Aaron Rodgers is a Jet

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NOVAJET, Apr 24, 2023.

1. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Thanks...for your one voice of reason lol

LAJet likes this.
  2. soh_vet

soh_vet Well-Known Member

Awful trade. Specifically based on what we did w/ Farve. It's bascially a 2nd, 3rd (1st rd swap) and 6th in 2023 AND 2nd (potential 1st) in 2024 for a 40yo, 90% retired QB with a big contract on a Team that doesn't want him. Who the fuck does that?

He is a FUTURE HOF QB, but that is based on his performance IN THE PAST! He is as good as he did in his last season, which was ~#16. We got a mid-level QB, who may be here for 1 year.
    We are in one (if not theee) toughest division in the league.

JD got his pants pulled down. Heads should roll if 2023 doesn't get us to AFCCG.

Ralebird, Cosmo, papapump and 2 others like this.
  3. NYsportsfan1962

Question as I just got home to hear. Are there any retirement clauses in this deal, meaning if Rodgers only plays one year but plays 65% of the plays are the Jets out a 1st next year with no QB?

4. AG3

AG3 Well-Known Member

OMG. Please stop.

5. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

I was expecting better, but it's not as terrible as being advertised.

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The prices the Jets have paid for their last 3 QB's cumulatively: #3 plus 3 high 2's, #2, swap of 1sts (13 for 15) plus #42 plus either 1st or 2nd next year. And what we got out of that was 24-58 and maybe 2 years out of a 40 year old QB.

You can't make this stuff up. After this sequence has finished the Jets should just setup a booth in Penn Station and take the first 22 year old between 200 and 240 lbs that walks by and hand him the job. They can't possibly do worse than they've done the last 5 years.

7. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

This trade is fucking dog shit. Only way this is worth it is if we win the Superbowl. Looks like desperation won In the end.

65% playing time is the condition for a first rounder next year? You fucking kidding.

.. and we move down two spots in the fucking first round?

.. and we give up one of our second round picks?

Just fucking stupid. All this waiting and then we get this???

If we don't win the Superbowl and Rodgers only plays one season for us. We lose our first round pick. WTF are we going to do at QB then?

Especially when you have two studs entering the draft next year. We give up our first for a 39 year old QB.

SOJ.

Fuck this team.

hobgoblin, Cman68 and soh_vet like this.
  8. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

I wonder if JD's next job is with the Pack.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  9. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

You say you can make this stuff up yet you are essentially forecasting the outcome of a trade as a failure before we have even played one game, never mind a season or two……which in fact is nothing but making shit up.

10. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I could not fathom being as miserable as some of you people. Holy hell.

11. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

I’m not gonna post again in this thread, I certainly don’t want to piss on anyone else’s parade…

…but holy fuck I hate this trade! Devil’s advocate here: Rodgers plays every game this season but the team misses the playoffs (we’re the Jets, it’s entirely plausible), we then have to give up our first next season, and then there’s the very real possibility he retires after the season. We’re right back where we started from except we have no 1st round pick. Holy shit there are no words to describe how much I loathe this trade!

I’m out. Everyone enjoy your day.

12. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

The price was pretty steep, but it's not two firsts as was rumored. I am also not convinced Rodgers has the desire or commitment to play at a high level anymore. Finally, I worry he's brittle and will get hurt and then retire after a single season (hopefully it's not a late season injury). I view this as a risky move, and with that, I accept that it's done. Rodgers is a Jet and we are a far better team than we were yesterday. I want to see this team kick some ass and make a deep playoff run. I can't wait for the season to start. No excuses. Let's fucking go.

Cman68 likes this.
  13. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

What the F is wrong with all of you... Your never satisfied, you want your cake and eat it too? You got an 2 time MVP that played better last year with a screwed up thumb better then any QB we had in years and he "wants to be here for early session." WTF,,,,

Arm you arm chair GM, get real... As Cman said, "woody finger prints are all over this." I agree, I pitched a data model that showed a Chairman of the board of a Fortune 1000 compnay how to improve quality resulting in more revenue and he said and I quote., "The model numbers are sound and makes sense,,,BUT MY NUMBERS ARE WHAT WE MARCH TO not your model. Thank you and get out....

Sometimes you have to accept reality and deal with it... stop whining and celeberate the fact we are a significantly better team then we were last week!

14. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

that s a good question

15. BroadwayAaron

He’s been doing this forever. Guy already determined that the QB we have 5 years from now will be terrible in another thread.

16. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

This is what happens when you're begging.

Of course they were doing this. Woody gave his FO orders to make this happen no matter the cost. This also gives JD one last chance to salvage his 2nd rd fck up on the off chance that some of what Rodgers brings to the field rubs off on the Great Young MILF Hunter.

JetFanInNE likes this.
  17. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

Two thoughts..

1. Yes JD overpaid and got fleeced

2. Who the F cares, its 1 early pick not 3 or 4. How many wasted 1st round picks have we lived through( Wilson, Becton, Darnold, Lee, Pryor, Richardson, Milliner, Sanchez, Kyle Wilson, Sanchez, Keller, the Ghost, etc.... get it...and that's not even bringing up the bad 2nd round picks) ? Bad early picks are the norm for this team.. I "DE"value any Jets 1st round pick with their history...

If he gets us deep into the playoffs this year and a SB next year I'll take it and can finally see a SB champion for the first time since I lost my front baby teeth !

Let Zach sit and watch and mature, if he's worth that 1st round pick he will and we will have another top QB after Rodgers, if not... hey it's just another dumb QB they wasted a pick on... nothing new here.. he's not the QB you're looking for...move along

edit update.. put in Sanchez twice.. he was twice as bad..

#157 No Fly Zone, Apr 24, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2023
  18. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Devils advocate. Jets win the superbowl

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  19. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

With this trade.. the window for success Is extremely small. We have essentially went all In with our new 40 year old QB who just had a pretty mediocre seeason, who was 90% retired after the season, and Isn't getting any younger. If we don't win a Superbowl and he retires after this upcoming season. This Is a huge failure.

What do we do next year without a first rounder and essentially no shot at the top two stud QBs coming out next year? We going to do what the Colts have been doing, just signing all the past their prime QBs available?

This was a desperate trade and JD got fleeced.

20. BroadwayAaron

All in? While still having a first and second round pick this year? And still having either a first or second next year? The dramatics in this thread are insane.

Ptflea2, NYJalltheway and KY Jets Fan like this.