Acute Rodgers Fatigue

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Since1969, Dec 20, 2023.

1. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

I do wish AR would keep his comments to football or not do the show
    serious question - what were your thoughts on opening day before kickoff? I get you did not want Rodgers -

2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

My thoughts all along about Rodgers, since his name was brought up about coming to the Jets early last year, were that he would not be around long enough to make a difference. Also that he was indecisive about retiring and could decide at any time to walk away from the game. And that bringing him on even for a couple of years would just delay the inevitability of getting a long term quarterback here and up to speed while the defense was still strong.

Then there was the football side of it - if he came here how much was left in his tank having already seen a two year decline in his performance? I also was afraid of what he would cost the team, both financially and in terms of lost draft picks and how that would affect the team's ability to continue the build.

In other words, pretty much just like I feel today. Except now I'm also not happy about the control he appears to hold regarding player and coaching personnel and further delays in the team getting serious about real, effective change.

Since1969 likes this.
  3. nevbeats319

ok that is fair. i still think every option last season was a 1-2 bridge anyway ( even Carr). In the end, i dont think there was a good option for 2023 in any path. the real mistake was Zach Wilson not working out, that is the price

4. Ralebird

Since you keep bringing Carr up, I might remind you that Carr is about 7 1/2 years younger than Rodgers, he should have at least five or six years in the tank, not one or two.

The mistake with Wilson was not that he didn't work out but that he had no where near enough quality experience to prepare him for the NFL. He was a bad pick from the get go, and that would have been true even at number 32 not just at number two.

Now, isn't it time you did something about your near hysterical claim that everybody here has always wanted Rodgers?

5. nevbeats319

I know Carr is alot younger but that doesn't mean he would have played at a high level for that amount of time. If you go on Saints forum now, they want out now.

6. Ralebird

Well, it doesn't matter at all to me what Saints fans think. What was their option? The Jets elected to go with Rodgers and Wilson who, combined, started five games fewer than Carr. That duo also won four games less than New Orleans did with Carr. Tell me what that means.

And tell us if you really believe that all Jets fans wanted Rodgers and can't wait until he is back on the field. If he ever is.

7. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

Some of you guys let the media talk you into hating anyone they want whenever they want. It's comical and you should be embarrassed about it. I can't imagine letting Sal Licata dictate who I'm going to be miserable about for the day.

Mogriffjr likes this.
  8. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Carr wasn't the Saints problem, and having Brees all those years turned Saints fans into spoiled brats when it comes to QBs.

Ralebird likes this.
  9. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Definitely better than the other options. Saints fans wanted Jameis anyways, Carr is nothing but Jimmy G lite if that.

10. nevbeats319

i agree. if the jets gave that contract to carr and they didnt make the post season.....this fanbase would go crazy....and for sure, this regime would be fired

11. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

Had the Jets gone with him instead of Rodgers we wouldn’t have Hackett calling the plays on offense, nor would we have Allen Lazard wasting valuable cap space. I never wanted Rodgers either and curse Woody to hell for saddling us with this clown show for the next couple seasons at least!

12. JetFanInNE

NOW you’re getting it!

13. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Oh, totally agree, but off-season, much as I said . . . but that comes with a disclaimer. Our off-season means dead in the water as we watch other teams vying for something. The only thing I vy for currently is trying to play my 3 and a half year old niece. She's a tomboy, much as I was. "Hey (watching some game not the Jets), why don't you show Aunt jeto your track star skills? You go run into the kitchen as fast as you can and get me a glass of water. See if you break the world record. I'll time you. Go!"

Sometimes she puts her hands on her hips and her brow furrows, other times she bolts; but that's because she loves me, not because she's fooled. She ain't no dummy. Me on the other hand, that Jets fan thing. o_O

BrowningNagle likes this.
  14. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I would be fine with kicking him in his ass and never signing him in the first place, but who am I. If you said nobody, you would be correct!

15. nevbeats319

If you go back and look at the best available WR FA. He was at the top. It was a very weak FA class. Hackett sucks, no doubt about it. I will stand with my opinion. IF Aaron didnt get hurt on the 4th play of the game....he is better then any option the jets could have got and better then 90% of the qbs in the nfl

16. JetFanInNE

You don’t always need the best available, sometimes that player doesn’t match the scheme. Do you think Wes Welker was the best available wide receiver the year the Pats signed him or was he the best FIT?

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  17. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It doesn’t really matter where NFL.com ranked the free agents after the year. Lazard was downright awful and I don’t really know how that can be disputed.

He also topped out at 788 yards at age 27 as the clear number one option when Rodgers didn’t want to throw to any of the kids in 2022. He had one 100 yard game last year and had 3 in his career before that. That’s unacceptable for a supposed #2 in the NFL anymore.

Regardless of all that, (because I know the but CoReY dAvIs thing is coming), why would the Jets expect him to someone get better at 28 and beyond?

18. nevbeats319

Corey Davis was a 500 yard per year WR. The idea at the time was to release him. Lazard replacing CD was a upgrade

I dont know where you stood prier to signing him or after. It is easy to have your statement now after it was a awful year for him.

There was 28 1k Wrs this year, So 700 yards for another options is pretty good. There is probably a handful or less of teams that have two 1k Wrs.

19. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The idea wasn’t to release Corey Davis or they would’ve released Corey Davis. He made past the point where that would’ve made any sense and then retired.

He had 788 as the #1 receiver in a passing friendly offense with Aaron Rodgers throwing him the ball. If 28 guys had 1,000 yard receivers, you can make the argument that’s almost one for 32 teams (obviously) even if multiple teams had more than one. He falls below that mark when he was the #1 and his production as a #2 in Green Bay the year before are even more underwhelming.

Here are my we are pursuing Allan Lazard real-time opinions.

#239 Jonathan_Vilma, Jan 9, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2024
  20. nevbeats319

Fair enough. thank you for sharing your old posts.

At the time of FA. I did want a WR but didn't think it was a huge need. (we had wilson and moore). I didn't love the FA list and liked the draft prospects ( Jackson smith njigba and cedric tillman) . I did think AL was the best of the FA class and it was a good move (pre rodgers). Looks horrible but im hoping next year we get to see him be a red zone threat like he was suppose to be