All things Tebow Part Deux-Please post your Tebow thoughts here

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by rickjet, Mar 22, 2012.

1. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Woody is full of shit.

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Evidently this Ownership and FO cares or they wouldn't have: Taken a 2.5mil cap hit on him, give up 2 dp's AND Have a news conference to introduce the "backup QB" who flew into town on a private jet.

4. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

It's his jet, so what? They only care about Tebow for what he can do in unique down and distance situations. Their cap hit is 1.5 million as far as I know..see below...unless you have something different. They are paying Eric Smith and Wayne Hunter more than that...this is really a lot about nothing but leave it to the people here to make it so..they always do.

http://www.nyjetscap.com/salary.html

5. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

i guess you're right when it's happening during a wet dream, but in the real world, tebow isn't accurate enough to even be relied on to hit an open reciever. but you can continue to beat it and dream!

6. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

:lol:

Yeah, it's purely a "football decision" because backup QBs get announced in press conferences all the time. this team is a trainwreck (or jets crash) in the making :sad:

7. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

Awesome thread idea. Would be happy to add my $.02 to this time capsule:

Mark Sanchez will continue to show satisfactory or greater than satisfactory progress and may even have his "breakout" year that many hoped he would have last year.

Timothy Tebow will be used a decent amount of time with good to moderate success. He will greatly improve the wildcat and may improve our redzone offense as well to some degree.

For the most part I will be happy to have Tebow on the team and contributing to our offense. However, there will be times when the Jets use him too much for my liking and I'll be wishing that he didn't exist so we could just let the Nacho Gunslinger run the streets without interruption. There will also certainly be at least a few moments after a particularly ugly set of series' or pick-6 that I will be thanking my lucky neon Jesus H. Christ bobblehead voodoo doll that we have that beautiful virgin here to step in at the darkest hour.

8. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Obviously it was about more than just football but I don't believe for a second it was all about the off field stuff. if they didn't believe he could help the team win they wouldn't have made the move.

9. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

I support the trade to bring in Tebow. I am a Tim Tebow fan and think he brings some well-needed intangibles to this team. I don't know if he will guide us to a Superbowl, but I wouldn't be surprised if he did because the guy is a Winner.

10. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

tebow will be used as hb/wildcat, if sanchez has to come out for more than 5 off plays a game he wont like it, wont be much successful as we were over the past 3 years

this will also unite the locker room because no one in their right mind wants tebow to be the starting qb so most of the players will support Mark and help him succeed

#390 RevisIsland18, Mar 26, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  11. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

The media want the new conference, do you think for a second the Jets do? You would be wrong if you do. This isn't the kind of publicity the Jets want right now. It's not positive.

12. abyzmul

The Jets could have just had an impromptu presser this morning with no fanfare. Instead, I have been seeing periodic advertisements on ESPN and NFLN since Saturday promoting this conference. For a backup QB. There is a ton of hype surrounding this, which is why Woody's declarations that it's 'strictly about football' are as big a joke as he is.

I live in freaking Texas and I have been inundated with phone calls and emails trying to get me to buy a PSL. Even after I have repeatedly told the callers and emailers that I have a geographic inability to attend those games.

#392 abyzmul, Mar 26, 2012
  13. stinkyB

I want to be wrong......
    and that Sanchez & Tebow turn into some sort of dynamic duo, creating a miss matching offense never witnessed before by the NFL controlling the clock and the score board hiding the teams deficiencies.............

BUT this team still has a shitty RT, an aging injured RG, a mediocre injured LG, safeties that still can't cover, aging slowing LB core......
    but hey they just signed the most polarizing player in football and are having a press conference for their "backup QB", while they still have a young developing one who has shown MORE flashes of CLUTCH than Tebow, but also his share of suck, and probably doesn't need this mess as NYC is already a media shitshow........ not to mention a team already full of locker room drama.......... a classic JETS "splash" signing of putting a square peg in a round hole.

[​IMG]

#393 stinkyB, Mar 26, 2012
  14. nyjunc

this isn't a typical backup QB, he's one of the most popular players in the league and no matter where he went there was going to be a big introductory PC.

15. abyzmul

Yes, he's the most awesomest backup QB ever.

16. stinkyB

haha..... last year, I got the same phone call. (I'm in FL) It was my only call as after I told them to look at a map, I made my opinion about PSLs pretty clear.

17. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

training camp/pre-season do not mean much....i think mcelroy will still be the 3rd string qb when season starts regardless of his performance

18. nyjunc

It doesn't matter what we think, he's national news no matter what he does. Did you expect a press release to announce the move?

19. abyzmul

I expected an impromptu presser with Tanny announcing him as a new acquisition, Rex and Sparano giving their takes and Tebow fruiting up the NY airwaves with his lisp.

What I didn't expect was a full weekend of announcements about an announcement. Hell, they could have done it on Saturday.

20. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

The Jets will never win a Super Bowl as long as this clown is the owner. I am resigned to it.

Some day the day will come when Woody is no longer the owner. We will have to wait, but we know that day will come.