Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

Nice article in the Times from a week ago on Gase. This quote stood out to me...

"Gase may not actually be trying to fail, but it’s difficult to pinpoint what someone would do differently if they were."

The piece argues that his method has always been to disguise his own inadequacies by attacking others.

It's worth a read - Full article

Jets_Grinch, SOJAZ, Ralebird and 2 others like this.
  2. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Yes the idiots Johnson & Johnson r still employing Gase Y? :mad:

3. ukjetsfan

We've got a whole thread on Gase, Champ.

NYJFOREVER and FJF like this.
  4. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

So make it J & J :mad:

5. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

Good read, and they are on point on the idiot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ukjetsfan likes this.
  6. JerzeJets

JerzeJets Active Member

The better question is why are you still allowed to create new threads on this subject?

Not only is there multiple threads on this, you are the one who keeps creating them.

Chill

Noam and FJF like this.
  7. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Y cnat U type out full words? :mad:

[​IMG]

FJF likes this.
  8. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

It really doesn’t take a genius to figure out why Gase is still the HC. Cmon man you’ve now started this thread twice when the question has been answered numerous times.

FJF likes this.
  9. Jets1035

Jets1035 Active Member

This will be a relevant post the day after the season ends when it is announced that he is coming back. The forum will explode, and rightly explode

10. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I'm okay with it. Make a million threads about how inept these owners and Gase are. They deserve all the hate. Fuck em.

I cant stand this non sense scapegoating coming from Gase right now.

"Firing Williams was for the best of us.."

If he is so worried about what's best for this team, he should resign today.

What a dickhead.

SOJAZ, Noam, Sack exchange and 5 others like this.
  11. ukjetsfan

[QUOTE="I

If he is so worried about what's best for this team, he should resign today.

[/QUOTE]

Kind of sums up the hypocrisy perfectly.

SOJAZ and NCJetsfan like this.
  12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

That is a head scratcher. Adam Gase is obviously terrible. Keeping him helps the Jets lose but not completely. At some point this season, Joe Douglas and Christopher Johnson realized Gase was not the answer. Once Douglas started unloading guys like McClendon and Williamson, you knew the urgency to win was gone. Now Joe Douglas should be informing Christopher Johnson that losing is what is best for business and you can have a star like Trevor Lawrence in only a few months. Gase looks like he is trying to win still, though he is horrendous at it. I would fire him and promote someone who knows the tank needs to be finished. Gase and his crazy eyes are just terrible enough to win a game and ruin this for the Jets.

13. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Speaking of replacements, who's our DC now?

14. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

Another Bush. Yikes!

15. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Why are you not merging this with the other thread the o.p. started?

16. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

The only problem with this is, if you were gase you wouldn’t resign and leave the millions on the table either. I get the hate but let’s try to remain somewhat practical here.

17. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

No coach is going to intentionally finish the tank unless he is guaranteed a job going forward, and even then no self-respecting coach would do it. In addition, we shouldn't be guaranteeing coaches on this staff jobs, and that coach could contact the league and the league could punish the Jets with something like taking away our #1 pick. That would be just our luck. An interim coach could give the team a lift and they win a game or two as well. IMO it's better to just keep things the way they are.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  18. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I don't think I was being that literal, although It would be nice If he did, I don't really think that was my point though.

Point Is.. The guy doesn't truly care about what Is best for the team all that much because he hasn't resigned himself. He is using Williams as a scapegoat In an attempt to deflect the blame, even If its just for a bit.

I think the point Intended Is practical, reasonable, and correct.

19. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

100%

Deaner what’s your take on Chris Olave? He stands out to me and I just want to get your opinion

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  20. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

As this season will mercifully soon come to an end, my absolute hate for this ownership has reached a new height in trying to rationalize why the hell is Gase still with us. And no, sorry fans, it has diddly fuck nothing to do IMO with tanking or getting the first pick, that is a figment and wishful thinking in the mind of the fans. The ownership has zero fucking interest in loosing games and tanking, and becoming more than ever the laughing stock of all professional sport ownerships. They are retaining Gase because of financial reasons, accountability issues, ownership incompetence and massive lack of forward planning. They don't want to have multiple coaches paid millions while sitting at home, while waiting for Woody to get back at the helm after year end, or maybe trying to make Gase accountable for his actions and take ownership of the dismal season, but above all, they don't like to make waves during mid season because that pre-supposes accepting full accountability for their massive fuck up and having the wisdom to have a back up strategy in place.
    So we will drag it out till after the end of the season, where we will be competing with at least a half dozen teams with similar coaching woes, all with a leg up on us since they have already fired their coach, sending a strong message of accountability, allowing them to begin the search in earnest, and most of all, immediately improving the moral and performance of the players that are sick and fucking tired of the BS coaching environment they have been subjected to by the ownership.
    The way I see it, the most pathetic and dreadful scenario ever, is for us to miss on the first pick at year end, with Gase still at the helm with a win on a meaningless effort.