Alright, I give. Tebow is already a giant pain in the ass. I think I hate him.

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by PolygamyWinsChampionships, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Last I checked, fullbacks usually don't stand in a pocket, hoping to be protected by the likes of Orlando Franklin, who's sole purpose in life seems to be getting blown up by DE's and LB's, giving up sacks.

Pound for pound, Tebow IS one of the toughest guys on the field and anyone who has a shred of knowledge will tell you that. The guy is a horse.

2. whichfan

whichfan New Member

Are you talking about the defense that ended up #2 in yards per point efficiency in the league, with the #2 defending starting field position, 11th in points allowed(good defenses don't stop playing after 16 games), #4 in takeaways, kept Denver to 10 points, Ravens to 17 and Giants to 21 points in the SuperBowl for an average of 16 points per game in the postseason which is good enough to rank #3 in the NFL and got enough stops in order for the offense to outscore their opponents by 171 points, also #3 in the NFL?

That defense? And that team?

I got a better idea. Why don't you consider learning football, start understandings stats that matter, and then maybe you'll develop a sense and an idea of what is important in football and you can stop confusing yourself with numbers and statistics when it comes sports.

Or you can continue spouting the most meaningless stats that have nothing to do with how good or bad a defense is or with winning or losing a football game. Hey, while you are at it, go ahead and start tracking how many kilometers a soccer defense gives up, how many miles a hockey team allows players to skate around the ring, and how many times a basketball team dribbles the ball.

And I didn't say Tebow was a fullback, I said he runs and is built like a fullback and if your understanding of Tebow and his rushing ability is the same as being able to judge the Patriots defense, or knowing which stats are important for rating defenses, than I can completely understand where you're coming from and not really worth debating any further with you.

#162 whichfan, Apr 7, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
  3. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/personal-attack.html

4. Slap

Slap New Member

I say you should take his dick out of your mouth and stop letting the clueless assholes from Football Outsiders dictate your specious arguments. It makes you look even dumber and more grasping than the average Tetard.

5. Slap

Slap New Member

Orlando Franklin played very well as a rookie offensive tackle. He's a dominant run blocker with a mean streak. Sadly, he had to protect a guy who has no pocket presence and is only capable of locking onto his primary receiver and staring him down while he delivers a wobbly Kilmeresque duck that generally misses by ten feet.

6. whichfan

whichfan New Member

Please don't talk to me about Football Outsiders. I could give a rats ass about fantasy football which is about the level of respect I have for DVOA. I have common sense, 4th grade math ability.

But it may do you some good. It makes you look like you have 0 brains if you still believe the Patriots have anything other than a top NFL defense. Maybe you should sent Bill Belichick an email and alert him on the fact his defense gave up yards so he should stop loading up on offense. Because it doesn't appear like they give a fuck.

In all your years of using your yards stats did you ever bother to stop and wonder how come it never translates to winning?

#166 whichfan, Apr 7, 2012
  7. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

The issue here isn't whether or not they're bad, but exactly how bad they are. While there's consensus about their ineptness (and I don't think anyone disagrees), we need to decipher exactly how degenerate they are.

8. Bannon

Bannon New Member

Bookmarked. Thanks for the link. :up:

I think they should go pack to teaching pure reason in public schools. The internet has opened up a form of conversation that had died away, but the vast majority of Americans are unable to forum a coherent thought, much less a coherent argument.

9. Demosthenes9

He's a traditional right tackle who had very questionable pass blocking skills, especially with being the blind side protector for a left handed QB.

Go watch the Pats game, they blew him up repeatedly.

10. Slap

Slap New Member

I'll go rewatch that game right after I take a cheese grater to my dick.

11. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

U just made it official u dont have any knowledge about football. They where rank 31st in the NFL and could not stop Giants in that 95 yard drive to win the SUPER BOWL. Damn dude u really are in love with Tebow.

12. Demosthenes9

Whatever works for ya.

13. whichfan

whichfan New Member

In what, yards?

Let me know when that becomes the stat that actually measures defenses(let alone total defense). When we start determining winners in football based on the number of yards given up or gained you might come close to whatever your interpretation is of football actually being right.

