Acute Rodgers Fatigue

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Since1969, Dec 20, 2023.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

no it’s not the Covid thing at all, it’s Rodgers only that brought that up .. again

look: give me an example of another player out for the season yet still on the active roster. You can’t.

This is certainly something people are going to wonder about and douche-y Rodgers felt the need to respond, lie, play the victim AND throw the Jets organization under the bus for

ouchy, Since1969 and abyzmul like this.
  2. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

My apologies for the interruption of "shit on Rodgers no matter what" thread. I must have hit a nerve. Carry on as you were.

3. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/jets-decided-put-aaron-rodgers-032100351.html

"“Joe [Douglas] and I will always do what we feel is best for the organization, and having him around is a plus,” Jets head coach Robert Saleh said. “Having him on the practice field, he loves the practice field.

“So having him out there, his juice, his energy. Shoot, even Friday leading up into the Washington game, running all the scout team reps and all the smack talk with the defense and the defense got into it and it was just a net positive for us.”

After moving Rodgers to the active roster, the Jets waived Bawden. Once he went unclaimed by another team, the Jets placed Bawden on the practice squad because they could then elevate him for a maximum of three games.

Bawden was elevated from the practice squad for Sunday’s 30-28 victory over the Commanders.""

OK, fair enough in COVID, I was just wondering, but I get it now. Still there is a reasonable explanation that Saleh gave in case someone wants to listen on this particular topic... And no harm done at all to Bawden. There is value in Rodgers mimicking opposing team's QB and getting early start on 2024. And Bawden is back. Win win?

4. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Yes, dishonesty hits a nerve. Claiming hatred on the part of others is dishonest. Even if Rodgers is above all criticism.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  5. BrowningNagle

the Jets are a losing organization that does something no one ever does, keeping an injured player active, and we are “conspiracy theorists” and “puppets” for questioning that decision

bizarre and douche-y

#105 BrowningNagle, Dec 27, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2023
    mezzavo and ouchy like this.
  6. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Yes, dishonesty does hit a nerve. However, I never claimed hatred - I just asked if this was the reason. "Seriously, is it the COVID thing?" is all I said on this. I genuinely wanted to know, because It is JD/Saleh job description to make these decisions, not players, Saleh corroborated Rodgers' story fully, gave decent reasons why they kept him on active, and Bowden is back without losing a penny. Still Rodgers is somehow a liar and a douche for this, which seems irrational. Hence, this was a fair question to ask.

Now, the dishonesty would be to present this as claiming hatred. So yeah, looks like I did hit a nerve.

Jonathan_Vilma and dawinner127 like this.
  7. GreenFan15J

GreenFan15J Well-Known Member

Why not?

All eggs in one basket!

Season ticket holders are a captive consumer. They can't sell PSLs for shit.

Jets org will be good...

ouchy likes this.
  8. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

No one ever had a real problem around the league with Rodgers other than maybe some annoyed Packers fans about the retirement talk. Now if you ask random fans of non Jets or Packers fan, they might have a problem with him but they’ll never cite any of the vaccine stuff.

With that being said, I think his comments yesterday were dumb. If you read them it’s just random dumb rambling.

9. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

Not trying to be a dick here, but do you really not know why most of the fans, world, and his own family cannot stand him?

alleycat9 likes this.
  10. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Selah confirmed it was their decision so that would confirm how dumb they are, except JD and Selah's job now hinges on Rodgers. So its not dumb to them, just desperate.

Keeping an injured player on the active roster is pretty silly which is why fans are upset - not Rodgers politics. But that statement by Aaron is key to what Rodgers brings to the culture. He is a smart guy but a real prick when he doesn't get his way or look like Mr. Clean. When that happens he will act out and then blame other people for his actions. Which is why he has to always get his way and look cool, or the team suffers.

In the end we'll find out how much of it was worth it.

Since1969 likes this.
  11. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Not taking it that way. I really don't know, aside from all the vax stuff, which a lot of people seem to take personally, which is why asked a question, was told no, and I accepted it. I mean I saw some dumb things like darkness retreat or UFO, etc, but this is all harmless personal stuff I don't care about. Whatever it is, people cannot stand him for the reasons not necessarily related to staying on active roster, which was confirmed by Saleh not to be his choice, and that was the point I was trying to make. I only care about his contributions to the Jets, which have not been great so far I understand, but the guy is working his tail off to get back, which gives me some hope for 2024.

Right, but what I take away from his statement and then Saleh's confirmation and reasoning is that JD/Saleh call the shots, like they are supposed to. This Bowden move to me is nothing - I mean he is right back on the team without losing a penny. It does not confirm they are dumb or smart. Bowden should not even have been on the team - Colon should have been kept instead. He is doing really well and we are struggling at the spot. That's one of the things that confirms they are dumb.

dawinner127 likes this.
  12. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Low roster spots are about developing young players, regardless of who they are. No team would give up a roster spot for an injured player. Joe Burrow isn't even on the active roster right now. Rodgers could still go to practices to work and be around the team. IMO its a pretty shortsighted move but I'm not in their heads, so maybe there is something positive we don't know?

13. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I don't have anything against Rodgers for his Covid silliness, injury, or attempt to come back. What I do have against him is every single former Packer brought in because of him is dogshit and hurting the team. And if you think they weren't brought in because of him, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

BrowningNagle, Since1969 and ouchy like this.
  14. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

They were but I think Cobb and Turner being relied on is the fault of the Jets. Lazard fucking sucks and we can blame Rodgers for that but receiver was a problem for us whether we signed him or not. That includes anyone else we probably would’ve signed.

Hackett is another colossal fuckup on the part of the Jets. The Broncos hired him as their head coach to try to get Rodgers there last year and it didn’t work. Would we really not have been able to get him here with another coordinator? Include Matt LaFleur’s brother? Rodgers had a great relationship with Matt LaFleur who ran a similar offense.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

How does Mike LaFleur feel about the Gold Zone?

16. BrowningNagle

and they want to bring in even more bums from the packers this offseason

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  17. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

Shame it ultimately didn't too. Because in hindsight having that flawed pairing outside of GB mistake already play itself out could have saved our 2023 and 2024 playoff run chances.

18. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Yes. Also Tim Boyle.

19. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

Nobody outside the Disney's ESPN crew types (who basically jump at any opportunity to grandstand themselves being on the "right" side of that kind of politics crap) that is actually invested in the sport based outcomes of NFL football ultimately cares all that much whether Rodgers got his covid shot or not.

In the end and with him universally being deemed one of the biggest divas to ever headline the sport it's always boiled down to the same simple pro/cons consideration - is the juice worth the squeeze?

For the 2023 NYJ roster and team build makeup that was going to even now insist on Hackett being the OC...it's not. Which has only gotten more and more evident to more and more people as the year has played itself out, and as more and more people stop buying into the delusion that Arod would basically have been some 40yo magic wand that simply washed all this surrounding bad away on his own even had he not got hurt.

It's that fueling most of the hate. Just that.

20. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I'm kicking all his boys out the door and getting the right people in. JD better not let him play GM fucking again. If he don't like that then retire.