Acute Rodgers Fatigue

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Since1969, Dec 20, 2023.

1. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Let's not forget that MAJOR college football star, Tim Boyle!!!!! Yee hawwwww...yeah baby!!!

bmfc1 and The_Darksider like this.
  2. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

And I KNEW I was forgetting someone!!!!!

bmfc1 likes this.
  3. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I get your general sentiment and I respect your opinions as a person and a poster. You ain't no sheep. That being said, the main problem that I see with Aaron Rodgers and the main problem that I have with him is that he always thinks he's the smartest guy in the room.

I would go so far as to say that he's not a dumb guy, not at all. What he is, on the other hand, is so full of himself and his superior "knowledge" that he's insufferable. Anyone who comports themselves as if they practically possess the wisdom of the ancients just screams asshole. He's arrogant and condescending, and by all accounts, he has alienated his family and every fiance he's ever had, who, by the way, must have signed some monster disclosure agreements or find themselves in court for defamation of character, which is pretty funny, all things considered.

Speaking of which, I lost how many times this guy has been engaged. Two years is pretty much the shelf life, and I'm fairly convinced at this point that they walk away from him, not the other way around.

None of of what I've said amounts to a hill of beans in either direction, but anyone who can't resist "giving evidence" of how smart they are and how "uninformed" YOU are is either wildly insecure, a narcissist, or both. I don't feel the need for Albatross Rodgers to educate either one of us.

For the record, I couldn't care less about a professional athlete's personal life or his flake thoughts. I don't belong to social media of any kind, but I've developed a composite picture of him because he won't shut up and is incapable of getting out of his own way. I can't cancel someone if I don't follow anybody in the first place, but his persecution complex is hilarious. His thoughts are not important to the world no matter what he thinks.

This signing is probably the most up there embarrassing thing the Jets have ever done to themselves and the fanbase. Whether or not the Jets go deep into the playoffs or go 1-16 next year I really don't want to see this guy again. Anything less than a Super Bowl win and he's a failed endeavor from top to bottom and the same asshole he was when he got himself kicked out of Green Bay.

ETA: There was a sentence dangling in space from yesterday before I quoted anyone. "Here's my main problem with Mr. Flake Turd . . " It got saved as a draft and I didn't notice. It was a little incongruous sitting up above by its lonesome before the quoted part. I should have backspaced everything and left it and not said anything else, haha.

#283 jetophile, Jan 10, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2024
  4. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

You don't trust "impromptu global viruses"? Is there any other kind? Would you prefer planned viruses? What about cancers? Tell us about "quickly peddled anything in a syringe." You're not really talking about vaccines, are you? But these are old themes here and we don't really need to uncan all those worms again do we? Surely Rodgers can't have that much effect on our collective sanity that you would believe there is but a single party line to toe.

BacktoQueens, BrowningNagle and bmfc1 like this.
  5. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I’m not arguing in defense of who he is, or what he says. I may or may not agree with it. What I’m arguing, is the “I don’t agree with what you say, but I’ll defend your right to say it”, has become “anyone who disagrees with the main narrative is dangerous”, especially from certain circles . And Kimmel imo, is one of many who make a lot to keep the narrative on path and damn anyone else who dissents .

Either way, at this point , is superbowl or bust for him now. He risks a serious tarnish on his legacy if he flops in ny.

6. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Man, the idea of going ten rounds with you on this, to the point of dizziness and nausea, is really tempting. And if I didn’t already have plans to wash my hair today…..

7. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

why cause i posted my opinion that at the time lizard wasnt a bad signing? You compared signing a free agent to not singing anyone and somehow finding wes welker ? go root for clown carr. you clown

8. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

You take issue with the shouting down of a dissenting opinion not the opinion itself. I get it. I think where people miss the validity of that opinion is that it often does turn into an excuse for bullying if xyz opinion doesn't fit an agendasized mantra.

The ither thing with Rodgers is that he doubles down on how singled out for persecution he is . . . because he's also RIGHT. I have cut bait with people in my time over being like this. Go be smart by yourself in an empty room, thanks.

It wouldn't surprise me if Aaron Rodgers winds up starting a cult in the California desert after retirement. It writes itself. Aaron the charismatic chakra tripping guru, where people pay to massage his awesome ego. You just know 1,0000s of assholes with holes in their psyches would join (see NXIVM).

9. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Well that’s all completely ridiculous.

10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I would definitely join the Aaron Rodgers cult

typeOnegative13NY likes this.
  11. abyzmul

Wait, what if I started the Aaron Rodgers cult and then just invited him to be our spiritual leader with no sense of responsibility? Paid, of course.

12. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

You know, now that I think of it, you and Woody Johnson have never been seen together at the same time. Very suspicious.

dawinner127 and abyzmul like this.
  13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

You have to be likable to start a cult. Ya know, you need people to want to follow you

That ain't Rodgers. Even his own family thinks he's a douche

Tim Tebow though could've started a cult easily

14. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I'm pretty sure he did...

15. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Promoting baseless conspiracy theories and pedophile accusations is about as low brow as it gets.
    Rodgers is no where near as “clever” as he seems to think.

More to the point of the Jets, this is exactly what Rodgers said we need to eliminate, as none of this helps us win games.
    Maybe he should listen to his own words.

16. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

If he wins the Jets a Superbowl, sign me up for the cult!

17. abyzmul

Have you ever wondered what it would feel like to get furiously back-slapped by a sticky, baby-sized hand?

18. Ralebird

You have a can of worms on your head?

19. Ralebird

And both have had similar success at the Jets.

20. abyzmul

I think that the real boss move would have been to do that Tuesday show without even acknowledging Kimmell as a topic of conversation. The guy spent a week getting his writers to pen a 7 minute monologue on you. You won.

Instead, he did a weak ass follow up and yeah he was whining about cancel culture. Aaron isn't as above-it-all as he tries to portray himself. And people are right, that BS of him saying to get the BS out of the building less than 48hrs before his BS segment about Kimmell was pretty weak as well.

#300 abyzmul, Jan 11, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2024
    BrowningNagle likes this.