Are we still cocky?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JFToLong, Dec 12, 2010.

1. even_flow

even_flow New Member

define bonus??

2. diggemsmack80

diggemsmack80 New Member

Pats players and coaches eat humble pie every week win or lose. i love that about this team and always have. but fans can say whatever they want. Gloat talk shit , eat crow or whatever, doesn't really matter.

3. Jedabe

Jedabe Active Member

I <3 the Jets but Boston is about 1000x better than New York

4. Brady_champ

Brady_champ Banned

I'm not kickin you while you're down.

Brady and Belichick have been for the last 10 years kid. Are you still doing the Math? I think if all of a sudden Rex learns how to coach, Sanchez watches some brady film, your recievers remember how to catch, and hell...yeah I"ll go there..your Defense plays to the level ours has been lately (suck on that)....

the Jets can dominate at pittsburgh like Brady did....win @ Chicago in terrible weather cause their QB will figure that out too...then beat the bills..while the Pats collapse. Jets=HFA. And yeah, this pats team will clearly be on the decline for the next 5 years so Jets will take over..cause all those young players will hit a soph. slump

keep doubtin jet fans

I BELIEVE

5. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Funny...:beer::beer::beer:

6. LockDown24

LockDown24 Active Member

I personally have been pretty humble when my friends who hate the jets want to rub it in (specifically the pats fans). We suck right now and the Pats are hands down the best team in the league, that's the truth and it can't be sugar-coated. But Brady is still a woman who wears uggs and Belichick is still a cold prick.

7. Jets Dan

Jets Dan New Member

I said it then, and I'll say it now. Rex's big yapper has been an unwelcomed distraction, for which there is no excuse. Games are hard enough; never a need to make the bull's eye any bigger. I think being in front of the cameras during "Hard Knocks" inflated his ego. Enough with the sound bites. Enough with blonde wigs and constant jokes. Enough with burying footballs. Figure out how to stop slot receivers from killing us and how to put some points on the friggin' board.

8. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Yeah, since 2001. Right on.
    You mean whiter, not better.

9. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA:breakdance:

...no

10. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c&playnext=1&list=PL6CC9E90D1491513E&index=16[/YOUTUBE]

11. Jedabe

Jedabe Active Member

isnt that the same??

12. pointman

pointman New Member

Talking copious amounts of shit is what being a sports fan is all about.

13. pointman

pointman New Member

By the way, I also believe that Gholston is still going to be the second coming. I was going to use the handle "Gholston's Jock" but feared the admins wouldn't allow it.

14. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Our fans are EXACTLY like every other team's fans. Every fan base has some idiots and fairweathers, to go along with intelligent and realistic fans.

15. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

dear brady_champ... who is john stephens? andre tippett? the guy who played with the patsies who played in college with eric dickerson?

i figured you wouldnt know and that is why your opinion doesnt matter.

16. NYMIJ

NYMIJ New Member

"17 points? okay".

Yup, humble pie.

18-1

17. GTechSuperChargerFan

I think you are right, coming from a Charger fan here.

Rex has put a big ol' target on the jets back by continuuing to talk smack every...freakin...game.

What does that do? That makes things personal. It is why SB teams rarely repeat - because every other team gets up for every game with them.

I think the Jets can beat the Steelers, but perhaps they need to return to fundamentals. Hiring a guy to talk some sense into Sanchez and dispel his "Sanchize" mentality would also be good. He hasnt proven a damn thing in his career yet.

I think you oughtta run Green more too. We let LT go because he wears down in crunchtime, as he is doing yet again this year.

18. The Mak

The Mak New Member

Get lost with that garbage. Rex was ragging on his TWIN BROTHER that week who returned with jokes of his own.

I'm flabbergasted at how people use their imaginations to pump up Rex's words to Paul Bunyan scales. It's fucking old.

Good lord, a couple years ago the Jets had a Wet Blanket at the head coach role and everyone was bitching and moaning about him constantly. They sign a guy who actually speaks at pressers and all of a sudden The Ultimate Warrior is our head coach or some shit. This fanbase is bipolar beyond belief.

19. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

Main problem with all of this is that the players stop believing him. It means fuck all what we as fans think as its all about preferences and opinion but if the players get tired of him this will get ugly very quickly.

20. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Chicago is assumed to be a really good team this year. Pats kicked their ass even badly. The difference between todays game was the Santonio's dropped TD.

Yes, we stink offensively. But we can comeback. We played great on defense though. Gave up 10 points on short drives that started within field goal range. If the offense can manage 20 points, we will win all our games. Hopefully this offense can generate a late season push just at the right time.

As for being cocky, no, we are not going to be cocky until we win the next three and storm in to the playoffs with a wildcard game against Kansas City (should be an easy win).