All things Tebow Part Deux-Please post your Tebow thoughts here

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by rickjet, Mar 22, 2012.

1. thirtyoddfreestyle

thirtyoddfreestyle Well-Known Member

kate uptons tits are all the motivation i need

2. MenOverGod

MenOverGod Well-Known Member

He can go suck on a woody. All these bullshitters smh

3. Badaxe

Badaxe Banned

The players who produce results, and produce those results with the most consistency need to be on the field. Who earns what, and who was drafted in what round, etc. means squat.

4. TebowTrollCoach

the JETS return to the Superbowl after a long time...and win.

5. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Going to bed now)

6. roboz08

roboz08 Well-Known Member

Tebow will be used very similar to how Brad Smith was used. Mark Sanchez will get his shit together and not turn the ball over as much as he did last season. The Jets will be either 10-6 or 11-5 and back in the playoffs. From there? who knows, but I envision an AFC Championship matchup with the Baltimore Ravens.

7. reverseapachemaster

Gotta remember that the offseason is a lot of information warfare. If our opponents next year think they have multiple potential QBs to worry about in the games they have less opportunity to be well prepared for whatever the offense truly ends up.

8. FriendlyGiantsFan

FriendlyGiantsFan New Member

I really have a hard time believing this is anything less than a "hey guys, don't forget about us" move. The last time the Giants won the Super Bowl the Jets brought in Brett Favre. This time they brought in Tebow. Both moves made sense as football decisions, but they were first and foremost moves to keep the Jets in the NYC spotlight. It's a business decision masquerading about in the clothing of a football decision.

9. discostu570

discostu570 Active Member

Best case scenario, Tebow is a pointless distraction that slowly fades away as Mark Sanchez and Shonn Greene do the heavy lifting on offense and end up in the playoffs for the third time in four seasons. Worst case scenario, the extra push provided by idiot Tebow fans is enough to permanently destroy Sanchez's confidence, and the only consolation after losing too many early season games will be watching Tebow spend weeks 10 through 17 proving once and for all that no, he isn't a quarterback in the NFL.

In case that wasn't clear, the only thing certain not to happen is Tim Tebow quarterbacking the New York Jets to the top of the league. Nothing else would surprise me. Honest best guess, Sanchez and Tebow get in a fistfight on the sidelines somewhere around Week 9, then McElroy gives us a few 300 yard games to close out the year with a glimmer of hope. Then Week 16 the Mayan apocalypse goes down and all this seems trivial in retrospect.

10. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

Hes a running back who can throw.

Also along with him is a shit ton other bullshit that will make Woody money.

That being said, if his name wasnt Tebow, but had the same skillset this move would be awesome. Unfortunately his name is Tebow and well ahve to deal with utter bullshit from now until when they take the field and show it was a sound Fball decision.

Of course thats if THEY dont let the bullshit get into their heads, we will see.

11. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

can't fault him when so many are proving him right.

12. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

The Favre and Tebow trades scream financial reasoning. I believe Woody wants to win a title for sure, but he's a business man first and foremost.

Edit: Just noticed FriendlyGiantsFan has the same take two posts above.

13. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Does ownership really have that much of an inferiority complex ?

14. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

When you're trying to sell PSLs, apparently yes. I supported neither trade.

Woody needs to realize the Jets represent Jets fans and not NYC or NJ. There's enough of us to turn a profit. Fuck everyone else.

15. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Well, I don't think Tebow is an NFL QB and he is certainly not worth the added media attention and Tebow fanatics that are going to be calling for Sanchez to be benched after his first incompletion. While I agree it can be a solid from a football perspective, it isn't because he's better than Stanton. At throwing the football, it is very likey Stanton is better. However, Tebow can be very effective as a runner/change of pace/wildcat back. So, from a football perspective, it makes a bit of sense. I just hate the extra attention he'll bring.

16. DeutschlandFan

DeutschlandFan New Member

Here's the problem as I see it. I agree that Tebow's strengths can definitely help the team win games, which is what we all want to see. However, I think that we have to be realistic and realize that Tebow's strengths come from actually playing the full game.

What I mean is that, just like any other QB, he will have to actually be on the field as much as possible to get into the rhythm of the game. In my opinion, this is the only way we can expect him to produce any noticeable positive results. It's naive to expect that he will be able to play only 10-12 snaps per game and still make the same kind of impact for which he was (supposedly) brought here for. As the starter for Denver, he sucked as a passer but defenses still had to respect the fact that he could throw downfield on any given play, opening up more room for him to take off and run. If we go into games with Sanchez as the "regular" QB and Tebow being brought in for non-passing situations, it will not fool anybody. In this situation everyone will know that when Tebow is behind center that he will not be throwing the ball. His effectiveness will be seriously diminished.

Of course if he is on the field enough to get into a rhythm then that means that he is the full time starting QB, and in that case his negatives will be unavoidable.

#376 DeutschlandFan, Mar 26, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I suppose 9 completions per game could be classified as 'results'. Total shit results, but results all the same.

18. FriendlyGiantsFan

It's not an inferiority complex if it's true. I'm sure interest in the Jets has waned after an 8-8 season littered with disappointment and dysfunction. The Giants have just gone on a highly unlikely Super Bowl run and have two very popular (and young) players in JPP and Cr(uuuuu)uz helping garner them additional attention.

Woody wants to sell tickets and PSLs and has been placed in the unenviable position of having to shout to be heard in NYC. Well, this is him shouting.

19. FriendlyGiantsFan

I think you hit the nail on the head. Tebow needs a specialized offense to be at his best. You don't build a specialized offense for your backup QB. Stanton would be able to come in and run a similar offense to what Sanchez runs.

20. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Like Brunell was, right? Nobody gives a rat's ass about the backup QB until something happens to the starter...can you even name the Giant's backup, I can't?