Ainge Absent From Voluntary Workouts

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WW85, Apr 13, 2009.

1. RedWhiteBlue&Green

RedWhiteBlue&Green Active Member

I want Ainge to be on this team to back up Ratliff and Sanchez. If he keeps this up, the Jets will be forced to keep Clemens on the roster. Bad mistake on Ainge's part.

2. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

lol.. I know it's an 'open competition' and everything, but Clemens is the front-runner in this thing so far whether you like it or not. He won't be going anywhere this season.

3. RedWhiteBlue&Green

RedWhiteBlue&Green Active Member

Clemens is a bust. Clemens will not be a Jet for long. If he's on this team this season, he'll be riding the bench.

4. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

You sound really confident of this. But I disagree.

5. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

You're basing your "bust" label on what exactly? Spotty play behind what was probably the worst offensive line in the league at the time?

Give the guy a chance to at least prove himself this year.

6. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Based on 8 games behind an o-line with 2 starters who couldn't even find a job as a 3rd stringer in the league the following year in his second season as a pro?

7. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Well there you have it. Someone better give Rex Ryan a call and let him know right away.

8. RevisCB

RevisCB New Member

I have heard some ridiculous things on this forum, but labelling Clemens a bust after starting behind the worst offensive line in the league, with no run game, is up amongst them. It's obvious to me that your love affair with Sanchez is completely clouding your view on our current QB's. I also think that your constant reference to Clemens in such a negative light is as much to convince yourself of what your saying as it is to convince other people.

9. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

You're entitled to that opinion, Ms Cleo, but barring a very unlikely trade, Clemens will be on the team this season and right now the odds of starting week 1 are in his favor.

10. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Clemens could very well be a bust... he's lukewarm at best right now. It is still a wait and see situation though. If he can't perform this year it will have been a bold, but not that surprising prediction.

11. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

I agree that this is probably a 2-man QB competition barring a QB in the draft (Ainge is likely to remain an outsider), but Clemens is not a bust. Too soon for that label. Don't forget that even the "great" Chad Pennington lost his job to Clemens in '07 behind that same shitty O-line. I admit I'm a little more intrigued by Ratliff, mainly because we haven't seen him in a game that counts. However, I'd be satisfied if Clemens or Ratliff came out of this as the starter. They are both young and if they play well enough, have the potential to be franchise QB's. Will that happen? Who knows.

12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

If I look at your avatar out of the corner of my eye, it looks like Bill Belichick is wearing a bonnet.

13. Brien O'Ken

Brien O'Ken Member

I just heard Danny Ainge had a heart attack. Any of you think it's possible Eric Ainge's mysterious absence has anything to do with this?

14. Denny

Denny Active Member

^ I read yesterday it was for personal reasons.

15. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

You are (mostly) going to look like real nobs when it turns out his grandmother died or something.

16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

His grandmother died too? Man, what a week.

17. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

yes, since its voluntary he's probably taking the time to be with the whole family in the boston area.

18. billo83

billo83 Member

Yes this certainly explains his absence from camp. But I ready somewhere (I think it was the Daily News) that he has been scarce the entire off season. That I can't understand.

19. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Don't worry about it, it's not a big deal. There is probably a perfectly fine explanation for him not being at the voluntary workouts he missed. Even if there wasn't, he's the 3rd string QB who hopefully doesn't sniff the field this season.

It's irrelevant to fans unless you want to make an issue out of nothing.

20. billo83

billo83 Member

I guess what concerns me (not including missing this camp which of course is totally understandable) is his committment to the team to getting better. As you stated, he is a 3rd stringer and needs to take every opportunity to get better. Couple that with getting suspended last season, and you have to question his commitment and judgement. The only other player missing from the workouts is Jones from what I've seen.