Acute Rodgers Fatigue

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Since1969, Dec 20, 2023.

1. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

He’s no Jim Jones that’s for sure

2. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

To each his own. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, unless of course it's full of hatred and violence. Yours isn't and neither is mine, and that's what makes the world go 'round. Well, at least it should.

3. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

His post interview comments toeing the company line didn't sound like a guy who didn't want/need those Disney dollars to me.

McAfee deserves all the credit in the world for essentially creating a lot of success out of nothing. But at this point a lot of that has likely overstayed it's welcome that always came with an expiration date (I know I'm pretty over turning on ESPN and seeing his face everywhere), and likely wouldn't end up being platformed anywhere near as big as he's got it with Disney right now.

4. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

FanDuel was giving him $30m/year. ESPN is only $17m/year. It has nothing to w/ money.

5. Kronoking

You need to look at the bigger picture implications of that interview yesterday. Which essentially was the best thing that could of of happened for Jets fan this winter not looking forward to a guaranteed punt next year.

Rodgers burying himself in that interview will see a lot of the media, who were previously turning the blind eye to the negative aspects of having him here, turn on him going forward now. Combine that with the push back chirping already coming out of star like Garrett and Breece, and we might actually see Woody forced to re-evaluate this whole "we are bringing back everybody and everything is going to be ok" narrative they foolishly thought would sell a lot better then it is.

Rodgers himself isn't a dummy. He's already under enough fire without fighting a war on the home front. That might be enough to offer up Hackett as a sacrificial lamb

6. Kronoking

Base salary #'s that get reported to the media are only telling a partial story there. There is so many more considerations that go into a deal like that. For instance just moving to much bigger platform can save you a ton of money on back end expenses they pick up and which you were previously footing the production bill on out of pocket. Potential bigger cuts in side ad revenue deals. The massive brand exposure upgrade he's gotten out of going from fanduel to the top of the mountain. Ect..

He likely came out ahead in the grander scheme of things. Making that jump while it was there was a 100% no-brainer career move.

7. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Yeah there’s a lot of backend stuff he doesn’t have to deal with at ESPN now, probably frees up a ton of time. Though if this back stabbing thing is true, I wonder if he thinks about going for the money again, or just finding a platform that’s just as big as ESPN…

8. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I realised part of the reason I have a lot of Rodgers fatigue - thanks to the facebook algorithms I just noticed when scrolling down my feed that I had 3 separate "suggested posts" more or less back to back that were all some variant of Rodgers and Kimmel/Macafee so you do get this feeling of it being everywhere

bmfc1 and The_Darksider like this.
  9. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

He openly admitted that swapping to ESPN made the production process of his show way easier and that the people who did that for him got to work less. At this point in time though, ESPN needs PMS more than PMS needs ESPN. ESPN is dying.

Jonathan_Vilma and abyzmul like this.
  10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Because of people like Norby Whatshisname

11. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

He should just go shop the podcast market. Spotify would probably pay him a pretty penny even if it won’t be a live radio show. That makes the need for a big production team go away. You have a couple static cameras that record the entire thing from different angles and any video conferencing calls needed and hire one guy to edit it.

12. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

I mean the effin guy is everywhere... go back to Malibu and rehad. he better be a good on field coach because this team , esp. the O, is going to need it with the stiffs we have on the CS...

13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

ESPN is not dying

millions will tune in to ESPN on Monday night football this week- Eagles and Bucs

I watched the punter shit himself when he got some viewers (way less) for Rodgers big announcement

14. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

Is AR watching the GB game and still complaining that GB GM never gives him receivers? That is one good young looking team in GB, and AR should keep his ears, eyes and mouth at QB and on the field.

15. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Last year they were rookies and nowhere near as good. Lazard was the best one they had and had the most yards. Now the rookies took a leap. There is no reason to blame Rodgers for that. I will say that Love has developed into a good player sitting behind Rodgers. Too bad Zach didn't get that opportunity, they are similarly talented guys from small schools but with all the tools. After 3 years behind Rodgers Love looks legit. Oh well, what could have been. Also, seeing how Love plays, Gutekunst would have traded Rodgers for a 4th round pick I am sure of that if we waited. Love had to get on the field. Gute really raped JD on that trade.

16. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

im empathetic. i hope that junc is doing ok, even though i couldnt stand him. i still wish no ill will upon him.

abyzmul likes this.
  17. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I MUST RESPOND (ha)! I am totally lost, though. Your post was about Woody Johnson (unless I missed something, which is entirely possible). Long time no see, btw. I meant to say that earlier.

18. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I only got to see Rodgers for 4 plays, so I could use some more. Definitely not sick of him yet. Can’t disagree though: the man definitely loves himself.

19. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Let's not forget...

[​IMG]

20. Kronoking

This chart does a pretty good job of completely ignoring the elephant in the room, and the reality that the devil is in the details :)

Guessing you could make a similar end of career chart out of Payton Manning. Who was 2 years removed from being the league MVP at age 37 before putting up a 9-td/17-int season in his final year. With a much less dramatic drop off in production in that in-between year then what we saw out of Rodgers in 2022.

(Spoiler - if/when Rodgers puts up his own 9/17 season next season this jets team won't be making the playoffs, or much less will be winning any Super Bowls lol)