Anybody excited about the Up Coming Season???

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tanknyc, May 19, 2012.

1. Barcs

Barcs Banned

To me, a key injury is an injury that costs you games. Mangold's definitely did, coupled with Turner's. Both Green AND LT being injured def cost us the Broncos game. The game after Leonhard got hurt we gave up 45 points (2nd year in a row) and lost. Cumberland is questionable, but having more offensive diversity last year would have helped in many games. I guess I'm wrong on that one, since we simply don't know how well he would have done. Greene and LT were certainly a key to our offense last season.

2. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

There are worse OC options than Shotty. I mean, Paul Hackett is still alive, right?

3. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Oh, he will get his shot, no doubt about it. I am talking about the CERTAINTY that he just HAS TO BE BETTER than Schotty.

Uh, no he doesn't.

4. Big Blocker

I have trained a good portion of my life for this moment.

5. DoubleA

DoubleA Banned

Of course.

We won't know for certain if he's better, until we see what Sparano brings to the table this year.

But i will say this, Schotty set the bar pretty low.

6. Big Blocker

Taking injuries to TWO people to lose one game (and i do not buy that was the main reason the Jets lost -Jet running backs still gained more than Broncos RB's in that game) obviously is not as key as one player being out and hurting.

I say Mangold because he was out a few games. Mangold is arguably more important to the Jets than any other player, since the OL depends on him and without a decent OL the Jet O is nowhere.

7. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Well if a non PO & SB winning season excites U or any body reading this then all I can say is WOW!

8. DoubleA

DoubleA Banned

Maybe you should root for a team that will excite you.

9. championjets69

So I guess U R one of the ones that will get excited when we finish 4-12 heh? :sad:

10. DoubleA

DoubleA Banned

No, but i have realistic expectations. :rolleyes:

11. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

I agree with everything except I'm hopeful that VD can become useful and a drive blocking scheme, if not then he sucks worse than I thought.

I've heard enough of Slausen was hurt last year. That doesn't elevate him from barely average to all pro level, it just means he'll be more middle of the road than last year.

More worrisome is that D'brick Ferguson didn't exactly have a good year either.

Ground and pound starts and ends with men in the trenches and a strong backfield. The Jets seem to have a pastry chef O line and a starting RB with a glass jaw and lead feet. If G&P doesn't work then what? Can you really count on Tebow to save the day or a rookie WR to take pressure of Holmes?

People here are WAY too optimistic about the offense and that's not even discussing the maturation of dirty.

They need EVERYTHING to go right on offense to compete for a wildcard spot, anything short and they're on the outside looking in again come playoff time.

That's not the case on the defensive side of the ball, they don't need everything to go perfectly to be a top D and therein lies the problem. Rex becoming more involved with the D means he's even less involved with the offense and that's not a good fact set, he's the HEAD coach the the DC.

#91 No Fly Zone, May 22, 2012
    Last edited: May 22, 2012
  12. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

Shotty was a good play designer but a horrible coordinator. The game is about flow and maintaining it on offense. Schotty didn't get that memo. You can fault him for poor calling but not design.

You can't comment on Sporano yet either. Simpler doesn't mean better.

If shotty was a better play caller then I'd be all for him staying. He wasn't and couldn't become one so he deserves to be elsewhere.

Let's have a bit more wait and see rather than calling him some G&P wildcat genius.

13. championjets69

Great give me 5 "realistic" things that the NYJs did this off season to overtake the NEPs :sad:

14. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Always excited and hopeful for a season. There is more uncertainty this year though as to how the Sanchez/Tebow experiment is going to work out.

But yeah, real excited...

15. patdaman819

patdaman819 Member

Sure im excited,

I think with tebow sanchez will feel the urge to be better and i still think mark is our QB for year to comes, and with sporano he will know how to use in the right way tebow in trick play in the red zone. and if santonio holmes can make the big catch when it count the offence will be good. And the biggest peace on the offensive line is to have nick mangold healthy all year long because he is really important. lets just hope that the jets may try to hook up a veteran RB to support shonn greene because i think joe mcknight is better on special team i dont trust him in big situation.

When it come to defence i hope antonio cromartie can be the interception guy he was couples year ago and lets hope the contract situation dont come to affect darrelle revis because i still think he is the best player in our team and if bart scott can bounce back this year to help we are gonna have B+ defence so i think thats good.

But with all that said i think we are gonna be competitve and i think it will still be between us and those dam pats.

16. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

Why don't YOU tell us exactly what the Jets should have done this offseason to ''overtake'' the Patriots? You never offer anything but complaints. You come off like a whiny baby.

17. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

I don't know how you can say that Schotty can't be criticized for his play design. When you have 3 receivers running 4 yard curls on 3rd and 5 or have all kinds of stupid pre-snap motions that does nothing to confuse the D, that's bad play design. Of course not all of his plays were poorly designed and sometimes poor execution by the players was to blame but come on, he did design some pretty terrible plays.

18. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

Injuries happen like anything else... With Mangold in there he sets the line up for blocking and can let Sanchez know whats going on if he doesnt see it. Plus he is our best O linemen

19. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

absolutely excited...

anyone who is saying they aren't excited i can't help but ask why do you bother being a fan? isnt the point of being a fan to get excited? i mean come on guys, to say that you arent excited for this season and it's freaking May is off putting.

im as die hard as they come...and i invest emotionally and mentally in this team...but if you are sitting here saying you aren't excited for the season I think you may want to take a step back and re-evaluate things a bit.

20. patdaman819

patdaman819 Member

Hell yeah great way to put it