Are You SURE You REALLY Want Sanchez Off The Jets ??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

Yes, I'm literally that guy. And you are literally the guy I am talking about who is completely delusional. Did you watch every minute of every game Sanchez ever played? I did. The guy couldn't hit a wide open running back in stride standing 2 feet in front of him. You say calling him dogshit is childish, I say even suggesting that he wasn't total dogshit is idiotic. We'll let the impartial observers decide who is more on the muck.

2. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Who was the menu writer, Dan Quayle?

(potatoe)

3. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Lol............

4. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Hey, welcome back Hobbes. Being that it's a new year, shouldn't you be allowed to get rid of that 'President Selfie' avatar?

5. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

I love the immaturity of the guys suggesting that they are the only ones to watch the games.

I've been a season ticket holder since 2001, I've seen every minute of every Jet game for the last 25+ years-a fan since 1968. Pretty much everyone here has. This type of immaturity is what makes this board so difficult to read at times.

Sanchez sucked in 2012. SUCKED. Sanchez sucked heading down the stretch in 2011. SUCKED. Most of 2011 was pretty ugly, but he had some moments, but that last stretch is what we were left with. 2010 was, on balance, a pretty good year. Inconsistent, but the highs outweighed the lows and his playoffs redeemed any downs he had in 2010. 2009 was a rookie season where he was very inconsistent and was very bad at times and very good at times. But if we are cutting Geno for playing well down the stretch! then you have to give Sanchez even more credit for playing well down the stretch that is called the playoffs.

I get your immaturity that you need to use the phrase "dogshit" in every post, it is so cute and so funny it probably makes you giggle when you post it. But to say in 1100 completions only 10 were in stride-LITERALLY-is just idiotic. Hate the player all you want, make your childish "dogshit" and the ever-so-cute "Muck" comments, but it's just shows a complete lack of maturity on your part.

And shows how "impartial" you are. LOL.

Well done, you've won the internetz.

_

#2385 JStokes, Feb 9, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
  6. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I really dont understand how anyone can grade 2012. The amount of garbage he was surrounded by was unforeseen in the NFL. Sanchez proved that when he had guys around him he can succeed, and this whole notion that he should have been able to raise the level of the team in 2012 is ridiculous. How many QBs in the NFL are able to raise the level of their team? Does Matt Ryan? Does Joe Flacco? Does Ben Roethlisberger? Does Eli Manning? You notice when the talent dipped on the teams they played on, so did the record of the team. Its no different with Sanchez, when he had guys he succeeded, when he didnt have guys, he didnt succeed.

And bringing up stats like completion % is just foolish, do you guys realize the difference between a 55% completion rate and a 60% completion rate is literally 1-2 more completions per game? Yea 1 or 2 more completions a game....and that is what people are flipping out about? You want to know how you fix that? Instead of running on 1st down, you play for a 2-5 yard pass like a bunch of QBs in the NFL do. Its not the Jets philosphy though, we would rather take the run play over the designed 2-5 yard pass.

7. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

you are right about the comp % alone but when you couple that with the 69 career ints it becomes alarming.

8. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

And here comes junc claiming impartiality..... LOL

9. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

When you're hovering around 55% completions, a few more passes is just as likely to drop the numbers as increase them.

10. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

The interceptions I will adress later, im clearly on the losing side of the arguement though if I try to defend it, but I will attempt to adress it later in the day.

11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

"If the stats don't fit, you must acquit."

In 2010, 64% of games were won by the team that had the fewest interceptions. The winning team was picked off more than the loser in just 8%. Games that saw each team throw the same number of interceptions made up the other 28%.

There are few more damning statistics in football.

Turnovers are killers. They could easily be a 14 point swing in a game.

It wasn't poor pass completion percentage that killed Sanchez, it was his carelessness with the football...both ints. & fumbles.

Blame for the inability to move the chains and score points can be shared by many.

12. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I can't believe this thread is still ongoing with 121 pages, and 53k views or something like that. Unreal. Trying to set a record with this thread? Carry on.

13. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

What did they "ruin"

14. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Can't wait til Mark's wikipedia page says former NFL qb. It realistically could be this year in fact.

15. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Geez...Let's hope you keep it in your pants if that happens.

16. 518

518 Member

Although I am not a fan of Sanchez returning to the Jets at any point in his career and we are better off without him at this point, that statement is not likely. There are a lot of NFL teams that are dying to get a stable QB or a legitimate backup. The moment we cut him he will find work somewhere else within a few weeks. He won't necessarily start but he would certainly be in a position to compete in places like Jacksonville, Oakland, Arizona, Cleveland maybe even Houston.

17. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Stable?

He's been anything but...

Half of me wants him to stay a Jet and get his shit together here.

The other half would be interested to see what he could accomplish in another system.

The Jets is not heaven for qbs...

18. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

How many games are won or lost because of 1 or 2 plays, a first down here or there that was or wasn't obtained. How many times would a few more yards lead to points? or eat a few more seconds off the clock to preserve the win? Sanchez over his career has averaged 30 attempts per game, technically 30.11. To be at 60% completion would add 93 completions over 4 seasons. Since his average completion is 11.8 yards that's at the very least close to 93 additional first downs over 62 games, or on average an additional 1097 yards of offense over 4 seasons. Add to that the offense would probably pass more often and he'd have more attempts if he was a more accurate passer.

One or two plays when you only have 30 or so a game as a passer is a BIG difference. But even that could be livable but Mark has only had one season where he's thrown fewer than 18 interceptions, not to mention all the dropped picks.

55% also could be liveable if he were taking an extraordinary number of shots of 20+ yards..but he doesn't, he's at his worst on passes under 10 yards when compared to peers.

It's the NFL, one play can make or break a game.

19. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Not to mention the fake stat.

Yet you still did.

_

20. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I wonder what other QB's suffered from all these circumstances besides Sanchez?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.