Anyone Besides Darnold/Rosen at 3...We Failed

Discussion in 'Draft' started by FrontOfficeFanatic, Mar 21, 2018.

1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Wilson was a better prospect in my eyes. Stronger arm and special improvising skills. Wilson also played under a pro style and in a different conference. Brees might be the exception.

Flacco won a sb and while Stafford has not yet he was inaccurate in college too.

LF911SC likes this.
  2. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Wilson does not have a stronger arm than Mayfield. And Wilson when he was drafted was 5'10 though I believe he is 5'11 now. Though yes he should've listened to Bradway in that instance and drafted him.

Stafford's final year in school (Junior) he was already up to 61.4%. And he was trending upwards in accuracy. Allen has been a fairly flat 56%. That's too low for comfort

Flacco was at 63% or so in college. And he's been 60.5% in the pro's. He' never been a top QB. His completion percentage dipped from the 63% once he got to the NFL. Can you imagine what Allen will be throwing once his dips?

I want to do better than Joe Flacco

NCJetsfan likes this.
  3. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Here's the difference, I'm telling you what I think and what others are sayin. You make claims that no one else is as fact. You want to put it out there that he runs for no reason, good, that's your lone opinion. You want to tell us his WRs don't add to his lower completion percentages I'm going to tell you you're wrong. it's pretty self explanatory and doesn't need specifics. As I said, who going on to the NFL on Wyoming? When was the last player from Wyoming to get drafted in the 1st?

4. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

This is too good.

“You’re just giving your opinion which isn’t a fact but MY opinion is fact.”

To go back to that SI article you refuse to read because it goes against a lot of what your opinion is of Mayfield, the conclusions drawn from it are based on FACT. It compares all the QBs and how they perform when they are forced to make NFL throws. FYI, Mayfield is ranked first and miles ahead of Allen.

That’s just a short summary though and I don’t even know why I’m wasting my time because if you actually cared to hear another viewpoint you would have read the article by now. Remember when you said you weren’t pigheaded? You’re really not doing a good job backing that opinion up with facts right now.

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  5. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Wilson does have a stronger arm. He has more zip too.

You are right on Flacco, I was thinking the wrong #s ... Wilson also had trouble completing more then 60 until his last year. Stafford did have trouble overall.

Just saying there are always exceptions to the rule. Not sure if Mayfield fits the bill.

6. LF911SC

Ok, how many times can I tell you I don't buy into this line of thinking? That reviewing stats doesn't take into account too many variables? But you're going to keep coming back to one stupid article in SI. As if it's the Bible in how QBs are ranked. And somehow the 4th ranked QB, who you're obsesssed with, isn't really the 4th ranked QB.

You're wasting your time because you don't know how to end it when someone is ignoring what you're trying to sell. That's not enough, you feel the need to push someone who doesn't have an issue with your guy into agreeing with everything you post. I don't.

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

It appears that LF911SC is a Star Wars droid that is programmed to make people feel better about their arguments.

8. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

What’s Kipers completion percentage?

Edit: About 33%, which is apparently pretty good as far as draft dudes go, but it’s still just 1/3.

#468 Jets81, Mar 24, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
    HomeoftheJets likes this.
  9. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

We also fail if we let the Giants fleece us to move up 1 more spot fearing they’ll trade out of it.

I hate the Giants.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't think Kiper's even that good. It's probably more like 1 out of 20.

Jets81 likes this.
  11. abyzmul

Kiper is in the business of hyping players on the dime of their agents. He's only as good as the number of teams he helps trick into drafting whatever player he's paid to hype.

And it's always been a very low percentage.

12. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Got it. Your opinions are fact, my opinions are opinions.:rolleyes:

Where are these rankings or statistics that support your claim that his receivers were "terrible"?

And I never said he "runs for no reason"... I said when he decides to run, it's often too early and he could stay in the pocket, or move and keep looking downfield, but instead he very often tucks the ball and runs instead. That's what I've seen when I watched video of him.

Here's some more evidence of his shortcomings that you can ignore, while instead asserting that what you believe is fact:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-josh-allens-2017-season-defined

boozer32 likes this.
  13. LF911SC

Yeah, thats what I've done, said my opinions are facts. And yous arent. LOL, where have I said my opinions are fact? You mean whenever I dont agree with you? That just twists your panties? Your just like to argue incessantly. You need friggen proof that his WRs suck? Do you watch football, college? Again, name one WR that you think will come from this Wyoming class that will be drafted.

One last time, you have your obsession with Mayfield. You want him. If hes the pick, so be it. I can take it and be happy. Thats it, leave me alone.

14. abyzmul

Dude, I keep reading your posts and there is always one sentence that is like a robot walked into the room and malfunctioned.

I'm enjoying it thoroughly. Keep going forever.

boozer32 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  15. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

In the last 10 years on average every team has had at least one good QB. The Jets have not. That is why we are over due.

Jets81 likes this.
  16. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Mayfield only problem is his height. If he were 6'3 there would be no discussion about who would be going first. There would be no mention about his cocky attitude and instead they would be calling him Tom Brady like. He can make all the throws and he threw for a ton of yards. Whereas Allen couldn't even dominate the Mountain West Conference.

#476 boozer32, Mar 25, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
    NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  17. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I do think the Giants won't be taking a QB and can get whoever they want farther down the board..which leads me to believe we really have to worry about Buffalo or somebody else trading up for that #2 pick. If they do then we are definitely screwed.

18. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Do you think it’s weird that now multiple people have told you that all you do is shoot down other people’s opinions and hold your opinion as fact?

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  19. LF911SC

Nope. I think that's what some think when people post an opossing view. Want to bet I get more people who like my posts than the two or three who think it's personal or Being shot down for no reason?

Now I'll ask you. Do you think it's weird to say or think that all I'm doing is shooting down your opinion when all I'm doing is voicing MY opinion? Do you think it's weird that all I've ever dont is defended some of the negatives heaped on a possible draft pick of the Jets? All I've done is said that some of the negatives, to me, can be explained or fixed, to me. Don't you find it weird that the biggest problem is when I raise concerns over Mayfield and why you just can't compare the twos numbers you have to look deeper than just the number itself yet you take it as being shot down? For pointing out the concerns that every single analyst has raised? Sorry it's an open forum that's supposed to bring out discussions between people with different views and takes on a subject. If we all agreed this would a boring circle jerk

20. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

These are not the droids we're looking for .