All things Tebow Part Deux-Please post your Tebow thoughts here

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by rickjet, Mar 22, 2012.

1. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Anyone who says this is the "worst move in Jets history" has a personal vendetta against Tebow. No f'in way does this come even close. Pretty soon you're gonna tell me that getting Tebow is worse than not getting Marino.

2. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

Yeah. Well I wasn't one of those who said Sanchez was fragile or needed to be pushed at all...

IMO, a MAN, who has 1 more season maybe 2 to prove he belongs in the NFL at all is being Pushed more than any man can be already.

I thought all along that the Sanchez needs pushing stuff was pure Bull Shit. Guy is a season away from being a WR coach at USC. THAT IS MOTIVATION....

NEVER wanted Sanchez - But, JESUS - Develop a QB the right way - Give him what he needs- give him what he didn't have last year - Give him 150% SUPPORT and whatever the F he wants and needs fro one more season and then cut ties and try again...

But, please don't become the laughing stock Circus Side show of the NFL.

PLEASE!!!!!!!!

3. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

LITTLE to do with Tebow and more to do with my beliefs on how you develop and help an NFL grow.....

Never wanted Sanchez but, if you trade UP and spend what you did on Cali-Boy and you don't give him 100% support and what he needs to grow then THAT IS ONE OF THE WORST DECISIONS AS FRANCHISE ONE CAN MAKE......

Eli would never have become Eli with this Freak show organization pulling the legs out like they are here. FACT!

4. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

Dear Woody, if you let your fan dictate the direction of your team, you're a fucking idiot. If any fan of your team believes he has the right or is entitled to sway who you sign and/or draft, please disregard that person as a complete fucking buffoon. Thanks. Stay green.

-SJ

5. asbcheeks

asbcheeks Member

[​IMG]

6. HOI

HOI Active Member

I just read that post as that Chris Farley character and pissed my pants

7. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

Protesting does work...

Our owner called up one protester and spoke with him for 27 minutes about the team...

8. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

9. Reece

Reece Banned

lol....real ish

10. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

I have never in 35 years of watching NFL football seen fans trying to protect a QBs psyche as much as I have seen in the last few days .

I have more faith in Sanchez than some of you. I have seen most of the jets games Sanchez has played in and I do not believe Sanchez to be the delicate wall flower some of you are trying to protect.

Sanchez THRIVES under pressure having played his best football under the intense lights of the post season.

If he feels pressure now GREAT , he will respond just like he did in post season.

I'll tell you what a superbowl start is a lot more pressure than having Tebow behind you.. A super bowl visit could literally come just once in a generation for a fan base, make sure Sanchez is up for it.

11. NYDeadEye

NYDeadEye Member

I love this fanbase.

Pre-tebow: WE NEED SOMEONE TO PUSH MARK!!!111one!!

Post-Tebow: WTF We NEED TO GIVE SANCHEZ OUR FULL SUPPPORTT WTFBBQOMG!!!

Tim Tebow is a Back up QB who will fill the niche of Brad Smith in the wild cat. If you don't like the circus he brings, then shut the fuck up about it, because you're perpetuating it.

It's sad we need a fan of another team to state this to our own fanbase.

#91 NYDeadEye, Mar 24, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  12. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

Dear Woodrow, Why is it we have the Best Fans and at the same time we have the most Gutless non-loyal shitheads ever to cheer for you Football team. I realize that you are running a business and a Business is meant to be profitable , so I hope you do make money. I for one am quite pleased we got Tim Tebow and if you had some input into this ; Id like to thank you! The Jets fans that know anything about the team they root for know that we missed not having Brad smith and the ability to actually make a defense guess what was actually coming rather then knowing almost immediately what to do. Tim Tebow should be able to restore that offensive ability and extend drives. Mr. Johnson please contact the people you know in the media and stop them from reporting non-fact based assumptions as truth ; such as " source Say's Tebow after Sanchez starting Job" when we both know its someones opinion and not based in any fact.

I will say that Mike Tannenbaum has made and not made some big decisions. he is bringing in some of our important need position players and full judgement cannot be placed until we are about to kick off the season , but I wouldn't blame you if you fired him if he doesn't deliver and we enter the season unprepared personnel wise and shit the bed again.

To end Id just like to thank you for bringing us a Good product year after year. I understand that you have no way of knowing how someone will perform or who will get hurt or miss a god dame field goal......Or something similar along those lines. I'll be here year after year and will indoctrinate my offspring to be Loyal Jets fan's.

You Loyal soldier June-Joe Bronx New York 2199 Holland ave

#92 JUNJOBX2199, Mar 24, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  13. SanityRemoved

SanityRemoved New Member

You really answered the stupidity of this whole thing. If Tanny hadn't been chasing Nnamdi and ignoring his own players, Brad Smith would still be here. If you attempt to fix a problem by substitution, you do it one piece at a time. That is what Schotty out and Sparano in was supposed to take care of. But Tanny had already complicated matters by not taking a few minutes out of his busy day to sign Smith and introduced more variables to the problem. Since we already ran the wild cat last season with players that could be useful at other positions there was no need to bring in Tebow. No matter how much money Tebow brings into the Jets the amount of the cap remains the same.

14. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

We won 8 games without Smith and we went to back to back AFC championship games with him...I have no idea what Tanny is thinking but maybe he thinks we can win a few more games with somebody that can play that part of the game again.

15. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

woody stopped reading letters since he got one that said:

" i resign as h.c. of the n.y.j.":lol:

16. MoWilkShakes

MoWilkShakes Active Member

RIP chris...

17. SanityRemoved

SanityRemoved New Member

I think there was a little bit more than one player that affected last seasons wins and losses.

18. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

Thanks for the level-headed posts this past week. Nevertheless, the issue I have with your above post is that the Jets didn't need help in the redzone last year. They were #1 in the league (and yes I realize that Plaxico will be gone).

However, what the Jets needed on offense last year was more consistency. Unfortunately, that's not what Tebow brings (or at least that is not what he brought last year). For all of the Broncos late game late game heroics he couldn't move the Bronco's consistently. They led the league the league in three in out and they had more punts (#2 in the league) than the Jets (~#4 or #5 in the league) in 2011. Again, I realize that you can say that Tebow was used incorrectly last year until the Broncos had to let him do "his" thing. Well, many people on here were saying almost the same exact same thing about Sanchez (and Schotty).

Now I'm not going to say that Tebow can't get more consistent throwing the ball. Hell, I hope Sanchez develops his consistency, and I don't think anyone on this forum can guarantee one way or the other how the Jets QB's will perform next year. What I believe people against this trade don't like is the inconsistency of the FO and the fact that while it could work out there is a good chance that it could blow up in their face (as every move can). First they give Sanchez a guarranteed extension essentially saying "We believe in you" and then bring a very polarizing figure at his position. If you want to get value of your recent choice to guarantee Sanchez over the next two years you have to hope that he's a successful starter.

The issue that a few of us have expressed is that if the Jets will have a very difficult time strattling the fence. Let's say they start off slow even though Sanchez performs well - let's say he has a QBR (for lack of a better stat) of 85-90 and has a 2:1 TD:INT ratio, limiting his fumbles - the Jets will still be in a position where the Tebow factor will weigh extremely heavy on the coaching staff. And if that's the case and the impending move to Tebow (I know we're all speculating here) isn't completely successful then you have an incredible mess in 2013 with Tebow's salary escalators in tact and Sanchez' guaranteed salary.

19. ILL-AL

ILL-AL Active Member

The sky is falling!

20. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

that's just god riding a cloud down from heaven to watch tebow play football.