Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

OMG, LOL that would be the worst for him. You know how brutal teenagers can be. They would be unmerciful on him and constantly give him grief about being 0-16. I think I'd rather go dig ditches or clean sewers than face a bunch of teenagers after I failed so publicly at sports.

2. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

Oh, the possibilities are endless. Can you imagine his class standing in front of him with everyone making their eyes bulge or wearing those bulging-eyeball eyeglasses from the novelty shop? Maybe they'd all show up snickering and wearing Jets' gear. Can you imagine him going to the school's football coach and offering to help out, only to hear the coach say, "Thanks, Adam, Let me get back to you on that."

How about the kids all wearing the T-shirts linked below?

https://www.redbubble.com/i/t-shirt...C4YwtkfJ1ipYdB2Rq9EaAvkWEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Jets79, Noam and NCJetsfan like this.
  3. apjbfc

apjbfc Well-Known Member

Not reading the hit piece on him as I've spent too long watching it.

I have a feeling you could chat with gase for hours about football and come away with so much. However non of that has transferred to being a good HC.

I think he knew he needed at least 6 wins this year, and he knows that we will be looking for other options and has to coach waiting to be let go.

He's failed at every turn here, and the best thing he can do for this franchise now is not win another game.

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

4. NCJetsfan

ROFLMAO! OMG! I just got a cold chill up my spine. Over 40 years ago I taught high school choral music for two years. That was enough!

Noam and Since1969 like this.
  5. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

We aren't embarrassed in front of millions of people because we work normal, everyday jobs, not jobs in the entertainment business. At the same time we are given salaries related to the tasks we perform, not related to the inflated pay scale of the entertainment business. You make your bed and you lie in it but in the end you either succeed or fail at the job you've chosen. I shed no tears for Adam Gase.

His admission today is the beginning of a road being paved to his departure with a modicum of face saving and no loss of income. Now if it could only be expedited to see what Darnold looks like for a few games without the genius.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  6. Ralebird

Because every day Gase remains the coach is a day that delays the creation of a new team. There is no reason to assume that Williams would be handed the reins, even for a month.

LAJet and ColoradoContrails like this.
  7. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Who else? Loggins? Nah.. it will be Williams and he could actually win one meaningless game a completely fuck with our future.

let’s just ride the Gase tank train till we secure #1 and then give him the boot

8. Ralebird

I doubt it would be Loggains who I think is tied too closely to Gase. There are a couple of dozen on the coaching staff, any of whom could drive the bus for a few weeks - it doesn't matter nearly as much as removing Gase from the equation.

Winning any games will not fuck with my future or yours but it is what teams are supposed to do to gain success in the NFL.

9. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

I woke up this morning and I have the feeling the Jets win today. Raiders coming across country playing in the cold, Gase did get a win against them last yr and I could easily see them overlooking us. We are very healthy . I do not want us to win ,it is just my gut feeling

10. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Oh great. So now we can't fire him b/c it will violate the Americans with Disabilities act!

Red Menace and The Dark Knight like this.
  11. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

It’s ok, the act simply requires that reasonable accommodations are provided so an individual with disabilities can do the job, Gase has been provided with more than reasonable accommodations to do the job and has failed miserably, he needs to be fired ASAP.

12. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Most will be focused on that last play because, well, it WAS a dagger in the heart and "miracle" for the Raiders, but really the game was lost when Gase got conservative on the last possession before that and called three straight vanilla running plays and didn't get the first down to run out the clock. It was like he assumed the Jets had won. They HAD to get one first down to seal the game and they played like they had an insurmountable lead.

Gase just needs to be fired right now.

13. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I don't wish injury on any player, but Gore's possible concussion is a blessing in disguise as it forces Gase to use the younger RB's more.

Jets79 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  14. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Yes he has to go now. This is unacceptable at every level and an embarrassment to every Jet fan. At this point keeping him around serves no purpose except for the feeble excuse he gives us the best chance at the number one pick.

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  15. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Hey Johnsons! Need more proof that Gase doesn't know what he's doing? His #1 RB, Gore, leaves the game on the 2nd play and the Jets proceed to rack up the most yards they have all season! Still think he's a "genius"? He stubbornly stuck with an over the hill RB instead of playing younger guys who not only showed way more burst ad big play ability, but doing so prevented us from seeing these guys play to see what they can bring to the team. We KNOW what Gore brings - 3 yards and cloud of dust - but Gase persisted in giving him the bulk of the carries. Gase is the primary obstacle to progress for the Jets.

Jets79 and Ralebird like this.
  16. NCJetsfan

It won't be a blessing if it leads to a win, as it almost did today. We can find out what those young RBs have next season in TC and preseason.

17. NCJetsfan

I agree with everything in normal circumstances, but Gase gives us the best chance at going winless. Wait until after the last game. He is getting fired. I don't want better play calling or a spark at this time. We almost won today. It's a miracle we didn't.

Jets79, Noam and HomeoftheJets like this.
  18. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

That isn't a feeble excuse, it's one of the most important things in Jets history.

jets_fan and NCJetsfan like this.
  19. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

50 years ago this exact day the Jets lost the same exact way to the Raiders at Shea. A bomb into the end zone on the last play ( not a Hail Mary ). Unbelievable .....

Just embarrassing

Noam likes this.
  20. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Not sure he'd be qualified for the position anyway.

Noam and NCJetsfan like this.