Are You SURE You REALLY Want Sanchez Off The Jets ??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

well thats like, your opinion man.

and guess what i still got them and enjoyed them. so go put that in your pipe and smoke it.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I don't smoke.

3. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

That's totally fair, totally your perogative--we all are entitled to our opinions--I get that guys can no longer stand him and want him gone.

Having said that, any views you have on the guy that you may have said are objective/realistic/etc. are completely slanted by this nugget. And explains the vitriol.

_

4. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

if thats how you want to take it. so my stance that i cant stand the guy makes what has occurred that i have pointed out not count? thats a bit silly. i am done stating why he isnt any good, i did that about a hundred times over the past 5 years. and did it for pages and pages in a previous thread of absurdity.

now i dont bother too much with the sancho stuff, other than waiting for the day that he is let go and actually goes somewhere else. i am however very very afraid that we may do something silly like some of the posters have said here and release him, have him count against the cap for whatever his number is and then resign him to a cheaper deal.

i am ready to move on, i am ready to not talk about sancho anymore and i am completely comfortable in my position on him and the fact that i can watch a guy i dont like and see both positive and negative.

5. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Feel the same exact way. I understand why fans would be frustrated, annoyed, and tired of Sanchez. But I'm not going to throw a party or celebrate when Sanchez leaves. I don't get that either, but maybe we're just nice people :grin:

6. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Half of me as well; who knows how Geno's gonna end up? But I can't see him taking a 'mark-down' in salary if he knows he can hook on elsewhere.

7. JStokes

I apologize but I think you missed my point.

Looking back through the lens of 2012 and the end of 2011, I have no issue with guys thinking on balance he's sucked. None whatsover. We can quibble about 2009 and 2010 and talk about stacked teams with elite Ds and offensive lines--but based on his last 19-20 games--anything that happened in 2009 and 2010 is pretty much overshadowed.

But you said you never liked him from day 1. You didn't form that opinion over time.

Had Sanchez gotten hit by a bus literally the day after the 2010 Championship game and died, the team would have retired his number and hung it from the rafters. If Jet fans weren't even mildly excited about Sanchez and that team going into that 2012 offseason, then such fans were and always will be simply "haters" (for want of a better term) that would not have viewed anything he did in a positive light. If he had a good year in 2011, those types of fans would still have hated the guy.

Which is fine--but not liking a guy from Day 1 then having him end up like he did didn't make you "right", it just means you guessed right.

Again, no need to go over your reasons for wanting the guy gone now--it's all been said and quite frankly probably all water under the bridge.

_

8. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I didn't hate Sanchez from the get go, and don't really "hate" him. Disappointed for sure. And I have been unhappy he has been kept around too long, sucking up cap space, distracting the team from efforts to really do something to improve the Qb position.

But I can say as far back as his first year the deal to trade up to pick him was concerning, and I think made it more critical that he live up to that draft pick status. And he really never did. So there's that.

All Jet fans, after he got here, were rooting each week for him to get better. But I notice some here and elsewhere felt that the investment the team had in him led such fans to overestimate his achievements, and more importantly to predict future improvements which, to a great extent, never occurred.

Worst of all when it came to fan discussions was and for some remains the way everybody else on the team was thrown under the bus in the excusemaking process. From the OL to the receivers to the running backs, to the coaching staff, all the way down to the team bus driver and the ballboys. Or so it often seemed. Yes, that was and remains very annoying.

So there's the poor return on investment and related cap issues. There's the lack of progress on improving the position. There's the annoying excuse making, which at least also has a silver lining of being so ridiculous as to be amusing, at times anyway.

I will be thrilled when he is cut and all that is behind us. If some want to intrepret that as hatred, so be it. That's just not what I would call it.

9. displacedfan

Ah this makes more sense. You'll be happy that the discussion around will be done. We as fans can move on from basically what has been a 2 and half year discussion of reiterating the same points. I interpreted statements, not by you, but by people on twitter and TGG like "counting down the days", "gonna have a party", "will be his best jets moment" as kind of strange I guess. We all agree he hasn't played well and took up lots of resources from the Jets, but I don't think he was ever THAT bad to the point where getting rid of him is a celebratory moment. And I think he was pretty bad down the stretch of 2011 into 95% of 2012.

10. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I kinda disagree Big Blocker, I never felt this fanbase embraced or supported Sanchez the way other fanbases support their QB. Sanchez was always the first to get the blame when we lost and last to get the credit when we won.

11. displacedfan

If you only limit your statement to 2012-2013, it would be mostly correct. If you move it back to include 2011, 2010, and 2009 it would be wrong.

After 2011 many of us (including myself) felt Sanchez was going to improve. That he was hurt at the end of the year and that caused his slide in production. We blamed Schotty for most if not all the problems with Sanchez. There was the "schotty bump" that was mentioned how Chad P and Brett Favre had career years after leaving the Schotty offense. We blamed Tanny for signing Tone and not resigning Braylon or adding young WR. We blamed Tanny for resigning Wayne Hunter who struggled compared to his 2010 stint. In 2010 many people blame the Jets defense for the Pittsburgh loss in the AFC championship. The blame for the GB loss was the refs. The blame for the NE 45-3 loss was everyone stunk and Leonard got hurt. The BAL loss falls on Dustin Keller. The blame for the IND championship loss was on injuries and the defense. The blame for losses in 2009 was "rookie curve". The majority of the fan base was fully behind him. 2011 was Tanny/Schotty's fault and the lack of a OL. 2010 was the defense's fault. 2009 was the defense's fault + rookie curve.

It turned 2012 when the year seemed to be lost and we kept trotting Sanchez out there. There was an influx of Tebow fans which also complicated things. Then this offseason, people wanted the unknown of Geno over the unknown of Sanchez.

12. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I dont know man, if this board is representative of this fanbase then I can confirm that this fan base never supported him the way he should have been. This board for the most part had Sanchez on a very short leash, and this started back in 2009 and carried through to 2010/2011. It was a difficult situation though for Sanchez because this team had Super Bowl aspirations and he was just coming into the league.

Go look at what people were saying after the Ravens home opener, Sanchez was as good as done as early as then.

13. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I think the fans that never had an agenda against the guy supported him until the end. The front office fucked the guy over pretty bad, that will always be my stance on the Sanchez era, like like we fucked over Pennington, or some other player that had upside that we could not develop - fans in reality should be pointing the finger at the FO, not at Sanchez.

14. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Well back then we had people saying "shoulda drafted Josh Freeman" after every in-completion Sanchez had. (You notice now though that those saying it are now nowhere to be found)

15. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Pretty much how i felt all the way until the butt fumble...thats when he showed his vagina.

16. displacedfan

Yes because an immediate reaction after a game where we score 9 points is a fair representative sample how our fan base feels? Go look after the NE playoff game, and then come back to me. You can't take one game and use it to judge the pulse of a fan base.

The fans for the most part were behind Sanchez. 2012 was the turning point.

This is after 2011 season, year 3 for Sanchez. 67.9% believe Sanchez is the answer for the NY Jets. This is after the Jets ended a year on a 3 game* skid to miss the playoffs and Sanchez threw 3 INTs in the final game of the year that "must win" at the start of the game.

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=70388&highlight=mark+sanchez

1/5/2012 Mark Sanhcez is still our QB to 75% of this message board
    http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=70247&highlight=mark+sanchez

This was 2 days after the Denver game, 70% support
    http://forums.theganggreen.com/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=3131

#2436 displacedfan, Feb 11, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
  17. JStokes

Case in point.

Thank you for making my point less eloquently than I ever could.

_

18. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Eh that one play won't define his career with the Jets in my eyes. The win over NE in the playoffs carries far more weight. It's a shame we started WFH and ruined the kid's career.

19. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I swear to this day he got seriously injured in the Steelers game in 2012, anyone else recall what I am talking about?

20. displacedfan

[​IMG]

^ This right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.