ALL THINGS REVIS - Official Thread - Deal Signed - Thread Locked

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by klecko73, Jul 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarionBarber31

MarionBarber31 New Member

I'd be a bit surprised if he plays Friday. Although since he participated in the earlier off-season activities, he should have some clue already, so maybe he will if injuries dictate a need.

2. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

I doubt he'll play, but he could return punts.

3. Rhodes Scholar

Looks like he was right, now I want to know how!

4. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

I doubt he'll play, too, but he might be in at corner.

5. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

6. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. (Aug. 14, 2007) -- The New York Jets and first-round draft pick Darrelle Revis were closing in on a deal Tuesday night, ending the touted cornerback's lengthy training camp holdout.

"We've made major, substantial progress," Revis' agent, Neil Schwartz, told The Associated Press. "We're working on it right now."

Schwartz and Revis were at the Jets' headquarters at Hofstra University discussing a deal with general manager Mike Tannenbaum. Schwartz was uncertain if an agreement would be struck sometime Tuesday night or early Wednesday.

"That, I don't know," Schwartz said. "I don't want to put the cart before the horse, but we're working. We're making progress."

Tannenbaum also told ESPN Radio that talks were moving along.

"We've made very substantial progress and we're going to keep working through the night," Tannenbaum said. "We think we've found a solution."

When asked if the sides had agreed on the length of the contract, Tannenbaum said: "We've reached agreement on where we're ordering dinner from."

Revis, taken 14th overall after New York traded up to select him, became the Jets' first unsigned pick at the start of training camp since linebacker James Farrior in 1997. He has missed 18 practices and the team's preseason opener last Friday against Atlanta since camp opened on July 27.

The holdup in the negotiations reportedly stemmed from the length of the contract. The Jets are looking to sign Revis to a six-year deal, while the cornerback wants a five-year contract.

Once he signs, the Jets expect Revis to compete for the starting job at right cornerback, a position Justin Miller, David Barrett, Hank Poteat and Drew Coleman all took turns at last season. He could also serve as the team's punt returner.

Revis was considered one of the best overall cornerbacks in the draft, and had an outstanding college career at the University of Pittsburgh, finishing with 129 tackles and eight interceptions.

If he signs soon, the only first-round holdout would be top overall pick JaMarcus Russell, the LSU quarterback selected by Oakland.

7. JW69

JW69 New Member

really should be in the everythig revis thread but wtf...

HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. (AP) - The New York Jets and first-round draft pick Darrelle Revis were closing in on a deal Tuesday night, ending the touted cornerback's lengthy training camp holdout.

"We've made major, substantial progress," Revis' agent, Neil Schwartz, told The Associated Press. "We're working on it right now."
    Schwartz and Revis were at the Jets' headquarters at Hofstra University discussing a deal with general manager Mike Tannenbaum. Schwartz was uncertain if an agreement would be struck sometime Tuesday night or early Wednesday.

"That, I don't know," Schwartz said. "I don't want to put the cart before the horse, but we're working. We're making progress."

Tannenbaum also told ESPN Radio that talks were moving along.

"We've made very substantial progress and we're going to keep working through the night," Tannenbaum said. "We think we've found a solution."

When asked if the sides had agreed on the length of the contract, Tannenbaum said: "We've reached agreement on where we're ordering dinner from."

Revis, taken 14th overall after New York traded up to select him, became the Jets' first unsigned pick at the start of training camp since linebacker James Farrior in 1997. He has missed 18 practices and the team's preseason opener last Friday against Atlanta since camp opened on July 27.

The holdup in the negotiations reportedly stemmed from the length of the contract. The Jets are looking to sign Revis to a six-year deal, while the cornerback wants a five-year contract.

Once he signs, the Jets expect Revis to compete for the starting job at right cornerback, a position Justin Miller, David Barrett, Hank Poteat and Drew Coleman all took turns at last season. He could also serve as the team's punt returner.

Revis was considered one of the best overall cornerbacks in the draft, and had an outstanding college career at the University of Pittsburgh, finishing with 129 tackles and eight interceptions.

If he signs soon, the only first-round holdout would be top overall pick JaMarcus Russell, the LSU quarterback selected by Oakland.

://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7122478

Lets hope it is fast food.

8. JW69

JW69 New Member

sorry for the dup.

9. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Yeah seriously, that's almost freaky. I want to know how he knew as well.

10. NYMagpies

NYMagpies New Member

bout fkn time too

greedy little crappa!

earn ya money first!

11. Khan

Khan Active Member

Well he also didn't want to sign something different from all his peers...

12. GreenGiant 32

GreenGiant 32 New Member

Ok Kemo Sabe, how'd you know?

13. MarionBarber31

MarionBarber31 New Member

Well he promised to divulge after it was done, so hopefully he follows through on it. I'm curious too.

14. PMCRW

PMCRW New Member

i'll believe it when i see it....

15. ButtleMan

ButtleMan New Member

He always knows. He has an inside connection.

16. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

here's a link by the way:

http://www.nynews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070814/SPORTS01/708140424

HEMPSTEAD - The Jets are poised to sign first-round selection Darrelle Revis as negotiations remain ongoing today between general manager Mike Tannenbaum and Revis' Suffern-based agent, Neil Schwartz.

The two have been meeting at the Jets' complex at Hofstra since early this morning, though no deal has been announced yet. However, Tannenbaum did go on ESPN 1050 AM to say that "substantial progress'' has been made.

Schwartz is also reporting significant progress has been made.

17. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

he's Schwartz's son!

he better, with all those numbers. :lol:

18. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Good. Get him to practice

19. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

20. -MC-

-MC- Active Member