Are You Rooting Chad On?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJalltheway, Apr 11, 2006.

?

Do you support Chad?

1. I'm a huge fan of him.

73.8%
  2. I don't really care anymore.

16.3%
  3. I'm undecided...

9.9%
  1. jaywade

jaywade Active Member

if anyone has the work ethic to put in the extra time to come back from such an injury it is chad. I hope he can do it.

2. NYJets38

NYJets38 New Member

I clicked the 3rd one, but meant to say, yes, I am rooting him on.

You should be if your a fan of the team.

#62 NYJets38, Apr 12, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2005
  3. F Miami

F Miami Active Member

I'm a huge fan, but realistically, I just don't think he'll be able to get it done anymore.

#63 F Miami, Apr 12, 2006
  4. nicolab

nicolab Member

im rooting for him

go chad - show us all you can still perform:jets:

5. OhioJetsFan

OhioJetsFan Member

What is really interesting about this thread is that the posters have separated Chad the person from Chad the football athlete... it isn't too often (in this day and age) that sports personalities come along that you actually LIKE the guy.

I'd love to see Chad back 100%. Can he do it? At least everybody is realistic about this one.

If he were a terrible jerk, or didn't give the effort, or didn't have 2002, or was mean to babies and dogs, nobody here would give the guy a second thought.

Peace... out.

6. Elvis

Elvis Member

I think most of us would love to see Chad succeed and revert back to 2002. But after the injuries, can he rebound?? I'll still be supporting him as I would hope most Jets fans would do...

#66 Elvis, Apr 12, 2006
  7. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

You know...

usually my polls get about 20-25 responses if I'm lucky...

and my threads get 10-15 responses if I'm lucky...

this poll is up to 150 votes :rofl:

so i actually succeeded (sp) for once...yay! :beer:

8. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

Another fact just to back up my point - he's full of injuries and excuses. He is a mediocre QB who is paid like a Golden God and continues to steal money from the Jets and screw the team over.

9. New York Mick

New York Mick Banned

I'm not really sure but I am starting to get the feeling that you don't like Chad, I could be wrong though.

10. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

It's not that I don't like him, but when he does great in '02 and then constantly gets injured and/or sucks after that and continually deflates any hope and optimism you had towards a season, you begin to lose patience and he begins to lose respect.

I can't understand why everyone is still giving him so much faith and backing after just 1 good season and not much to show for it, plus nothing afterwards except TWO shoulder injuries on his throwing arm.

He makes a shitload of money based off 12 games and hurts this team financially. I do respect him in the sense that he was willing to take a few restructures and pay cuts to make room for players and even changed his salary this year into incentive-earned bonuses, but I still can't respect what he does on the field.

I understand that he is a nice guy and all, but it doesn't change how shitty he is on the field. Namath was an egotistical drunk who wasn't exactly your role model citizen like CP, but nobody disliked him because his performance saved that. I can't understand why it works in reverse - great off field character making up for poor on-field performance.

I wish for the best for Chad, but I don't want him on this team because he is maxed out on his performance level.

I don't even know if I am making sense because I'm struggling to stay awake.

11. New York Mick

New York Mick Banned

Wow, that was one of the better post that I have seen. I am giving Chad this year because he did get hurt which happens and he took a pay cut when alot of guy wood not have. If he plays crappy this year or get hurt again then I am off his wagon.

12. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

i like him but dont fully believe he can do it. I think ramsey is more likely to be a starter at the moment

13. dclark26

dclark26 New Member

I really can't decide yet. He's like that girl that you dated in high school that you really wanted to work things out with, but time after time the relationship was a disaster. I love Chad's competitive fire and drive to be the best, but until he proves he can stay healthy I can't "believe" in him. I really am hoping that he proves the naysayers (including me) wrong.

14. Green Lantern 80

I will always be a Chad fan but coming back to professional arm strength and accuracy from two rotator cuff surgeries may be physically impossible. One surgery-maybe. 2 surgeries? Has any professional qb had this much work done and come back to be as good as before the surgeries?

15. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

nope... im not rooting him on.. i hope all our money goes to waste on a qb who doesn't play... Every Jets fan should be rooting our players on because we wasting cap room on every one of them.

16. jetmike

jetmike New Member

I think Chad is the ultimate warrior, in the mold of Curtis. I still feel he can lead us to the Super Bowl. I think that Mangini/Tannenbaum are keeping his progress top secret so that we don't tip our hand before the draft. I am sure we will hear more in May sfter the draft. There is no reason he can have 6-7 very productive years as Jets QB. Remember he was never injured in college.

17. IslandJET

IslandJET Member

This whole situation reminds me of dating a really good looking girl that has started to annoy the crap out of you.

On one hand, you want to end the relationship because you're afraid you'll be miserable for the rest of your life.

On the other hand, you want to hold on because think there's still a chance things could go back to the way things were when you started the whole thing.

Even worse is the possibilty that you break things off and someone else comes sniffing around, makes things work, and then rubs it your face. :smile:

18. Jets41815162342

Jets41815162342 New Member

One Arm Bandit

Chad Pennington the Person: I've had the opportunity of spending some time with Chad as hired security for an autograph expo in NJ. As a person I can tell you, based on first impression, he seems like a truely great guy. Compared to some of the other big NFL names I met and observed he, as well as Curtis Martin, were CLASS ACTS. In that respect how could you not root for a genuine good guy who gives maximum effort for his team.

Chap Pennington the Player: This is not an attack on Chad, it is just my personal observation. I equate Chad to a Slot Machine in Atlantic City. You put in $100.00 and you win a little. You're feeling good so you stay with that machine waiting for the Jackpot. You're intitial $100.00 goes up and down +-$20.00 or so for a while but then it gets below $20.00 so you put another $100.00 in and that runs down to $10.00. Now you feel this machine has got to pay off soon so i'll stick with it and you put $100.00 in again. Now you've got alot invested and your at the whim of the machine. Your wife is telling you to walk away but now it's personal, unfinished business. You eventually lose $400.00 and wonder why you didn't step away sooner.

Chad is not stealing the Jets money, they just don't realize that sometimes you have to walk away and cut your loses.

[​IMG]

19. EvilClownFace

EvilClownFace New Member

:eek:fftopic: Love the avatar! :up: