Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Because of the game itself or because of Chris Johnson's stupidity?

2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

The game was great, so...

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Baylor loads up on cupcake pansies in their schedule every year. I'm thinkin Adam Gase coulda beat Stephen F. Austin, UTSA & Rice. yes those are real colleges and they did play Baylor this year.

the AFC conference is a little step up in difficulty

#2783 BrowningNagle, Dec 7, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
    NYJetsO12 and J-Raw24 like this.
  4. BroadwayAaron

Loading up on pansies such as OK State, TCU, Iowa State, Texas and then taking what will be a top 4 team to the limit two times in three weeks. Also when he took over this team they were a disaster structurally and won 1 game his first year. He built a culture and established a style of play that got them within sniffing distance of the college football playoff which if you said that to anybody three years ago, they have laughed in your face.

Fortunately we don’t need a complete facelift and total culture change or anything like that…

5. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I mean you can dislike Gase all you want, but I don't really blame any NFL team for not making the leap and hiring Rhule. He was only in the NFL for a year and only as an assistant position coach. Temple's a small program as well.

The turn around has been awesome. They've won a lot of close games and I've watched almost every one because Vegas just kept giving them points every week and I just kept making money off of it lol.

They beat Iowa State, West Virginia and Texas Tech by a combined seven points. They beat TCU + Tech in OT. They really should'veo lost to Texas Tech because they had an illegal snap that they got a redo on for some reason.

Not trying to take away from what they did. They had an awesome season and they're extremely well coached. I just don't think he was some sort of slam dunk candidate.

And as usual, we placed stipulations on his potential hire. Rhule wanted to pick his coaches. We said no. I'm sure Rhule also wanted his dad on the staff like at Baylor and we said no.

Maybe one day we'll stop putting stipulations on things with new hires...

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  6. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

Maybe one day we'll get a competent coach. Right now I'll settle for a competent GM. If Douglas blows it up this offseason then it'll be on Gase to show us. Here's to hoping Douglas gives us a fighting chance.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

The fact is they didn’t beat a single ranked opponent all year. 4 of their 11 wins are SFA, UTSA, Rice, and shitty Kansas. They are one of the most overrated teams in the whole nation

if they played a normal schedule, they’d be like 7-5 right now

Idk if Matt rhule would be a good Jets Coach or not, but he wouldn’t be able to stack his schedule with div 2 teams to help his record

8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Doing that at the college ranks is one thing. Doing it in the NFL where some of the players are as old or older than the HC is quite another.

In addition, with Sam out, the disaster we had at backup QBs, and the losing streak, do you think Rhule and his staff could have held the team together? I don't. They wouldn't have had two years of NFL experience among them.

#2788 NCJetsfan, Dec 8, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
  9. BroadwayAaron

Here within lies my problem. Of course Rhule wasn’t a homerun but our process is so fucked that now we’ll never know AND we are stuck with one of the worst candidates that was available.

10. BroadwayAaron

Of course. But wouldn’t you rather be trying it with a guy who succeeded in doing it on any level as opposed to Gase who has done only the opposite between Miami and now us?

ColoradoContrails and J-Raw24 like this.
  11. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Speaking of blow up ..think of the one that's coming between Douglas and Gase in 2020 after Gase shIts the bed with a new OL WR and other better players .

Gase will make Douglas look bad and hopefully JD tells him "your on your own buddy"

12. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

Problem with this is the Johnsons. A bad GM can screw over and good coach, a bad coach can screw over a good GM. A horrible owner who believes in a bad coach can screw over a great GM. I hope this is not the case. I hope we draft well and if Gase can't hack it he's gone but Douglas stays. Problem is I haven't seen the Johnsons be competent in 20 years of being here.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  13. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Gase will be 0-2 against his former team.

Cman68 likes this.
  14. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

Nobody wanted the Jets to hire Matt Ruhle stop pretending you did now.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  15. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Rhule wasn't my top choice (I wasn't thrilled with any of the options but my top choice was McCarthy). But there were a lot more people who voted for Rhule than Gase.

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  16. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

Well ok I'll agree with that...I wanted MM also and preferred the unknown over Gase but neither should have been top candidate's to begin with.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  17. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Seriously. The Matt Rhule hindsight is silly.

BrowningNagle and MJK like this.
  18. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Upside: Gase already has excuses built in for this loss. No Bell, no Adams... No problem.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  19. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I'll say this... The Cheerleaders look Volcano Hot in their skin tight all black today!

J-Raw24 and MJK like this.
  20. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

I'm already prepared for the reason Darnold gets murdered today is because Bell wasn't available to block.