Aaron Rodgers

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Sep 21, 2024.

1. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Clean pocket EPA is.. concerning lmao

2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Rodgers will be even worse next season. I hope they dont run it back

3. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

If I'm reading this correctly, this is showing the Jets pass protection isn't as bad as we think

4. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

I don’t have it offhand but I read that Adams contract was reworked to minimize the cap hit if he’s gone next year. Rodgers is shot. He’s taken a beating and we’re not even halfway through. He’s not built to be taking hits in his 40’s, and why in the world would he want to? We need to hire a new coach. That coach isn’t keeping Hackett. That means a new offensive system, likely a new defensive system too. You think Rodgers is going to bother learning a new playbook for one more season? Unless of course you’re advocating to make Ulbrich our official HC. Are you?

5. dawinner127

We are 24th in Pass block win rate so I'm not sure it's that good, but whenever Rodgers has a clean pocket he isn't doing shit with it.

6. dawinner127

Think it's still a 8m hit next year if they move on? I could be wrong. I can't imagine he would OK the trade if they are both leaving after an 11 game rental. Wouldn't shock me at all though given JD's track record.

I think Rodgers is back and I think we struggle with bringing in a top tier HC (Johnson, Slowik, etc) because of Rodgers being here for 1 more year. I could see someone like Vrabel taking it on to give it a go with Rodgers for 1 year then building it his way. Woody giving the GM + Vrabel similar power on roster building type thing since that's why Vrabel basically got out of Tenn. He wanted more control and I could see Woody conceding it.

7. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Sadly I see Vrabel not coming for the opposite reason...

8. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Vrabel isn’t doing that. No HC is. The HC has 3 years to get his shit together and produce a winning team, after that the calls for his head from fans usually grow loud and they get fired. You’re asking Vrabel or any other HC to sacrifice one of those years with this disaster of an experiment, it’s not happening. The only way Rodgers and his friends are here next year is if Ulbrich is given a HC contract with Hackett still on as the OC. Ulbrich can fire Hackett if he wants after Rodgers is gone.

9. dawinner127

I just don't see another team/owner give Vrabel the power he is going to want in the organization. Woody is a fucking nerd. He would totally do it and give Vrabel the 3 years after they run it with Rodgers for a year.

Rodgers is going to be here in 2025 unless he retires. Learn ayahuasca buddy.

10. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Umm, right. He’s going to retire, that’s what I’ve been saying. He’s not moving on to another team, that’s never remotely been a possibility so I’m not sure what you’re insinuating?

Besides Rodgers age and body being unable/unwilling to take the punishment of another season next year, everything that happened this year so far has shown the desperation of Woody trying to get it done this year. Firing the HC after 5 games, trading for Adams, giving Reddick back all his fines and then some to get him in right after a game our D gets cut up by Wilson. Woody is treating this season like an OR doctor desperately trying to save the life of an all but dead body. On top of that he still hasn’t extended JD’s contract. His contract is going to run out after this season. A GM’s job is not nearly as short-sighted as a HC’s job. They need to think and act with a long term vision. JD had a good long term vision but he sucks at executing it because he’s been poor at talent evaluation overall. So Woody just shit all over his vision and said here’s $250m, we’re buying a championship caliber team. You really expect Woody to turn around and hand him another 6 year deal? I don’t.

So that means new GM. Want a good GM? He needs to pick his coach. Want a good coach? He needs to be able to pick his staff. Aaron Rodgers stops all of it, and Woody knows it and I think Woody already knows this is Rodgers last season before he retires. He’s already got his hand on the ejection lever with this hamstring “flare up” they just announced. Rodgers is either going to legit get hurt, or if we lose again this week especially that hamstring is suddenly gonna become season ending.

11. dawinner127

I don't think he retires. We can agree to disagree then.

12. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

There is only one thing we know for sure. We have no idea what Woody’s plan will be.

I am guessing is highly dependent on the full outcome of this season. If we end up with more losses than wins Ulbrich most likely will not be given a full HC position and God only knows who the candidates will be. If JD is retained or not is another wrinkle that will determine how vast the candidate pool will be. At this point, as a minimum I don’t see any other outcome but to make sweeping changes that require a new OC. Hackett might be retained on some advisory game plan position, but that’s is about it. He has already lost any day to day influence on the performance of the O. Carter sure as hell will be gone.

The real issue is what good coach would want this job and under what conditions. People that refuse to accept that Woody is the number one detriment to capture good leadership have clearly not been paying attention. BB is not the only one that has publicly gone on record to this effect. This has been discussed at nausea by many ex Jets.

It is sad to note, for those that want change, that over the last may be 15 years plus, every major change this organization under Woody has made has produced worst results rather than improvements.

We are in a pickle, in a full blown desperations mode, we have gone all in for this year and may be next, and the future is looking pretty shitty. I can’t imagine than top candidates are eyeing the Jets as a primary destination.

The only solution in my view is for Woody to take a step back, select a President of Football operations with depth and breath and full control over all aspects of personnel and football decisions. Woody should focus only on overarching financials, sales and marketing. And above all, give the new President enough time and power to do the job right once and for all.

13. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

If Jets don't right the ship, the only way Rodgers returns to this perennially dysfunctional family is if he has no life outside of football. After all, the Jersey swamp is packed with football careers consisting of unfulfilled expectations.

14. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

What?!? You want to end this debate in a civil manner? I’m so confused, shouldn’t this be where we call each other names? Like for real, we can do this? Damn, is world peace next?

dawinner127 likes this.
  15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I think they have the perfect situation to find Willie Beamen next season. If they haven't found him already!!