And now for something different... Zach appreciation thread...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by burf, Oct 2, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

That's because when you get questioned about ridiculous statements you make, you refuse to engage, just as you have here and how you never man up and support why only your opinion is not just an opinion but actually the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

#541 Ralebird, Oct 11, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2023
  2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Look at it a couple more times, you'll see that Wilson's head stays locked to the left until at least two seconds into the play when he finally moves it straight ahead, never going to the right of the left hash the play started on - blind to 60% of the playing field, Conklin and the easy six.

3. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

On the wide angle of the all22 you can see that safety was right there and would have sent GW to the hospital.

Its mind blowing that people here act like they know more about Xs & Os than multiple exprofessionals who are all in agreement that conklin wasn’t the 3rd read and that Zach missed it.

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I don't even have All22 this year and I could see it on the live broadcast. Quite easily. lol

stinkyB likes this.
  5. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

The crosser is just a runoff route to help clear the middle and the safety did exactly what they wanted him to do. Conklin was the proper read and throw and it shouldn't even really be up for debate, but somehow NCJETSFAN and GasedAndConfused know more than Woody and Rob Carpenter. What a world we live in

6. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Are we arguing this? Zach missed him end of story. He can't do that next week. We need TDs in the red zone.

7. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

You have to know what to look for....

KY Jets Fan and Pepsiguy5 like this.
  8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

he could’ve gotten him killed there

it was a lazy throw, what an asshole. Step into a throw and hit the TE like a real QB

#548 BrowningNagle, Oct 11, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2023
    IDFjet likes this.
  9. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

He gets hit immediately if he catches it. No way he scores on that play.

10. stinkyB

He wouldve used his 3.2 speed and 72" vertical to clear all the defenders on his way to the endzone!

11. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

Bottom line, there was a wide open guy in the end zone again and the quarterback missed him again. Not he made a bad throw and missed him, not that he was flushed out and didn't have time to throw to him, he just didn't see him.
    The good news is it didn't matter because the Jets won.

Pepsiguy5, Jets79 and stinkyB like this.
  12. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

You and I are in agreement I think--there's something beyond just being a bad QB with ZW. There's a lack of empathy for the other guys or something--it means little to ZW if Garrett gets walloped--nor does he particularly care about his QB play except that hes not getting accolades. Thats my perception.

13. stinkyB

That may be a little much.... I just think he doesnt see the big picture of what's going on...

Pepsiguy5, Jets79 and IDFjet like this.
  14. BrowningNagle

I have yet to see a play where Zach Wilson, from the pocket, steps into a throw and delivers a strike 15+ yards downfield despite tacking a shot. If someone has an example I'd love to see it

15. BrowningNagle

that particular play Wilson was lazy. He throws it off his back foot with a weird jump throw thing to the shorter route.

Be a professional. Drive your feet forward in the pocket and hit the open TE

Trevor Siemian does that easily and I think Siemian isn't good, hes just a professional QB.

16. stinkyB

Don't disagree with that at all, but that wasn't my point....

BrowningNagle likes this.
  17. cval

cval Well-Known Member

What? Takes like these are the ones that drive me crazy. A lack of empathy?

Let me rephrase your take. I do not like Zach Wilson personally. I think he is a bad person no matter how well he plays is irrelevant. Why, because he is just not a good person.

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  18. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I'm not going to criticize Zach for making a quick decision and getting the ball out, but I do agree that he should've seen Conklin in the EZ. Even if he was the 3rd option (or whatever option), the TD was there to be had. And yes, these are the kinds of decisions that hold Zach back. Instead of 5 FGs it could've easily been 4 FGs and a TD, at least. His failure to rack up some big games is frustrating, and here's evidence of why that is.

All that said, I do believe Zach is improving - a lot - and am hopeful that he'll learn from this...he's shown that he's learned from other mistakes.

KY Jets Fan and Jets79 like this.
  19. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

You don't speak for me although you are glib lol

cval likes this.
  20. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Seriously? I guess you haven't watched much football. Lots of Qbs - even great ones - have thrown passes that put their receiver at risk, it's part of the game. I agree that Zach should've skipped over GW and gone to Conklin in the EZ, but there was nothing sinister like a "lack of empathy" involved. I think Occam's Razor applies here: He's been drilled to get the ball out quickly, especially in the Red Zone, and he saw one of his options was open - who happens also to be the best receiver on the team - and threw it to him. (Hit him in the hands, which all the critics here fail to mention:rolleyes:). That explanation doesn't excuse him from missing the almost certain TD. He needs to see these things and capitalize, but a "lack of empathy"? Jeezus!

cval likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.