AMC's The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Mr Electric, May 11, 2010.

1. Barcs

Barcs Banned

This episode seemed to follow the same formula as many lately. Slow start, a decent high point in the middle, and a really good ending. The invasion was a joke, though. They had like 30 people and didn't even seem to try. It lasted like 5 minutes total. At first I was like, "WTF" and then it led to the governor shooting his own people, which justified that, I suppose. I'm glad they didn't kill him off yet. He's a good character. Andrea's death was shocking but satisfying. I thought she'd be the last person to be written off the show, but wow. 2 of the characters I couldn't stand (Lori & Andrea) actually got killed this season. Usually the characters I hate stay till the end and my favorites die! This episode showed just how twisted the governor really is. They did a good job with that, although Andrea seriously is stupid as fuck. She's sitting there doing nothing in the chair but staring at the other dude for 10 minutes without even trying to pick up the pliers. She pretty much defined the word useless and she died because of it. And to think she could have prevented it all. I kind of like that theme, and it goes along with Carl gunning down the innocent kid before. I think we'll see more of that theme next season. Don't take chances, because if you do, you could pay the price.

2. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

Ok as an episode, but a terrible finale. They should have switched last week and this one.

3. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

On TV, Maggie is the sharp shooter. She is the TV version of comic book Andrea in that respect.

4. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

5. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

hahahhaa poeman I don't want to take up too much space and quote that, but that was pretty much what I was thinking...as somebody who hasn't really watched the show until this season, I couldn't help but think WHY THE FUCK ARENT THOSE PEOPLE SHOOTING HIM!? The governor is obviously batshit insane, and they could have easily taken him out but nooooo...ugh such unrealistic shit.

6. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Yeah that bothered me too. Especially since he was probably going back to Woodbury.

7. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Well based on the ending they never went back to Woodbury

8. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Agreed as I don't until after I watched the weeks episode, that said there are some who read the comics and are pretty much giving away whats to come which I'd rather not know about :)

9. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

At this point I think they have diverged enough away from the comics that all that can be spoiled is maybe some general info like locations.

10. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

Didn't get a chance to watch TWD finale until late Monday and then rewatched the last two episodes last night. The finale was good, but not great. The biggest problem with this show is that it is very uneven. I think it suffers a bit from having too many directors. 11 different people directed 16 episodes this season. I know that other shows make this work (like Breaking Bad), but for a show that hinges so much on visual imagery, I think continuity of direction would help. I think they would be better off with only 5-6 people directing episodes.

Glad Andrea is gone. Not sure how I feel about expansion of the group....I guess it provides some "red shirts" for zombie fodder. Glad The Governor is still alive....great villain. However, the episode peaked too early and then sort of meandered to the end.

Overall, the best season of the series to date. Looking forward to it's return next fall.

11. Royal Tee

Totally agree with that right there...

When It ended me and the wifey looked at each other like "was that the whole episode?" lol

12. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Last week I read the part in the comic with Michonne and the Governor. All I can say is WOW! I hope they incorporate that into the next season. That was INTENSE!!!!

13. Royal Tee

Cheater!!!!!!

14. Murrell2878

The stories mirror each other, but are definitely not the same. But the part w/ Michonne and the Governor was CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And the attack on the prison in the comic was pretty crazy too

15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

She's so hot when she's not on the show.

I have never once found her attractive during the TWD.

BTW... there was a link to how Christina Aguilera is hot again. She doesn't look hot and I don't think she ever will again. That fatness and having shit dripping down her leg ruined any sexy she will ever have again.

#1237 abyzmul, Sep 27, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
    Sundayjack likes this.
  16. Murrell2878

Absolutely! She has a smoking body! Great to look at too. She is definitely out of Glenn's league!!

BTW - Walking Dead is only a few weeks away!!

17. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I had mix feelings for this show as it came to an end last season. I couldn't stand the Governor v Rick storyline anymore. I want to see some Zombies ripping peoples arms and legs off. Or Rick and Glenn putting bullets in Zombies heads. This season really looks like that is what it's going to be. I'm excited as can be now after watching the trailers and TV commercials they put on AMC.

18. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

Forgot to post this a couple of weeks ago:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/09/16/walking-dead-spin-off/

Might be overkill, but could be cool if they are in a great setting. Would love to see a group of Americans in Europe.