Acute Rodgers Fatigue

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Since1969, Dec 20, 2023.

1. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

I never thought Rodgers looked right in a Jets uniform. The entire off season I just couldn't picture Rodgers playing QB on the Jets, it just didn't look right and didn't make sense. No surprise he goes down immediately and we're back to square 1. I don't know about fatigue, but I'm not surprised in the slightest, this is how it works as a jets fan. The idea of having an elite QB is ridiculous to us and that's how reality worked out. Guarantee something similar happens next year too. Woody Johnson has some bad karma or something.

Since1969 likes this.
  2. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Nah, he's just a moron.

3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Yep. "Stupid is as stupid does". It's that simple.

4. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I don't hate Rodgers but I hate the move we made for him, and I hate being his hostage.

We were never a QB away from a SB run. Its debatable if we were even a QB away from a WC game.

We were only a 7-10 team and 4 of those wins were against QBs making their first or second start. Yet we went all in for this season, back loading contracts and spending as much as we could afford in FA. If we were a legitimate contender we would be having the season Cinn, Cleveland, or even Indy is right now with a backup QB. Were not because we have too many holes. And the concessions we made for Rodgers both player and coaching wise weren't even an improvement. Our only upgrade was just getting old, expensive, Arod. If he returned to MVP form maybe we are a 10 win team? But doubtful behind our o-line, and doubtful he would have lasted beyond Dallas.

My point earlier stands. Rodgers spent 3 years trying to get Green Bay's GM fired for drafting a QB. Wrap your head around that. It wasn't a heat of the moment thing. The guy went on a 3 year crusade to get a guy fired just for drafting competition. All his retirement antics were to get rid of the GM. What he was really saying was, "get rid of the GM or I'm quitting". He did that several times, including after getting a team breaking contract. Which was just another aspect of his mentality. He demanded a big front loaded contract, which he knew would hamstring the team and make them lose more, which in turn would be his excuse to get rid of the GM.

This is what we brought over here. Do you wonder why GB wanted him out? My point is this:

Trust me, JD is walking on eggshells around Rodgers. He is known to attack GMs that go against his wishes, and he currently has way more influence in the media than JD, especially since he is currently banded "savior" - a title he loves. JD wouldn't want to make the mistake of allowing another decent QB on the roster that might take away some of Rodgers savior worship. If we had a Minshew, Browning, or even a fan cult guy like Devito, there would be trouble behind the scenes. And it would land on JD. As long as Arod is here, he's the ringleader and were riding his ride.

And personally - his ride so far sucks.

#44 ouchy, Dec 21, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2023
  5. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Interesting to me is that when the Jets traded for Favre a bunch of his fanboys from the Packers came over here to post. Kinda Tebow-lite sort of hero worship. None of that with Rodgers. Not that it’s a bad thing mind you.

abyzmul, ouchy, Acad23 and 1 other person like this.
  6. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I agree, and the crazy part is even if we weren't a QB away, Douglas thought we were, or he wouldn't have traded for Rodgers. And yet when Rodgers went down, he was willing to waste the season--even when Rodgers was trying to make a comeback if the Jets were to stay in contention! Mind boggling.

ouchy likes this.
  7. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

It makes perfect sense. He wanted out of Green Bay. So he told them they were going to trade him or he was going to retire (and they'd get nothing for him). Now he is out of Green Bay so he can be honest about how long he intends to play.

8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

None of this would matter if we had an 0-line.

None of it.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  9. bmfc1

bmfc1 Well-Known Member

Rodgers is a horrible human being and I wanted no part of him on my favorite team. Once they got him, everyone was "all-in" and I fell in line. Unfortunately, management ignored the downside of having a 39-year-old fading QB and bought into the glamour. The GM should have gotten Flacco or at least kept White but instead thought that Rodgers was as invincible as Rodgers thinks he is... and that's where the fault lies. Rodgers is being Rodgers, meaning the world revolves around him and his tin-foil opinions but ownership and management should have had contingency plans. Honestly, I blame Johnson and Douglas more than I do Rodgers.

BrooklynJetsFan likes this.
  10. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

It didn't go like that.

-After a lot of drama, Rodgers got GB to give him a $150 million contract - all of it guaranteed. No trade clause.
    -When the season ended he said he wasn't sure if he wanted to keep playing - for the 3rd year in a row. And that he would go on a darkness retreat to decide. He told the press this, not packers management, who learned about it from the news.
    -While in his darkness retreat GB decided they wanted to move on from him and announced Love as their opening day starter.
    -When Rogers found out, after leaving the darkness 2 days early, he was upset because he had decided to keep playing. But he eventually agreed to a trade.
    -Nobody wanted to trade for him because he was still guaranteed a 100 million plus over 2 years. GB was screwed.
    -We rode in like a white knight and rescued GB from cap destruction, and even agreed to give them 2 high picks and a pick swap.

11. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

To me it does make sense. I could see where somebody that is an attention whore like Rodgers floats the idea of retiring and wonders if he would miss it - then it's taken away from him and he realized, "holy shit, I would really miss it..." But to your point, I can totally see AR coming back and having a decent year, then next year floating the retirement talk again...

12. The_Darksider

So, we overpaid?

BrooklynJetsFan likes this.
  13. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Finally the real overarching reason surfaces. No QB, repeat no QB was going to win behind this line. That is the gospel truth. Yet Saleh thinks the answer is to get back a healthy OL, a point that couldn’t be further from the truth. We absolutely need two starting caliber OT and one new OG for starters. And lots of depth.

14. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

You, too, are an idiot…aren’t you?

15. mezzavo

And you are seriously thinking about actually sitting through this shit show? 3 years KNOWINGLY flushed down the toilet?

16. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

That ain't right...

17. mezzavo

This is where I’m at and I’m not so old that I can’t change. Only an insane fool continues to smack their face into a brick wall expecting a different outcome. Only insane fools, such as I and the rest of you, root for a team we KNOW will never change. I’m reaching a point where I simply can’t anymore.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  18. mezzavo

That was for JD being his avatar AND his mockery of an article 100% spot on. If he can’t handle the truth get out of the kitchen…

19. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Whatever... just trying to keep it civil.

It's a game after all... and we ain't winning.

20. The_Darksider

Serious question, man. You've said something similar to this at least four or five times just in the last few days - why are you smacking your face into a brick wall on a message board?

stinkyB and mezzavo like this.