Acute Rodgers Fatigue

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Since1969, Dec 20, 2023.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Neither can take it obviously. Kimmel made fun of his hair cut, a man bun joke, come on. That’s a little different then claiming he’s a pedo

Id argue if you are wearing a girly ass man bun you are asking to be picked on anyway lol

2. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I think there was more… Rodgers said there was a list , and Kimmel started calling him names. It’s all lame, but Kimmel is the one who escalated it with the threats . How dare anyone contest an establishment shill.

3. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

In the end, both Rodgers and Kimmel got what they crave most: lots of attention.

papapump and BrowningNagle like this.
  4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I'm surprised our head PR junkie / team owner hasn't weighed in yet.

5. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

Yesterday did it for me. I try to be firmly on his side since he's the Jets QB, and people really love to hate on him when he's seemingly put the team first. Everything he does is dissected and discussed. He seems to revel in it and even encourage it and listens to ALL of it.

He's coming across as a conspiracy theorist who thinks the media is out to get him, but it is all his fault by continuing to go on and on and on. If he would just shut up, it would go away.
    Even Pat, who loves the eyeballs that Rogers brings him, had enough and rolled his eyes repeatedly all while trying to bring him back to talking about football yesterday.

Green Bay dropped him and got better and is in the playoffs. Their fan were exhausted by him and I don't blame them. They put up with his crap for years, but because he was winning MVPs and winning playoff games, it was worth it.

He's done absolutely nothing for this franchise. We were 7-10 without him in 2022 and went 7-10 after signing him in 2023. Until he starts winning games for the Jets, I wish he would just disappear like almost every other quarterback does in the off season.

6. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

forget it. It’s not worth the argument on my one day off this week

7. JetFanInNE

It’s probably because this team is fucked financially and personnel-wise and we don’t have a clear path to un-fuck it

8. BrowningNagle

here ya go- you must’ve missed this yesterday when you made this post claiming he didn’t say anything about cancel culture

“Aaron Rodgers ripped for his laughably bad take about being canceled”

https://www.si.com/nfl/2024/01/10/aaron-rodgers-pat-mcafee-show-ripped-for-cancel-comments

9. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Yeah I saw it and I did miss it. I still don’t really see why you’re so upset about it or what he said was wrong. He’s been ripped about being a conspiracy theorist for multiple years now. He should just allow public slander?

10. BrowningNagle

I wasn’t upset about it, I thought it was pretty stupid to rant about being cancelled when given the platform he is given, that’s like the opposite of being canceled

there are like 10 quarterbacks playing this weekend in playoff football that would kill for the platform Rodgers is being given

11. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Girly ass man bun, hahaha. I HATE those things! I always say, "Do we live in fckn feudal Japan?! Well, then guess what, be my indentured servant, jackass!" You always turn into your parents. I remember being really young and my Daddy screaming out the driver side window of our brown paneled Ford Station wagon at the hippies. "Take a bath!" "Get a job!" "Get a haircut!" Haha. And my Grandpa was a barber. He was always chasing my cousin with scissors when my cousin was in his Mark Farner stage. I could never figure out if he was trying to give him a haircut or kill him.

Since1969 and BrowningNagle like this.
  12. bmfc1

bmfc1 Well-Known Member

I'm with you. I've been a Jets fan for my entire life (which is longer than the Jets have been in existence) and I've never felt this bad about the team. I'm used to them losing big games, close games, having a dopey owner, a bad coach, et al, but this guy is the face of the franchise and the Jets' world revolves around him. He is a tin-foil conspiracy theorist and I'm embarrassed that he is the QB of my team. I will be with them forever but I'd be happy if he broke his leg tomorrow and retired.

13. typeOnegative13NY

Can you explain the tin foil hat part, and how it pertains to Rodgers? All I’ve heard., is that he didn’t trust the shot. I got it, but I also still do t trust impromptu global viruses, and a quickly peddled anything in a syringe. Is there something else from him that I’m missing for the tin foil hat shit, or is that it?

I guess in the perfect world, the only people with platforms would be people like Kimmel… and anyone who toes the party line. That’s why when someone with a decenting voice has a platform, they get the treatment Rodgers was talking about yesterday. Even to the point where you say you would be happy if he broke his leg and retired. Because he has views that are different? Good lord, just 1984 this planet and get it over with.

#273 typeOnegative13NY, Jan 10, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2024
  14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

McAfee is practically canceled at this point, they have to do anything ESPN asks because one of the execs has been trying to cancel them since they were brought on

typeOnegative13NY likes this.
  15. typeOnegative13NY

Good thing is he may not need espn

16. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

cool. ive seen your receipts.

17. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

18. JetFanInNE

Cool fucker, I was giving you an out but you insist on acting like an asshole so you are now being blocked. Have a miserable day and life.

19. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

If we'd signed Carr, kept MLF, and drafted Broderick Jones with the first rounder we wouldn't have had to swap back, we'd have been a playoff team for sure. Maybe even won the division.

Kronoking, mezzavo and The_Darksider like this.
  20. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Let's not forget addition by subtraction - we wouldn't have Hackett, Cobb, Lazard, Turner, or likely Cook.

I'm getting more depressed by the minute.

HomeoftheJets and mezzavo like this.