An Open Letter To All Tebow Fans

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by abyzmul, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

They are allowed whatever position they want, as long as it's discussed respectfully. People with different opinions and positions are what promotes discussion.

Half the Jets fans here are against what's in the best interests of the organization. :lol:

2. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

I didn't say that people aren't allowed to have certain opinions or positions.

I'm arguing why certain opinions and positions are toxic, annoying, and the epitome of logical fallacies.

3. Mantana Soss

Maybe in general, but not regarding what I took exception to.

The logic is pretty straight forward. They joined the message board for fans of the team their favorite player now plays on.

So you're worried their opinions will be skewed? Everyone's are. That's why we have labels like darksiders and sunshiners. 43 years of failing football does just as much damage to a fan's objective analysis as bias towards a favorite player.

4. VanderbiltJets

You took exception to my directness. You can take exception to my frank tone but the words were spot-on.

And it's about opinion cluttering. There's a big difference between sifting through a lot of BS posts about the Jets than sifting through a lot of BS posts about Tebow that don't belong. At least it's going to be easier to avoid the crap posts from now on (Ctrl+F "tebow). If anything it's going to be harder on the mods-- it's up to you guys to edit out "GO TEBOW!" from "Who is a better Guard: Slauson or Moore?"

I consider them closed-minded in terms of trying to engage in a football discussion. I can't have a discussion with most Tebowites about everything because my question of "How has Holmes done this year?"
    will be answered with...
    "Not as well as he could've done if Tebow played all the snaps." or "Holmes who?"

#64 VanderbiltJets, Mar 27, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  5. Mantana Soss

People at that intelligence level have posts you just skip right on by, regardless of their loyalties.

6. VanderbiltJets

You'll have to reply to my edit. I edit posts at least a few times due to multi-multitasking (not to change the intent of the post but to elaborate on what I'm saying).

7. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

All good.

That's what you consider his words to be, I consider his words to be what he actually said, and a complete crock of shit.

As to what you actually said, and are giving him credit for, I can certainly understand where yo are coming from.

Advice noted. What I'd hope that some long time Jet's fans will understand is that not all "Tebow" fans are rabid idiots who don't give a shit about the team, or that don't understand football.

For the time I was on the Denver forums, most of the Tebow fans who would post regularly through the week were people who got to know the team, wanted the team to do well, and actually knew something about football.

Some of us were actually likely to lay a little smack down on Homers who came in and said shit like "Tebow Rulez, suck it bitches".

From what I have seen so far, unless a bunch of posts have been deleted, most "Tebow fans" have been rather well mannered and are open to whatever role Tebow has with the Jets.

8. VanderbiltJets

You're right. I'm just really really peeved with anyone who puts a player above the team. I have to give everyone the benefit of the doubt at least until the season starts, but as an avid "gata" hater, I'm pessimistic on the subject.

9. catsigater

catsigater New Member

You're going to be inundated with folks who can't maintain a rational discussion about Tebow, no doubt about that. I'm guessing it won't be as bad as was on the Broncos board, but since you weren't there, you won't have that as a reference.

10. Demosthenes9

Ah, so now the truth comes out. If Tebow had won those National Champs for FSU or Miami, you'd be happy with him :)

j/k'ing.

I wouldn't say that you have to wait for the season to start, instead, just better separate the "tebow trolls" from "tebow fans" who want to be Jet fans as well :)

11. RobertPooner

RobertPooner Banned

You should also be wary of Tebow haters or rival fans posing as a "Tebowmaniac" just trying to get a rise out of you.

12. Demosthenes9

Problem is, how is one defining rational ?

I mean, I've been told that I'm a Tebow homer just because I pointed out that last year, Tebow was a young QB who had less than 16 starts and that he was essentially a rookie.

Or when I pointed out that McCoy truly sucked at play calling.

Funny thing was that there were some long time Broncos fans with 5K posts or more who agreed with me, but yet I was the irrational homer.

13. NJGREEN

NJGREEN New Member

Hey, he's a good role model and great player thats all I'm saying. Just glad to have him on board!

14. red 19

red 19 New Member

"Tebowite"........... this must be this boards rarely seen but often referenced mythical figure. This rabid beast who supposedly forces their bias will on everyone and leaves nothing but a trail of destruction right?

As a Bronco fan, I can say with 100% certainty that making up fictional characters will cause the distractions you Jets fans claim you dont want. Of course there are some idiots out there on every side of every argument, but its a YOU issue if you soley focus on them.

#74 red 19, Mar 27, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  15. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Worry not traveller, we have ways of dealing with "them"... btw, the present discriptor is "tebois" or "tebot".

16. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Abyz put you guys on notice

17. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

I hope your warning also applies to the SANCHEZ lovers! it seems that haters seem to be out in droves talking about this subject.

Here is another subject for you: I am a JETS fan and I want BOTH Tebow and Sanchez to do great and get us to the Super Bowl. I have never just been a fan of an individual player! I support the team. Does it really matter which QB gets us to the SB and wins it for us? Just saying.......

18. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Why should mods control " go tebow" posts? What am I missing here?

19. Demosthenes9

Doh, good point on The Sanchize fans/groupies/supporters :)

20. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Yanno KJ, that might be THE biggest beef most have with the new March 2012 group. They came in following Tebow without any interest at all in the New York Jets as if magically, we would all bow down to the greatness that is Tebow.

Sanchez supporters/detractors all have one thing in common. Everything related to Sanchez is linked to the team, not to Sanchez specifically. He screws up, the team loses. He has a good game, the team has a good game. When it comes to Tebow, we can only surmise given the cult like following he has, if Tebow saves a game, Tebow wins. If Tebow loses a game, the Jets lose a game..

Get my drift old buddy?