All we've been begging for is average QB play and folks are complaining?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JStokes, Sep 21, 2015.

1. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

he left 21 points on the field. but he didnt give up 21 points like geno would have.

id rather win 20-7 then lose like 24-3 with my qb throwing tons of stupid picks

ajax likes this.
  2. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Sorry im not jumping on the Fitz bandwagon hes not good. Im sorry.

BleedGreen89 likes this.
  3. jetfan59

jetfan59 Well-Known Member

They should have scored more points, but this team can't be one dimensional. This team has to keep running the ball as long as the game is close.

4. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Colts fans are starting to think Luck is overrated.

Obviously they haven't seen a bad QB. They haven't suffered much, I see that.

P.S.

We all know what Fitzpatrick is - a limited QB that will rarely make bad decisions.
    Sure, he will leave some points on the field, but he won't turn the ball over in the dumbest way. [i.e. inside his 20 through dumb pick. Yeah. Like Geno did 3 times at the start of a single game.] True, this is a team game, but you really don't want a QB that keeps on making dumb mistakes one after another. [Read: GeNO.] It doesn't matter how much physical talent one has. If he keeps costing the team, he's sitting.

5. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Some of you people are ignoring many factors that led into Fitz having some trouble tonight. The running game was non existent. The screen game was non existent and many throws were dropped.

Did Fitz make a couple mistakes? Sure he did. But it gets very difficult when everytime you run the ball, your back only gains a yard or two.

In order for a QB to have a great game, there must be a healthy balance between the run and the pass. We didn't have that balance tonight outside of garbage time minutes. Fitz came out and controlled the game when it could have easily spiraled out of control. I LOVE what he did and am damn proud to have a guy like him behind center right now

6. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Stafford throws balls into triple coverage and Megatron catches 7 TDs in those situations.

_

7. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

I'm happy with Fitz, and just hope nothing goes bad enough that Smith ever starts again. Fingers crossed, we have seen the last of Geno at QB for the Jets.

8. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Where are you coming from with this nonsense?. We did not expect him to be Brady. He buried a laser to Decker that he dropped and a perfect TD to Marshall to win the game with essentially no fucken running game for almost four quarters. Do you really think that there is someone out there that we can have better, Geno included, that could have read their defense schemes as well as he did and deliver accordingly. Yeh he made some mistakes, but not god awful errors ala Geno. We all know he is not the long term solution but it is exactly what the doctor ordered until either Geno shows he has half a brain to go with his arm or we wait for Petty.
    Enjoy the win and stop trying to hope for someone that is just not there to be had.

#48 LAJet, Sep 22, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
  9. NYJ79

NYJ79 Well-Known Member

12 wins is what I WANT (and a SB would be nice of course :) ), this is about what I realistically EXPECT with this roster and this QB, with our schedule and the competition from the rest of the AFC. I've seen enough of Fitz to know what he is and isn't, he's mediocre but competent enough that this team should have a very high floor of wins, but he's not elite, so I expect a low ceiling. Although with the state of the NFC East and one of the allegedly tougher games on the schedule cleared, it may be time to adjust my preseason hopes upward.

10. JStokes

No one is saying he's good.

Average gets us to the playoffs.

Our alternative is way below average.

_

NY Jets68 and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  11. Revis Now Redux

Revis Now Redux Active Member

If Decker is healthy and Devin smith returns next week, i think Fitz will be even better.

12. TheCleaner

TheCleaner Active Member

Am I missing something ? or did we lose today ?

jxc likes this.
  13. zace

zace Well-Known Member

dude he has no arm. Seriously nothing you say will change that.

14. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

Marshall no Megatron. Other then that throw Fitz played a nice game.

15. RexontheBeach

RexontheBeach Well-Known Member

Brutal reality

[​IMG]

Footballgod214 likes this.
  16. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Jets have 2 QBs.

1 QB has no arm.
    1 QB has no brain.

So you will go with the QB with no brain? That's fucking brilliant, I gotta tell ya.

17. TheCleaner

TheCleaner Active Member

Oh that's right we won, even when our running game sucked.
    give it a rest guy's and enjoy the win

nycarl likes this.
  18. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

I think Fitz is better than either we or any of the analysts give him credit for. He's had the misfortune of being given control of teams in utter chaos and with very few weapons or offensive linemen to protect him. Also, remember the last time we picked up a journeyman veteran QB with an average-at-best career, his name was Vinny and he gave us the best season we've had since 1968. Also, remember the Falcons went 14-2 and went to the Super Bowl with Chris Chandler at QB, the Ravens won the Super Bowl with Trent Dilfer, and the Bucs won the Super Bowl with Brad Johnson. I'm not saying this is without a doubt our year, but I am saying don't count out Fitzpatrick possibly being a longer term and more effective solution than we expected.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  19. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Youre not exactly a good judge of talent so ill ignore you.

20. JStokes

Every QB in every game in the history of the NFL has made a bad throw.

_