Anyone seen the new Unis?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LGENF, Mar 25, 2012.

1. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

The new jerseys have pros and cons.

CONS:
    I don't like the flywire on the neck, it looks like that glossy crap they put on ugly overpriced sneakers.

I'm leaning towards not liking the ab material for 2 reasons if it ends up this way - 1) if the color is a different shade - 2) if the seam of it does run into the numbers.

IMPO I do wish we would've lightend our shade of green just a tad.

PROS:
    I like the look of the material and the perforations in it.

Unlike most I actually like the collars shape, just not the flywire that kills it.

The silicone letters look very crisp and clean.

The cleats I think we all knew would be nice be nice, being Nike and all.

I'm a fan of the Seahawk jerseys, and I wouldn't be surprized if several other teams don't follow suit next year. Then again I really like the Nike Pro Combat jerseys that Oregon and VT wear.

I really am hoping we can bring back the kelly greens this year with the 80's logo as our alternate. The Titans crap with the gold has got to go!

Just as a side note since someone else brought it up and I seen a commercial for them today, those New Era NFL hats are soooooooooooooo ugly.

2. CONN-JET.2.0.3.

CONN-JET.2.0.3. Active Member

Here's what I don't understand. If this is some huge, unprecedented premier thing, why are all of the pictures absolutely terrible ? Nobody who knows how to use a real camera showed up ?

3. SanityRemoved

SanityRemoved New Member

I picked up a Burress home replica online for $20. I figured at least it's a good conversation starter.

4. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

15 pages on stitching and shoulder design? You don't think that is over the top?

As for alternate jerseys, I am a traditionalist. The Jets are green and white and the current jerseys are already a form of throwbacks in that they are based on the jerseys of the 60's and early 70's. Let's face it. The only reason to wear alternate jerseys is so that you convince fans to shell out more money for a different jersey.

I think the alternate jersey should be red and purple. That will really make the game stand out as all of wear our green and white jerseys to the game.

5. CONN-JET.2.0.3.

haha nice. I'd do the same

6. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Most of the changes look horrible, I'm holding out for what I hope is a better Alt Jersey. If they have the Titan Jersey again, it will all suck.

I was going to order a new jersey, but not going to spend the money on them, not even a China knock off.

Each team had to approve the changes, my question is who the f@#$ approved the Jets?

7. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

Today is my birthday, but I held out on my gift until I can get a new jersey. I've been wearing my Mangold road jersey since his rookie year, and it is really looking ragged. Numbers are fading, it looks like I got it off the $2 rack at a Goodwill store.

I would just get another Mangold, but I`ve really given a lot of thought to getting a Tebow instead. Only thing is, I hate the thought that somebody would automatically see me as a Tebow bandwaggon guy. I can't wear a sign telling people ”I'm a Jets fan, not a Tebow fan” I don't know which is the more pussy move: getting the Tebow and looking like one of ”them” or not getting it because I give a fuck what anybody thinks.

You know what, now that I put it that way...screw it, I'm getting the Tebow.

8. CONN-JET.2.0.3.

FUCK IT. Get a McElroy. 3rd string > 2nd string

9. NYJet87

NYJet87 Member

It looks like the Nike replicas are going to be much more durable than the Reeboks. One wash and the screen print numbers were fading. That was my biggest complaint. Seems as though the Nikes will be a little more washer friendly from the way they're described.

10. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

I was talking to a guy at the Jets Shop yesterday and he was telling me that the material for the Nike replicas is supposed to be much nicer than what they used for the Reebok ones. Even if that's true though, they're gonna cost $100 which IMO is way too steep. When you can still get the Reebok stuff for 1/5 the price I don't know why anyone would buy the new stuff right now.

11. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I got an email, I think it was from the Jets shop - as ever they over state that sale but there is still a few decent jerseys available cheap - http://www.jetsshop.com/Apparel/Jerseys?sort=low especially if you wanted to get one for your kid or something.

12. srqman1

srqman1 Tired of BS

It's not a pussy move at all. I certainly wouldn't want idiots constantly coming up to me and giving me shit because of some name on the back of my jersey, only having to give them the same regurgitated response time after time. Save yourself the headache.

13. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

he will probably be gone after a season so I would go with someone for the long term - get a Wilkerson shirt!

14. NJGREEN

NJGREEN New Member

I'm just gonna rock my Joe Namath throw bavk from now on...

15. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

I ordered a $20 Revis Road jersey and got a Ellis Jersey labeled Revis. I like Ellis and kept it, and they are going to give me free express shipping when the new Nike jerseys come out. Not Bad. I hope we can get Ellis back so he can retire a Jet.