reason to think MS would turn it around.

4. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Lol

No worries. Half of my posts on here are out of frustration, alcohol induced, or just completely retarded. Just part of being a Jet fan :) LOL

5. Big Blocker

To me a fan who not only accepts but roots for mediocre performance by any player on the team is not a real fan. But call me crazy.

Crazy me thinks a fan like that is a fan of the bad player, and not of the team.

6. legler82

LOL...So you are more of a Jets fan than some other posters because you are rooting for him to get cut while they would like to see him turn it around in a Jets uniform?

7. Big Blocker

Heh. Yea we Jet fans no doubt all have our crosses to bear, in one fashion or another.

No worries here, either.

8. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

2009:

definitely primarily responsible for No and Buf.

jax? led late TD drive to take lead, our "#1" D then blew the lead.

at NE was a team loss, he wasn't good but the D was awful too.

3 picks vs. Atl but again our "#1" D blew a late lead. It was a very windy and cold day, a low scoring affair and when it was winning time our "#1" D didn't show up.

2010:
    vs. Bal: team loss, D allowed Bal to control clock for 40 mins, allowed a ridiculous amount of 3rd and longs. O stunk too, team loss.

GB- another weather game where neither O could do anything. neither of his 2 picks were actual picks, they were terrible calls but O didn't get the job done. give him the blame.

at NE- the D allowed 45 pts, this was a team loss. O stunk, D stunk, STs stunk.

he struggled vs. Miami but Holmes dropped a wide open would be TD in a 4 pt loss.

let's look at games other units blew those first 2 years:

2011:

Jets have late lead, D allows a QB that can't throw to go 95 yds for the GW TD in the final minute.

NYG: lead 7-3 late first half, 3rd and 9 from NYG 1. allow NINETY NINE yd TD pass to change the game and seasons for both teams.

at Mia: Jets lead 10-6, D allows 21 play 12 1/2 minute TD drive to change game.

Let's look at the losses each year and assign primary blame:

2009:
    @NO- mark
    @Mia- D
    Buf- Mark
    Mia- STs
    Jax- D
    NE- team
    Atl- D
    Ind title game- D

2010:
    Bal- team
    GB- O
    @NE- team
    Mia- O
    @Chi- D
    Pitt title game- D

2011:
    @Oak- D
    @ Bal- Mark
    @ NE- D
    NE- D
    @Den- D
    @Phi-D
    NYG- team
    @Mia- team

2012:
    @Pitt- team
    SF- team
    Hou- team
    @NE- D
    Mia- team
    @Sea- Mark
    NE- team
    @ Ten- Mark
    SD- team
    @Buf-team

very few games that we lost primarily b/c of Mark.

he had ONE bad year and that was 2012 w/ the worst healthy skill players in the league, a situation no QB could have won w/. Look across town at Eli, a vet QB w/ top 10 weapons to throw to and he was WORSE than Mark 2012.

9. legler82

So to summarize Idzik should ignore the best option available to earn fan credibility? Wow!

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I was confining the argument to games the Jets actually lost. Yeah, throwing 3 picks in a 6-0 game should count as a loss. But the third-stringer the Jets brought in when they gave Sanchez the hook was able to do the one thing Sanchez could not at that point in the season: direct the Jets to a meaningful score and win a game in the process.

11. nyjunc

in a game that mattered? interesting. no one gives a s*** what you think period.

you are a terrible fan, just a whiner probably b/c you are upset at things in your life. I feel for you.

yep, did you see the way Greg handed the ball off? where would we have been w/o him?

yep, mediocrity. Having the most playoff wins in franchise history(by the double the amount) is mediocrity:rofl2:

we truly have the worst fanbase in all of sports

12. Br4d

First of all, Sanchez is not clearly the best option available. Not by a long shot. He's just one of the options.

Secondly, yeah, some times you have worn your welcome out and it's time to move on. There's no rational reason to expect Mark Sanchez to be a good QB next season. Given that reality it makes much more sense to look elsewhere.

This goes under the heading of "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice..."

13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

No, when someone says something like "don't worry, GMs around the league are aware of what Sanchez has done and he will be playing next season, no doubt." it sounds to me like they're rooting for Sanchez more than the Jets. Not only that but to spite the Jets.

So yea, I think I'm more of a fan than the Sanchez fan that wants him to spite the Jets.

14. nyjunc

If his shoulder checks out he is clearly the best option. He didn't play but he has a year in the system w/ marty, we know he can handle the big stage, he's be motivated to prove 2012 was not him, the team should be much better around the QB next year.

15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Read that article. I wish that "coach" in question would've put his name on that juicy quote... Idzik could've found his trading partner.

16. FlashGordon

FlashGordon Active Member

But at that point, if he's failing and the boos start coming, he just gets benched for Matt Simms (in this scenario, I'm assuming Geno is the starter and is injured). Mark Sanchez in 2014 doesn't get the same leash that he did in 2009 or 2012.

The only obstacle should be price. If some desperate team wants to give him starter money, good luck to them. Matt Cassell and Chad Henne both made around 4.5 million in 2013. Ryan Fitzpatrick and Matt Moore made around 2.5. Tarvaris Jackson and Colt McCoy made under a million.

How much do want to spend on a backup next year and what's your price point for Mark Sanchez? I would take Sanchez back at the 2.5 million range. But I just can't see him renegotiating his 36 million plus remaining into a 1 year 2.5 deal.

17. Br4d

Again, I don't know what you have been watching since 2010 but I've been watching Sanchez slip on every banana peel he can on the big stage.

It's time to let go. You're very invested in Sanchez being much better than he has ever proven to be. It's an illogical position to take and one that I suspect is going to evaporate once Sanchez leaves town.

It'd make sense to begin to recognize that your view of the world as it relates to Sanchez is somewhat warped and that very few people see what you see.

I can point to a bunch of games the Jets would have won with an average QB. Your position that Sanchez is an average QB makes no sense in that light.

18. legler82

While I agree, it's the only metric we have to compare. Did any of you guys actually see Alex Smith play early on in his career? Some of you guys act like Smith was always a good player. From years 1 - 4, he and Sanchez are pretty much the same player with Smith being te more athletic QB and Sanchez more of the gun slinger.

#1418 legler82, Jan 22, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
  19. legler82

This and this only.

20. NotSatoshiNakamoto

My life is just dandy thanks for asking.

Only terrible fans root for the Jets to have better players. The best fans go around bashing others and get personal about their life for not wanting to keep crap players on the roster.

You are my hero junc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.