An Open Letter To All Tebow Fans

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by abyzmul, Mar 27, 2012.

1. SanityRemoved

SanityRemoved New Member

Occasionally someone will post a link to another teams board and we get to see what you have described. That's when I think, "Wow, I'm glad theganggreen isn't like that."

A big part of the problem in my mind was timing. If the Jets had done relatively well this coming season and then Tebow had become available I think the news would have been a little better received. Frustrating season, locker room dissension, pressing needs at certain positions and add to that quite a few coaching changes did not help at all to set the mood.

There was a lot of discussion about whether the Jets should pursue Manning. Then when Stanton was signed with a signing bonus no less it seemed like the quarterback issue had been solved and the Jets could attempt to fill other roster holes. Which leads us up to now.

2. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

I sense a change in tone.

3. colleen74

colleen74 Member

I just think Timmy is pretty damn cute. Is that allowed?

4. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Girls always thing gay guys are cute.

5. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

what game situations do you want? him throwing a frozen rope hitting the WR ins tride for the game winner in the playoffs against pittsburg?

the 3 straight ropes he threw against the vikings for the go ahead score in a shootout against the vikings?

the entire final series against the jets?

you want situations... the ones i put the most stock in where the drives late in games where the denver coaching staff spread it out with 4 and 5 wide recievers and allowed tebow to be aggresive in the passing game. thats playing to his strengths. and in those situations, he was very very good.

6. red 19

red 19 New Member

Not sure I follow, so my apologies....let me try another approach.

I see you are in the same mold as sooooo many Bronco fans who let one or two people dictate their views towards others. Its a shame.

7. patfanken

patfanken Banned

You can paint the pig up any way you want. But the fact remains that the Jets were 20th in the key defensive stat of all, scoring. Even the Pats managed 14th. In fact if the Pats hadn't given up 21 garbage time points to the Colts, they would have finished in the top 10. The excuses you give can be used by all D's. Every team gets stuck with short fields Live with results.

But that wasn't the only other stat that showed a continued regression from the 2009 D. The Jets were 13th in rush defense, and 17th in sacks. But most importantly the Jets D (5th overall in passing D) gave up over 700 yds passing and 67 points to the one team the Jets have to beat.

The Pats weren't alone, the Jets gave up 30+ points in 5 games last season, plus 29 to the Giants. BTW- the Pats didn't allow 30 points in ANY game last year.

The Pats have already caught up to the Jets schemes, and other teams aren't far behind. Meanwhile your LB's are getting older and less effective. Your secondary has holes at safety and depth. Laron Landry is an upgrade over Poole, but he's a hard guy to count on being on the field.

So you can see why I posted after your "glowing assessment" of the Jet defense

8. VanderbiltJets

I'm saying you went from (essentially) saying "Tebow fans are here to have a constructive discussion" to "If the Tebow fans are so stupid, why do you let it bother you?" As it is the offseason, I don't mind taking the time out of my day to criticize your unhealthily skewed point of view. Overall I disagree that each tebow fan is "different". To me a tebow-obsessee is the same as someone who wants to come on TGG and tell everyone that Landry is going to save the defense and that they're here to support Landry and they're only here because of Landry.

9. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

I posted examples of situations and got tumbleweed as a response...

10. Shiloh

Shiloh New Member

Well, Tebow turned me into a Bronco fan and I ended up falling in love with the entire team (minus the FO)...so it's not just Tebow that I like/liked. lol and I still am one even though he's not on the team.

As far as the offensive coordinator goes...I think it was just frustrating because the playcalling was SO predictable. That is what annoyed me, at least.

I'm not sure exactly how many new people signed up once Tebow joined the team, however, not all of us think he can do no wrong. I am not blind to his flaws and don't advocate booing players, etc. I just want to see him get a fair shot, that's all. Hopefully he is more welcomed here than he was in Denver.

Also, my dad is from New York and I'm a die-hard Yankee fan (not sure if that's a plus or a minus here. lol)...so ya never know...I could end up being just as big of a Jet fan when this is all said and done. :grin:

11. red 19

red 19 New Member

No I didnt essentially say that. I told you why I joined these boards- I dont speak on behalf of others, you apparently do.

I will say it again....you really should not let the views of a few dictate your thought process so much.

You (essentially) said that I had no idea about the jets and I was too sensative for criticism.......you said this to me right after your discussion with somebody else. I just happened to be the next guy who mentioned Tebow so your pre programmed defense mechanism went off. Again its shameful.

12. VanderbiltJets

Welcome. I'm looking forward to many Jets-related (and some Tebow-related) discussions with you.

13. Shiloh

Shiloh New Member

Thank you. You as well! :)

14. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

"he cant throw" is simply inaccurate. he can throw... he needs more consistency. it also hurt him that Denver didnt allow him to really throw it. late in games, when they were forced to throw, he fared a heck of a lot better.

1st 3 quarters = 147 pass attempts

4th quarters = 117 pass attempts

hard to get into a rhythm when you attempt 3.5 passes per quarter on average. weve seen him look good at times in the 4th out of those spread sets, where he is allowed to be aggressive. was he lights out? no -- but he was pretty good for a rookie

15. VanderbiltJets

Big difference between speaking on behalf of others' and interpreting what others say. Learn it.

I never "went off" on you; I responded to you after you said:

You would be correct to say I "went off on you for no reason" if I responded to your statement:

but I didn't...

Back to what I said. I was being EXTREMELY fair and reasonable by stating:
    Do you disagree?

#135 VanderbiltJets, Mar 27, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  16. whichfan

whichfan New Member

So many haters. People have a right to root for whoever they want, be it a team or a player and there's nothing wrong with either.

17. Bannon

Bannon New Member

Is that you in your avatar? Because . . . . welcome.

18. VanderbiltJets

I never once said "you have no right to root for Tebow". I did, however, ask:

; and stated:
    and
    and

19. VanderbiltJets

How to turn the 'TGG Forum' into a joke, Step 1 of 9

20. whichfan

whichfan New Member

I hope you realize you also have a choice in not reading or participating in a Tebow thread.

Clicking on discussions you don't like, reading topics you claim you are not interested in, responding, and then complaining about it....

I NEVER understood that forum mentality. Or even those that love to reply to threads and complain about them, completely missing the point that with each of their replies, all they do is bump the discussion as well as stir up additional conversation.

My advice is to start your own topic or discussion and ignore the rest. It's that simple. Rather than complain about what others are interested in discussing.

I have never, ever, EVER felt I needed to read something just because someone made a thread or because it was popular. Like if it was there, it got in my way or something. I ignore them just fine and focus on what I enjoy.

You should do the same. You'll live a happier internet life.