And now for something different... Zach appreciation thread...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by burf, Oct 2, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Again, you hit the nail on the head, my friend.
    The jets would rather lose games than admit that Zach was a wasted #2 overall pick. As you said, it is mind boggling, but Douglas and Saleh must be that arrogant.
    I am SO glad I did not get NFL Sunday ticket this year, as I have in the past.
    And, not that I think the jets or anyone else care, I have watched my last snap to Zach Wilson as jets QB.
    Even though it is a network game, I refuse to watch the jets get beaten down by the Raiders with their excuse of an NFL QB. Even my wife who rarely watches football says Wilson looks like a 15 year old out there playing against grown men.
    Saleh IS the coach--it is his fault-- he plays Zach, and Zach loses games for us.
    If/when they change QBs, I'll start watching the jets again. But, OMG, it seems like Wilson has been losing games here forever.
    At least they moved on from Browning Nagle after one awful season.

2. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

This idea that the receivers aren't getting open as an excuse for poor QB play I find hard to accept. The NFL is the highest level of football, you can't go any higher. Are we saying that WRs who make it to the NFL through high school, college, the combine, rigorous scouting and eventually the draft can't get separation? Yeah, some are better route runners than others but the bottom line is that all receivers at this level are open at some point along their routes, otherwise, they would be DBs by now. Granted if a receiver is double covered he may not be open, but then someone else has to be. It is up to the QB to get the ball to the receiver when he is open; and that is what is not happening with Wilson and the Jet receivers right now.

3. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

I never thought I'd live to see the day, where Zach Wilsons biggest supported would, say he he needs to sit, hes seen enough, thats right folks BT the biggest Zach homer, is done with him

4. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Ya know what!? I'm going full Stockholm syndrome I now LOVE ZACH WILSON.. That's right boys watching him play for 3 years has shattered my psyche

BleedJetsGreen1981 likes this.
  5. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

We can’t risk a Morstead injury.

6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

the most worked punter in the league

7. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

"These are not the Quaterbacks you're looking for..."

Jedi mind tricks and Cman68 like this.
  8. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

This isn’t aging too well.

9. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

That side arm pass was a thing of fucking beauty, but again, you cant win when your QB is only lucid for a hand full of plays a game.

HomeoftheJets and stinkyB like this.
  10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Sick no look pass though!

touchdowns are an overrated stat

11. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Well, there are two things I can say about Zach Wilson
    1. He has to do better
    2. He will look at the tape

Jets69 likes this.
  12. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Even though he completed it, that pass is infuriating. Who the fuck does this kid think he is trying no look passes? Throw a fucking normal pass for once. Complete a fucking standard professional play and hit the right receiver without bouncing it to him or launching it 3 yards over his head. Learn a fucking simple football concept. This is the unchecked arrogance of this little snot nose shit. It’s about time we start undressing him publicly. I wanna see a coach screaming at him on the sideline the way Bill OBrien was losing his shit on Mac Jones. I want to see the Defense in Zach’s face when he walks off the field after another awful decision. Seriously, how dare this kid jeopardize our team throwing no look passes when he can’t make a simple read. I don’t care that it was completed, he has no business pulling that shit. Clean up your basic game before you go out acting like you’re Mahomes.

13. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

It sure was. But that’s what he has been…he can make some beautiful throws. He’s athletic. He has a strong arm.

But he only has glimpses…handful of throws…a few great plays here and there.

His problem isn’t physical…it’s between the ears. He is slow to process, he doesn’t have a great feel for the pocket or for receiver routes, and he makes mental errors at inopportune times.

With him it’s the intangibles as much as anything

HomeoftheJets, Lon Chaney and Jets81 like this.
  14. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Not to mention he gets bailed out by GW quite a bit. Instead of hitting receivers in stride can't count how many often they have to jump to catch a pass. In fact this offense doesn't seem to be designed to hit anyone in stride it's find a pocket in the zone, turn around, hope Zach hits you, and immediately fall on the ground or out of bounds. YAC don't exist here unless Hall breaks one

NY Jets68 and Jets79 like this.
  15. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  16. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

NY Jets68 and BrooklynJetsFan like this.
  17. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Like milk in July.

18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I'm not absolving Zach of any blame... but the offensive scheme and the play calling does not play to the
    talent he does have.

They should be running the ball and using play action to get Zach on the move.
    Throw in some end-arounds and designed QB runs and bingo... you have an offense and an identity.

Zach is NOT a pocket passer. He doesn't read or process quick enough... plus the line sucks and we have one
    decent wideout and one decent tight-end... the rest are scrubs till proven otherwise.

Having him throw 40 times a game is a recipe for failure. Hackett is a big fat dumb ass.

BrooklynJetsFan likes this.
  19. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

He's not so fat.

20. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

The hilarity is he’s standing there trying to explain that he just didn’t throw it in there fast enough when the truth is he threw to the wrong fucking receiver based on the concept of the play. That throw should have went to the RB out of the backfield for an easy first down. The kid is a bonafide football idiot

Jets69 and BrooklynJetsFan like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.