And now for something different... Zach appreciation thread...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by burf, Oct 2, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

You can't kill a guy relentlessly for 2.5 years straight and then suddenly change your mind after one game without any blow back. This is the internet, right? WTF??

2. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

The goal posts seem to continuously move with you when it comes to Zach.

By any metric, Zach Wilson had a good game last night. 71.8% comp % and a passer rating of 105.2 are elite marks to hit. He still wasn't perfect and it's not a sure thing that he keeps this level of play up but to act like last night wasn't a good performance is just factually incorrect.

As I said in my breakdown thread, I'm still skeptical of Zach but last night was a great first step in the right direction for him.

NCJetsfan, westiedog1, Cman68 and 3 others like this.
  3. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

When it's your last time on the field and you lose, exactly what happened. You turned off the game when it was 10-0 obviously you don't know.

4. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Alright everyone, the bickering back and forth within the threads will stop. End of story.

Consider this a shot across the bow to the entire forum. We will not allow threads to continue to be derailed. Keep things civil or put posters on ignore but this stuff ends now.

5. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

Can’t be prisoner of the moment. Many a bad QB’s have had decent & good games. We play what has to be the worst Defense in the NFL
    the Broncos. Doesn’t feel the best to heap praise despite a lost but this had to be his best game in his NFL career. There should be no excuse for him not to compound on this performance against the Broncos.

ouchy, Ralebird, NY Jets68 and 2 others like this.
  6. RexontheBeach

RexontheBeach Well-Known Member

Worked out for Geno

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

Only took 10+ years no thanks

8. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

It was a nice game by him in the right direction--If he performs like this or better in Denver we should win.

NCJetsfan and KY Jets Fan like this.
  9. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

fields looked like a stud against their D for 3 quarters till he blew it in the 4thQ. the fins dropped 70 on them. zach should be able to to have a good game against them

10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

ky love ya man, its one guy that talks shit and derails everything. just saying

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  11. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

Zach looked competent most of the game and very good for a stretch during the 2nd and 3rd quarters. If he can keep that up, he's got a future. He actually had time to throw which has not been the case at all this year. But, he still has to make the throws and some of the throws when he has time. He had a stretch where he was throwing absolute dimes. He put it on the line when he ran the 2 pt conversion in, and really had it rolling. Maybe it was Rogers in the building, the team rallying around him, or just the fact that the lights came on after 20+ games. Either way, he looked like a different player out there tonight.

I have been an ardent anti zach guy, because he has been awful. To say otherwise just because of one good, not great, game would be disingenuous. It was not 300+ yards and 4 TD's in a game where he carried the team and we won. The bottom line was he still made a huge mistake and it was part of the reason (certainly not the only reason) they lost.

String a few of these together and get some wins and maybe some of the detractors will change their stripes.

12. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

There are multiple people who are antagonistic and attempt to derail every thread.

I'm not going to single any one individual out because IMO there are multiple culprits.

NCJetsfan and ouchy like this.
  13. BrowningNagle

Well said. He developed a rhythm that we had not yet seen before. We were entering the 4th quarter against NE and Dallas and he had like 7 completed passes all game. Last night he nearly exceeded that in the one drive after halftime

14. BrowningNagle

Ok, well I disagree but you guys do know best

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  15. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I appreciate your vote of confidence!

NCJetsfan and BrowningNagle like this.
  16. bicketybam

Because I disagreed with your assessment that Wilson's fumble ended the game?? That's talking shit?!

What happened to this place. The bias is unreal. I can't even disagree with what I would consider a controversial take.

My bad everyone. Zach Wilson lost the game when he fumbled mid field. We only had a paltry 7:30 left at that point and it sealed the deal.

17. BrowningNagle

nah, you talk way more shit to others. the threads just become a weird pissing match every time you enter them.

for those of us who watched the game last night though, we saw the Jets fumble on their last snap. I dont know how you can "disagree" with something that happened, but I guess if you missed the game thats another story

Ralebird likes this.
  18. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

You make dumb mistakes against elite teams with game on the line you lose , thats the point. In order to beat teams like Kc you gotta not do that shit.

19. bicketybam

Don't deflect from the issue. You're saying that if a team turns the ball over on their last offensive possession, no matter how much time is left in the game the it's the offense's (and the person who turned it over's) fault
    Time left at that point doesn't matter. That's ludicrous. Seven and a half minutes is more than enough time to get a stop and get the ball back. And the Chiefs even needed ref help.

Dodge and deflect all you want. Your take is about as bad as it gets. You have a lot of fanbois here. Let's see who backs what you are saying.

20. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

That was a fine game. I can take a 3 point loss to the current reigning "team du jour" right now. The Chiefs are this period in time's "it" team and we hung in there with a chance to win. While it's the QB's job to secure the snap, it was low-left so I'm going to lay 50-50 blame on Zach and Conner.

Having said that, I need Hackett to wake up! I didn't read through the whole thread here but did anyone notice the exact MINUTE that they started moving Zach around he became accurate and decisive. Both in the 2nd and through the 3rd he was lighting them up. The minute they went back to the traditional drop back the offense went back to three & four and outs. I think Hackett et. al. needs to go watch that tape and make the adjustments. The bar has now been set. We've seen what the kid can do. Now they need to replicate that. If we can get 4 quarters of that, from Zach, every game...we'll be in every game and should win more than we lose. Time will tell...

NY Jets68 and ColoradoContrails like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.