Alright, I give. Tebow is already a giant pain in the ass. I think I hate him.

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by PolygamyWinsChampionships, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

The Stillers defense didn't pay attention. What's really ironic is that Timmie's only "good" game in his last 5 came against the best defensive team. The Pats and the Bills had really, really stinky pass defenses, and Timmie made them look all world. :lol:

Timmie threw for 40.8% completions, 3 TDs, 5 INTs, and < 180 yards per game (despite his 316 yards against Pitt) in his last 5 games in which the Donkeys went 1-4. I don't believe he completed even half his passes in any of those games.

The Pats, Bills, and Chiefs all used the same formula to take Timmie and the Donkeys to the woodshed for a whipping (41-23, 40-14, 7-3, 45-10): contain Timmie so he's forced to pass and stick close to his receivers so they can't adjust to catch his errant throws. As I said, the Stillers didn't pay attention.

2. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

:lol: So, what happened in Buffalo? Your hero threw 4 INTs, 2 for pick sixes. How the hell does a QB NOT see a big ol' dude like Spencer Johnson right there in his face? :eek:hmy:

3. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

I'd wager that most people would attribute that to a problem with his mechanics/footwork.

4. Demosthenes9

Then maybe the OC should have been trying something else in those games ? heck, look at what you just said, "stick close to his receivers". Probably would have helped a young QB to have receivers actually getting open.

5. Demosthenes9

He three int's iirc. What happened there is that they got behind and for the first time that I am aware of, Tebow did something he's never done, which is to take wild chances trying to bring a team back. In the end, he played a bad game.

Wow, amazing, Tebow had a bad game.

Crucify him.

Hmmm, let's go back to Oct 18th, 2009. Mark Sanchez threw 5 INTs against Buffalo while racking up a 34.5% comp percentage.

See, QBs can have bad games.

And isn't that the same Buffalo team that intercepted Tom Brady 4 times earlier in the season ?

See, QBs can have bad games. Shocking, huh ?

6. Slap

Slap New Member

As per usual, the Tebow fan with his excuses. John Elway was the most sacked quarterback in NFL history, but he retired as the all time leader in wins by a starting quarterback. You need to sack up, son. The other team is trying to win, too.

7. Slap

Slap New Member

And more BS excuses. The mantra of the Tebowite. Remember Jets fans, it will always be someone else's fault. Always.

8. Demosthenes9

Funny you mentioned Elway. In his first season as a starter, he went 4-8 :)

9. Demosthenes9

Kind of common sense that there are reasons that OCs are fired and new guys are brought in. Doncha think ?

10. FakeSpike13

FakeSpike13 Banned

Haha..yeah the Steelers, a team that was the defending AFC Champs and has been pretty dominant over the last decade just simply didn't "pay attention." Dick LeBeau didn't pay attention to what the Bills and KC did....hahah that's absurd..

As for the first Pats game, Tebow actually didn't play that bad at all. If my memory serves me correct, the Broncos were actually up in that game 23-10 or something like that before they fumbled on 3 straight drives (1 fumble by Tebow, 2 fumbles by other players), and then Brady did what Brady does and carved up the Broncos D the rest of the game.

Tebow's questionable performance over the last few games of the regular season would have just been chalked up to "growing pains" if it were any other young QB....

11. FakeSpike13

FakeSpike13 Banned

There are just as many excuses for why the Broncos were winning with Tebow from the anti-Tebow crowd as there are excuses from the pro-Tebow crowd.

12. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

It's called a bad game. Brady threw 4 ints against the Bills also. QBs have bad games, just not usually 8 in a row after getting a big contract like Fitzpatrick did.

13. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Same excuses used by your anti tebow cult to explain away every win and water down whatever contribution Tebow had for the win.

14. Slap

Slap New Member

Tim is the one who belongs to a cult that celebrates human sacrifice. I'm merely reporting the facts about his football ability.

15. Slap

Slap New Member

Funny you should welcome a comparison between the number one overall pick Hall of Famer to a guy who just got peddled for two second day draft choices.

16. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Brees, 8-8

17. Demosthenes9

You call what you have been spreading around this site "facts" ? That's hilarious.

That's the best you can come back with ?

If John Elway the QB had played for John Elway, the FO exec, he would probably have been traded after his first year as his stats were terrible and there was little indication that he had any football talent other than a rocket arm and an unstoppable will.

Elway didn't know how to stay in the pocket and throw the ball and he damned sure didn't know how to read defenses during his first season.

18. Demosthenes9

True. We could also look at both of the Manning brothers and any number of other "top tier QBs" who took some time to develop.

This isn't to say that Tebow WILL end up being a great QB. He might end up being a bust.

But, it's silly to even think about passing judgement after the kid has had a whopping 16 starts under his belt and NO offseason as a starter.

19. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

Shows how much you know about the NFL, sweetpea.

Dick LeBeau's Ds live and die by the blitz. It's why Pitt is sometimes called "Blitzburgh". Blitzing Tebow is the wrong thing to do because you need to have DBs out in the secondary to catch those errant Tebow ducks, but Pitt thought they could do what other teams couldn't. That's called arrogance.

The crappy pass Ds of the Pats and Bills were successful because they wanted Timmie to pass. One of the advantages of having a crappy pass defense is that your team gets used to using schemes to make up for deficiencies -- plus your DBs are in good shape from chasing receivers all over the field, so they had no problem sticking with the Donkeys' receivers. :wink:

You call it "growing pains", and I call it the reality that teams figured Timmie out.

20. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

Actually it was 4 losing games out of 5 played, and 5 crappy outings in a row for Timmie. Despite managing to throw for 316 yards in 5 quarters, Timmie only completed 10 passes and only 6 the week before against KC. Y'know, sometimes even blind squirrels and really crappy QBs get lucky ... :lol:

I'm NOT pretending that Ryan Fitzpatrick is God's own gift to professional football. However, he's definitely a better QB than Timmie, but then, I think that Brad Smith might be, too, if he practiced at it some.