In the mean time, once again, learn more about the sport you love so much. Particularly, try to understand why it's no different than any other sport, and that what matters most, like any other competitive sport on the planet, is scoring. Points. Gained or allowed. That's what PRIMARILY decides how good an offense or defense is.

It amazes me how misunderstood football is and how just deeply ingrained brainwashing is in the general public. You are willing to swear up and down by that yards measurements, in spite of logic, common sense, and the sick amount of evidence to the contrary.

You know they ranked 11th in points allowed: http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/team-stat/scoring-defense-category

You know they are ranked 31st in yards. You know we count points in football.

But everytime you have to pick a stat to measure something in football you will pick yards! It's a sub-stat. It's secondary. It will never supersede what the points categories say.

Do. You. Understand?

And it does not even measure the team's total defense.

#173 whichfan, Apr 7, 2012
  14. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Dude I see there no point in talking to u when it comes to Tebow. Ok we all see it ur in love with Tebow and good luck maybe u will become Gaybow next lover.

15. Slap

Slap New Member

He posts 18 times a day about Tebow on this forum alone. That doesn't account for the other internet forums he frequents or the hand written, tear stained love letters he sends him.

16. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

this guy claiming he's an atheist...i dunno

i see a combination of an eggheady know-it-all and a closet bible-thumper

17. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

"pure" reason is wonderful for ivory towers and mr spock but has little to do with reality

18. Fightin'JetTitan

Fightin'JetTitan Active Member

In ALL my years being a JET-JUNKIE, never EVER have I've been so totally PISSED THE EFF OFF by ANY Jet mgmt, player-personnel acquisition/trade/draft pick/waiver claim, etc., than this decision to bring this "Te-Blow(me)" crap to my JETS!!!!

All I gotta' say is "Mark, BRING IT"!!! Do ALL ya' gotta' do to keep this fool on the sidelines holding a clipboard for the ENTIRE SEASON!

I believe in U Mark; This is YOUR YEAR..............!

Get it DONE & get it DONE RIGHT!

'Nuff said!

19. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

People that are trying to sell Pee Ess Ells care. People that want to develop the Jets brand, and all that entails care.

Do you see why that makes me have concerns?

20. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

This is one of the sharper replies in the thread. Wish I had noticed it before, this is the type of discussion I was hoping for.

The unspoken reasoning behind your post is similar to the unspoken implication of mine. It's the reason I went back and added that picture of Gosling in Drive to the end of the OP.

The world is about to bring everything they've got to throw at Sanchez. They're going to try to snuff out his existence. It is known.

But there he sits, hands firmly on the wheel. Enemies in his sights. If his nerves are as strong as he showed them to be in the playoffs; if his actions are swift and true, this will be a game changer. If he comes out guns blazing he'll quash all but the most rabid of the dissenters. He'll permanently solidify himself as the franchise Qb we've been seeking for decades. Not to mention he'll have the added offensive weaponry of his Jesus loving homeboy at his disposal.

I feel this is the true heart of the issue. It isn't Woody and his PSL's. It isn't Tanny and his flair for the dramatic. This is about the top brass pushing all their chips to the center on Sanchez.

They gave him three years to get his feet wet. They gave him the head of the dread-beast named Schotty. They love what they've seen so far. How can they not? 2 AFCCG's and one injury/OL stunted season for an underaged and under-experienced Qb? You'd have to be a Jet fan to not be impressed.

Now they've brought in the last fail-safe. They've put his feet to the fire. They need the results now before the tide turns, and they believe he's ready to give them those results.

For all of the controversy this move will create, it's really just adding a dynamic weapon to the roster that most teams couldn't incorporate themselves. All Sanchez has to do is put Tebow in his place.

If Tebow replaces Sanchez, Tanny will have bet the house and lost on the California kid. To bring Tebow in here, he's betting at least as much on Sanchez as Tebow. It's really much, much more though in my opinion. He could have stood pat with unknown backups to give him one more year. He didn't.

They're willing to risk unparalleled cluster-fuck chaos to push Sanchez and bring in a big improvement to one of the pieces of the puzzle.

The more I look, the more I see this move as an act of faith in Mark Sanchez.

#180 PolygamyWinsChampionships, Apr 8, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2012