Aaron Rodgers Main Thread #3

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Apr 9, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

It’s plenty more than that, you can Google many instances of Aaron Rodgers being a piece of shit. I don’t give a shit what anyone’s vaccination status is anymore, if you’re dumb enough not to do it then that’s on you.

Another convo for another thread which I definitely have no desire to get into. He’s a piece of shit but for as long as he’s our piece of shit I’ll root for him.

bmfc1 likes this.
  2. bmfc1

bmfc1 Well-Known Member

Reluctantly, I agree. I can't stand the guy and was happy at how badly GB did last season BUT the Jets have no other good options. That doesn't mean that mgmt. should give away every draft pick it has to get him but if it's either AR or Zach in '23 I'll enjoy the spectacle, the extra wins he brings, and hopefully the playoffs.

JetFanInNE likes this.
  3. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I think this really sums it up. Is there a concern Rodgers will decline? Of course. Manning did. Still won the SB at the same age Rodgers is now, but he was shell of his former self. But Manning had a brutal neck injury, while Rodgers managed to stay healthy all career and likely has a lot more in the tank at the same age. It's worth a shot, and the delay is precisely because JD does not want to mortgage the future and give next year's first. If Rodgers does not work out, we may need to be picking a QB high next year. Still, I think at this time next week Rodgers will be a Jet, and we will not be giving up a 1st in the deal neither this nor next year.

4. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

First thing that came up was the $millions he gave to local small businesses during the pandemic.

I must be doing something wrong... :confused:

5. BroadwayAaron

Keep scrolling and you will find out how he is a 911 conspiracy theorist, such an asshole that he no longer has contact with his own family, puts down medical professionals and healthcare workers despite the fact their entire job is to serve the public and keep them safe/healthy. He’s a piece of garbage, bottom line. If he wasn’t generationally wealthy then what would he have to stand on? His morals, which suck major ass.

but like I said, he’s our piece of garbage and I will root for him to win the football games for as long as he’s wearing our jersey.

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

We're going to be needing to pick a QB in the next two seasons. As surely as Brett Favre led to Mark Sanchez Aaron Rodgers will lead to the next over-drafted prayer.

One of the big reasons Sanchez failed was the Jets failed to support him adequately after the free agents aged out. He was part of 3 pick draft that was preceded by 6 pick draft and 4 pick draft and followed by a 4 pick draft and a 6 pick draft.

Who does that kind of shit and expects not to miss the playoffs consistently when the free agents age out?

7. BroadwayAaron

It really takes a special brand of miserable to already be miserable about what might be happening five years from now.

8. Br4d

*Covers his eyes with his hand*

I see Jets being Jets and 5 years doesn't matter because I've been watching them for 52 now.

In a couple of decades you will understand.

Jets69 and BrowningNagle like this.
  9. BroadwayAaron

This changes nothing about what I said in my original post.

KingRoach likes this.
  10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

He's "generationally wealthy"?

I'm out... :p

Ill Will likes this.
  11. Br4d

It changes everything. You just don't have the perspective to see it yet.

I root for the Jets knowing they are going to fail because that's what they do. You watch the Jets with some tipsy hope that things will be different when in fact the rug is already coming out from under your feet but you don't know it yet.

Everybody gives Woody grief for the Jets failures at this point but the truth is he is nothing special as a Jet's owner. Every owner in the last 50 years has had the long playoff droughts and the truly miserable teams. The Jets have actually missed the playoffs 10 years running twice now and they were an 8-8 team with a wild card loss away from having three 10 year streaks in the last 52.

And before you start with "you're a miserable person" just be aware that I wasn't a miserable person about the Jets until I was exposed to them for a long period of time. This team is like a virus that infects you and removes all hope.

12. BroadwayAaron

Actually you’re right. That’s a bad way to describe someone who is going to have half a billion of earned income not even including marketing and endorsements. Because the person we are talking about is such a piece of garbage he can’t hold a relationship long enough to have a child. No second generation to pass that down to.

If you can’t understand why plenty of people think he’s a piece of garbage based off everything I listed for you, then you are just clinging to one part of his opinion that you really like and ignoring the rest. We can have a conversation about that somewhere else but nobody wants to read that shit anymore in here.

13. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

So he's a "piece of garbage" because he doesn't have any kids?

Oh... I understand why people think he's a piece of shit.
    I just don't agree with them... or you in this case.

Ptflea2, Ill Will and NYJalltheway like this.
  14. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Are we talking about Aaron Rodgers or Robert Kennedy Jr?

NYJalltheway likes this.
  15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Oh my God lock this thread

Bellys Lies and chrisrex like this.
  16. BroadwayAaron

You’re definitely missing the point on purpose and picking very specific things to cling to. Let’s just agree to disagree and root for the football player if he ever gets here.

17. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

The amount of hate on AR as a human is asinine in this thread. Some of you are acting like he's a cheating, serial killing nazi.

Calm your tits people. He's a weird dude, but you'll get used to it.

- Your WI representative.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

18. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Well said. He is unlikeable and weird but that's it. I wish BroadwayZach just dropped this talk entirely. People come to this thread to read updates about AR trade. Instead they have to read about what type of a human being AR is. Who cares really?

19. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I tell ya who doesn't care... literally every person in my state. And Jets fans shouldn't care either.

From a purely football perspective, I don't think he's lost it at all. I think losing Adams hurt more than people realize. The Packers had nothing as far as weapons go. His best option to throw to was Aaron Jones for gosh sake. I truly believe the Jets weapons next year will be easily better than what he had to work with last season.

Despite the "bad year", he still had what any Jets fan would/ should consider a successful season had he had those numbers with the Jets.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

20. BroadwayAaron

My entire point was that even as someone who dislikes him, it’s impossible for me to pretend this isn’t a great football move in response to someone that said this is nothing more than a marketing move. Arguably more asinine than anything else said in this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.