Alright, I give. Tebow is already a giant pain in the ass. I think I hate him.

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by PolygamyWinsChampionships, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

I have never denied that my Bills have had a crappy team in past seasons. Hopefully, "had" is the operative word since, unlike the Jests, they have been busy this off-season attempting to fix their worse problems rather than wasting draft picks and cap space on a publicity move.

Secondly, the Bills' "plan" for selling more season tix (they don't do PSLs) is to build a winning football team with sound football moves, not attempt to fool fans with publicity stunts. Signing Mario Williams will make the Bills pass rush better, and it has already increased season ticket sales.

2. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

I've been waiting for you to make that exact post since I made mine. Guess it took quite a while to let it percolate and figure out what to say?

Sadly, I don't have the time right now to adequately explain the logic 101 concepts that you weren't able to grasp before you opened the textbook to the end and found Occam's razor.

Don't worry though. I'll spell it out for you later tonight. Thanks for playing.

Btw, I don't really know how else to reply to the things you say sometimes. Anything but the blunt truth just seems to be downplaying the hilarity of your logic at times. I really try to just skip over your posts as much as I can to avoid this.

I don't hate you. It's just your mouth.

3. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

You are an idiot plain and simple. You go on about nothing.

I don't post on weekends. I responded to your post when I first read it. It did not take any great consideration. Giggling indeed.

Saying that Woody owns the team and wants to run it as a circus IS a simple and logical explanation for all that is happening. There is no more simple explanation that can truly explain what has been going on.

I make this point, and you respond with a personal attack.

If you think Woody is doing a great job, and that all that the FO is doing, has done, makes sense to you, you are entitled to your opinion.

Even if it is idiotic.

4. catsigater

catsigater New Member

It's statements like this that make rational Tebow fans cringe.

5. Slap

Slap New Member

Did you ask a rational Tebow fan his opinion, Tetard?

6. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Enough with the personal attacks - keep it to football talk.

7. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Why ? It's certainly true that Tebow has an inherent advantage. That said, he also has some disadvantages.

His advantage is that he is stronger and more physical than any other dual threat QB out there. When Vick takes off, you pray that he doesn't get hurt, yet again. Vick is tall and thinly built. He's a faster runner, but he can't take the hits. RG3 is built much the same way.

With Tebow, when he hits the second level, you almost have to be more worried about whether the DBs can take the hits that he can hand out.

His big disadvantage is that the other dual threat QBs are better polished passers at this point.

8. catsigater

catsigater New Member

Cam Newton is bigger and faster than, and every bit as "physical" as Tebow.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-oqggi2skg

9. Demosthenes9

Cam definitely has size and is faster, but I don't know that he is as physical or as strong as Tebow. Would be kind of interesting to see them going head to head in running/tackling drills and see who wins. :)

But yes, if there's any dual threat QB close to, equal, or even more physical than Tebow, it would be Cam.

The vid that you linked to of Cam was kind of meh, as #15 wasn't squared up on him.

I'll try to find the vid of Tebow really running over LSU's All American LB. Was a straight on hit and Tebow drove him back like 5 yards :)

10. Demosthenes9

Haven't found the LSU one yet, but here's an FSU defender getting completely trucked:

[YOUTUBE]r-jSnoxJ1zM[/YOUTUBE]

And here's Eric Berry of UT getting bulldozed:

[YOUTUBE]r6hZsD_awY4[/YOUTUBE]

11. catsigater

catsigater New Member

We can play that game all day.

I stand by my original comment...

"Cam Newton is bigger and faster than, and every bit as "physical" as Tebow"...

which was in response to the ludicrous assertion that Tebow is stronger and more physical than any other dual threat QB out there.

Tebow hasn't any physical advantage over Newton when it comes to playing the QB position.

12. Demosthenes9

Last time I checked, "bigger and faster" does not equate to stronger and that is why I disagreed with your contention that Newton was "every bit as physical" as Tebow.

Heck, even Vic Lombardi called this one:

https://twitter.com/#!/VicLombardi/statuses/148513855348289536

13. Slap

Slap New Member

And Tebow lasted 13 games before he got hurt last year. He's a regular Brett Favre on the durability scale, alright.

14. Demosthenes9

And where was Tebow when he got injured ? In the FREAKING POCKET. Yet another reason to move him out of the pocket as much as possible.

Thanks for playing :)

15. Slap

Slap New Member

The place where you find actual NFL quarterbacks. If he could read defenses he wouldn't absorb so many hits. Which means you better get used to it.

The book to beating him is the same one used against another NFL oddity Doug Flutie. Have your pass rushers just worry about containing him in the pocket. He'll be forced to discern coverages which will mean lots of drive ending incomplete passes and, eventually, season ending sacks.

#215 Slap, Apr 10, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  16. Demosthenes9

Hmmm, imagine that. A young QB with fewer than 16 starts under his belt (at the time) had trouble reading NFL defenses. SHOCKER.

As to always finding NFL QBs in the pocket, perhaps you should tell Steve Young that. :)

As to having pass rushers merely contain Tebow, yeah, the Steelers tried that and he ended their season by dropping 316 yards on them in his 16th NFL start.

17. Slap

Slap New Member

He has trouble making reads most NFL quarterbacks figured out in high school.

18. Demosthenes9

You can't even begin to support or backup that statement.

19. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

How about that low completion percentage for starters. And that his productivity declined as last season went on.

20. whichfan

whichfan New Member

And if Denver's offensive line didn't resemble Swiss Cheese and didn't depend on Tebow's rushing to save them all season they may have been remotely competitive against the Patriots defense and that probably wouldn't have happened either.

Tebow wasn't "contained" in the pocket. He got absolutely drilled in the pocket. They couldn't even slow down Patriots penetration, let alone stop it.

[​IMG]
    But maybe Manning's reading abilities is going to fix untouched defenders...he didn't really even have to hustle to get to Tebow.

#220 whichfan, Apr 10, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2012